New Perspective

New Perspective 20

I apologise but I'm not going to give you all the details about the funeral. What you have already been told is all you're getting because although I want her to remembered and although it would have made her happy to have people reminissing about it I'm not quite ready to talk about it just yet. Maybe if I meet you again I'll tell you then but not now.
Look at me, talking as if you were real, maybe you are but that's not for me to find out. Not yet anyway. You probably aren't even reading it. Ever since I arrived in Phoenix I have been writing everything that happened down. If you're reading this book now then my time hasn't been wasted.
You see there was some good news in all of this. Although it's been years since Katelynn died (7 to be exact) I'm still not over her, which is a bad thing I guess. Sure there have been many girls that have shown an interest. Especially now I'm a successful singer. Oh yeah. We made it. Panic at the Disco now have three albums, have been on many tours and have millions of fans. And it's all because of her.
As soon as I turned 18 I moved back to Nevada and got the band together. Every major holiday I visit her grave. Especially on her birthday and the anniversary of her death. But that's to be expected. Anyone would do that. What's not normal is that when I'm preforming I swear I can see her sat up in the rafters on every arena I play, smiling, clapping and cheering after every song, spurring me on.
Enough about me. Becky and Lucas took her advice. They've been together for 7 years also. In fact they're getting married in June. Two months. Panic are performing actually. It should be a blast. They are perfect together, as Katelynn knew they would be.
I guess Lucas did get one sign though because she didn't have to drop hints for long before he was down on one knee on the cliffside asking her to marry him. We still visit there. We go and havea picnic and talk about the good times. I love hearing the memories.
Darren is a different story. We haven't seen him since the accident. He never visited the hospital while she was there. He didn't come to the funeral. He didn't come to school. It was like he no longer existed. Until about 5 months ago when I found out he had been admitted into a mental asylum claiming a girl he was responisble for killing was haunting him and threatening him. Maybe she was getting her revenge on him. Who knew.
I still see her. But I'm not the only one. Becky and Lucas do too. My Mum by the way is now happily married. Not to Mr Anders though (thank god). No, she is married to someone called Michael Florence. I approved from the first time I saw him. He treated her with respect and acted like she was the only girl in the world. Plus he didn't act like I was some boy who couldn't speak for myself and was incompetent. He treated me as an equal.
Their wedding was beautiful. It was in Greece. In a church near the water. They said their vows as the sunset and we had the reception until the early hours before we all retired into the hotel. I have a little sister now. Her name is Aleera. Aleera Hope Florence. I kept my last name. Although I hated my Dad there was no need to lose it.
I'll let you in on a little secret though,whoever it is I may be addressing, I've found a girl who intrigues me. Her name is April. April Myser. I'm not falling for her. I don't feel anything for her other than a friend. But she interests me. She spends her time writing music and stories. She was the one who gave me the idea of burying this in a time capsule. When it's full that is. It probably is since you're reading this. Although it's more likely that it's been destroyed. My life in words lost, never to be read by another human being in the rest of time. Either way it has given me something to do.Taken my mind off the loss I experienced at a young age.
As much as I am enjoying documenting this I'm being called. My show is about to start. Another night another few thousand people to entertain. They never hesitate to make me smile and laugh. The pure mentality of the crowd is just fantastic. I love performing. Anyway I shall leave you to your other activities.I shall write again soon. Goodnight.
Shelly closed the book. Placing it beside her on the bed she laid back and shut her eyes. When her Dad had suggested moving into this house 7 years ago she wasn't all too fond either. It was strange to think that this boy had been going through exactly the same she is.
She had found the book when her Dad was digging up the garden to build a pond. He suggested getting rid of it, claiming it to be junk, but she saw some importance. This person had spent time to write his life down and it should be honoured. So read it.
She had searched for their music. She loved it. Suddenly she understood what this boy was going through. Saw the pain hidden in the lyrics and the love that he had felt for this young girl.
"Shelly! Dinner!"
"Coming Dad!"
She rolled off the bed and left her room. She vowed to return to the book, to finish reading his life and then to pass it on so others could relish it too. This boy and his tale would not be forgotten or over looked. He would be remembered along with his lost love for as long as she could hope.