New Perspective

New Perspective 3

When we arrived in Phoenix it was sunny. I pulled out my shades and slipped them on. My first experiences of my new home and I hated it. It was too bright. Sure Nevada was sunny but not like this. This was a bit too much.
Luckily by the time we reached our new "home" it was slightly overcast and I was happier. Then I remembered why we were here and my happiness level dropped. The house was big. Three bedrooms (all huge), a pool, a massive kitchen, a gym, a home cinema and the bathroom... well the bathroom was the biggest thing I had ever seen. If I ever made any friends I could throw an amazing party.
It was already 9:30 by the time I had unpacked fully and sorted my room. Since I started school tomorrow and I was pretty tired I went downstairs to say goodnight to Mum. Only to find some strange bloke in my house, sat next to my Mum on the couch.
"Erm... Mum?" I asked more than a little confused.
"Oh Brendon! This is Mr Anders. He lives nextdoor. He just popped round to welcome us." she said.
"At 9:30 at night? At least wait until tomorrow dude."
"Brendon! Don't be rude! Apologise to Mr Anders now."
"Oh no Grace don't worry. He's probably just anxious about school tomorrow. Dont worry Buddy you'll be fine." Mr Anders tried to say.
"Don't call me Buddy you jerk and get out my house!"
I stormed upstairs and could hear Mum apologising for my behaviour. I didn't care. He was in my house with my Mum! I'm not having her hurt again.
Throwing myself on my bed I pulled out my phone and just stared at it blankly. I couldn't text my guys. It'd take too long and they've probably already forgetten about me and moved on. If I struggled tomorrow I would consider texting Spence but until then all I could do was wait and see. It might go well. Or it could go like all the others and start off very slow, boring and alone. Can't wait...
I shut my eyes and rolled onto my back. It was too hot to lay under the covers so I just laid on top and sighed. My birthday was in April. It was March now. I only had to survive a month before I could go home again. I could do this. I would do this. Not just for me but for my bands sake too.