New Perspective

New Perspective 5

My first lesson was Biology. It was in G2 in the Gamma block and I had no idea where I was going. It was really quite frustrating. I would have asked someone where I was meant to be going but I knew from past experience that I would be directed in completely the wrong direction. God this was annoying.
Now this school was definitely the biggest I had ever been too but it wasn't exactly the best. The place was dirty to be completely honest. The bins were overflowing and the toilets were a disgrace. It was so bad I didn't understand how people could learn here.
I sighed and continued to walk around aimlessly. If I came across a teacher I'd ask but until then I just hoped for the best.
Katelynn's POV.
The new kid walked passed for the fifth time in 3 minutes. It was obvious he didn't know where he was going and not just to me but no-one helped him. I understood why he didn't just ask someone, hell who would in this school, but I was ashamed no-one offered their help.
"Whatcha thinking of Katie?" Becky said from beside me.
I turned and smiled feebly at her.
"I feel sorry for the new kid." I admitted.
She shook her head and looked at him.
"Oh no. You are not helping him. He's new and no-one makes friends with the new kids. You should know that!"
I looked down at the floor. Sure he was new but that didn't mean I couldn't be nice to him did it?
"But come on Becks! You were new once you know what it's like."
"Yeah and I also know what it was like when you made friends with me! It wasn't exactly the easiest couple of weeks for ya." she retaliated.
"It was only a few kids making jokes. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle. But, admit it, it was easier for you with a friend to show you around." I didn't really need her approval. I was probably going to do it anyway but it helped.
"No Kate. Look he's cute he'll find a friend soon enough. But that wont be you and until then he can just go around like we all did. Leave it alone."
That was her done on the subject. She was right though. He was kind of cute so he would get friends quickly. Becky was my best friend. She had glasses and longish brown hair. She always loved to mention I was short and I always loved to mention that if she carried on I could touch her glasses, leaving a really annoying fingerprint. We loved each other really.
I gave her a look and smiled. She knew what was happening.
"Oh no! Katie listen to me for once! Don't risk it."
But it was too late. I wandered over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped and spun around frowning.
"Hi. You look a little lost. Need any help?" I offered.
He seemed a little suspicious of me and I noticed the sheet in his hands. I took it and looked at his lesson.
"Biology? That's great you're in the same class as me. Come on I'll take you." I said and looped my arm through his.
Looking more than a little confused he let me drag him along.
"I'm Katelynn Frost by the way. But people usually call me Katie or Kate." I smiled.
"I'm Brendon Urie. Nice to meet you."