New Perspective

New Perspective 9

After trying a bunch of sports that dinner time we were no closer to finding out what was going to make me "fit in". I was tired and not being funny but I didn't really feel like anymore sports.
"Come on Brendon there's got to be something you're good at!" Becky complained.
"I played baseball in my first school. But that was ages ago." I mumbled.
"Well lets try baseball then. Then can I go and relax?" Becky whined.
I laughed. Becky was fun to be around. Not like some people I knew *cough cough* Darren and Nathan *cough*. But she was kinda right. I think we all needed to relax.
"Fine we'll try it. But can this be the last one for today?" I asked Kate. She seemed to be the main decision maker in here.
"Okay okay. Don't worry about it. But lets head over to the field. I think there'sa practice game on now. I could maybe ask if you could try." Kate said laughing.
We wandered over to the field. Nathan and Darren were stood on either side of Kate blocking me from getting to her. That was annoying. ButI was fine and before I knew it I was chasing after Becky cause she had tug me. No way was I losing this game!
"He's like a child." Darren said with disgust.
"No he's not. Tig's fun. In fact I'm gonna go play. So if you don't like it you might as well leave. Both of you." Kate frowned at them before running after us.
She reached me and weaved infront of me just out of reach. I suddenly sprinted at her and tackled her to the ground before touching her arm, yelling "TIG!" and running away again.
We reached the field in no time (Darren and Nathan decided to stick around) and Katie walked over to the person I could only guess was the coach. I saw a lot of hand gestures and finally Kate pointed to me. I gave a slight wave in his direction and was quickly beckoned over by the quite frankly huge bloke.
"Where do you play son?" he boomed.
"Wherever you need my Sir." I replied modestly.
"Well lets start you on bowler. Take your place Urie."
"I took my spot and was handed the ball. I weighed it up in my hands and took my stance, watching as Kate took her place in the stands with Becky, Lucas and the idiots. Waiting for the whistle to blow I took in my options and chose my move. When the game was called I threw the ball to the exact position and straight passed the batter.
"Strike 1!"
I reset my stance, caught the ball and threw it again. Again it whipped passed the batter.
"Strike 2!"
I re-did all the moves and threw again. Straight passed the batter.
"Strike 3! You're out!!!"
The whole team stood in awe. I glanced at the Coach who was also stood in awe.
"Urie! Go get your examination and come straight back! We need you in this team!!"
"Examination?" I said confused.