Status: Active

Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Six: Joe's POV

I got out of the shower and sighed. Why did I have to snap at her? I didn't mean to. I slowly got dressed and got ready to go. I had to apologize to her. I headed over and knocked on the door. Charlie opened it. Frankie shot out the back door. I heard my parents call for my brothers and Ashley's mom called for her.

"Why don't you head out to the back deck? Nerd's out there." Charlie suggested. I nodded and headed out to the big back yard. I saw Chrissie sitting by the pool. I headed over to apologize. I sat next to her and looked at her.

"Chrissie-I wanted to apologize to you for snapping at you. I didn't mean to and I feel awful about it." I said honestly. She shrugged.

"It's fine." She said dully.

"No it's not. It wasn't your fault and I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you. It wasn't fair."

"So why were you frustrated?" She asked, changing the subject. I bit my lip, debating on telling her about Rachel. She sighed. "What ever."

"Chrissie-" I started.

"Just forget it. But next time you get all pissy-don't take it out on me." She said, standing up. I stood up, too. She went to walk past me but I turned her back to me so my back was to the pool.

"Chrissie-" I started again.

"I didn't come here," She said loudly, poking my hard in the chest plate. I stepped back. "To get bitched at because you," She poked again. I took another step back. "Have a problem with your ex girlfriend." She poked again and I stepped back, now on the edge of the pool. "So don't take it out on me." I nodded.

"I really am sorry. I wish I could take it back." I said. She nodded. Frankie yelled from the doorway and I lost my balance, falling backwards. I instinctively flung out my arms, Chrissie grabbed my hand, but I was already too far back. We both splashed into the pool, my arms wrapping around her protectively with out even thinking about it. We rose to the surface and she was coughing and spluttering out water. I brushed her hair out of her face, looking at her, concerned.

"I'm so sorry-are you ok?" I asked. She nodded, still coughing. "You sure?" She nodded and smiled.

"I guess that's payback, huh?" She asked, chuckling.

"No. Are you sure you're ok?" I asked again. She looked like she took in too much pool water.

"Yes!" She yelled, laughing. She headed for the side where we fell in and hopped up on the deck. I followed her and we headed for the back door. Charlie stopped us and headed us two towels to dry off first.

"You're such a girl." Chrissie said and he laughed sarcastically before shutting the screen door and muttering something about her.

"You know we can still hear you?" I questioned and Chrissie laughed. Charlie walked away, leaving us to dry off. Chris began to shiver so I handed her my towel so she could dry off faster. She looked at it.

"What about you?" She asked.

"I can wait. You're freezing-take it." I said. She smiled. After ten minutes she was dry enough to go inside to change. I sat on the deck, lying in the sun. My shirt was sticking uncomfortably to me, so I pulled it off and spread it out in another sunspot to dry. I laid back down and Kevin came out.
"Have fun?" He asked, chuckling as he sat next to me.

"Oh yeah." I joked. "I really didn't mean to." I said.

"I know. Now don't do it again." He said and I laughed.

"Thanks, captain Obvious." I retorted. He smirked.

"Joseph!" I heard my mom call. I groaned as I stood up and walked inside. She handed me my swim trunks to change into. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks, mom." I said, heading upstairs to change. The bathroom door was shut so I knocked, figuring Chrissie was in there.

"Just a second." She said and I smiled to myself. A few seconds later the door opened and she looked up to see me. She was wearing a thick long sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts. I stepped aside to let her out of the bathroom, watching as she walked down the hallway. I shut the door behind me, smiling and began to change.