Status: Complete!

Smashed 'N' Trashed

Chapter 1

During the 50’s it was great, but as it drew to a close so did my passion for being a superstar. I faked my own downfall and eventual death before moving to a quiet village in the hills of Finland.

I am what modern-day people would call a vampire but I do not drink blood, or sleep in a coffin- my avoidance to daylight is purely coincidental. I am, in fact, a Demi-God. I am the son of a God and human, which gives me immortality, amazing tolerance to alcohol and striking good-looks.

After going into hiding in Finland, I discovered what rock music would evolve into and I loved it. The darkness became a part of me and the deep riffs of guitars became my blood. After staying in the shadows for about thirty years, I couldn’t resist the calls of those very same guitars- that is when I formed The 69 Eyes.

I was in one of the gritty night-clubs of Helsinki, enjoying my drink when I spotted two men talking to each other; they looked perfect for a band- a dark, sleazy, Goth band! One of the men was short, but with muscular arms and blonde hair; the other was tall with long black hair similar to my own.

I looked over to the stage and decided that the bass player from them would also become mine. The bass player looked like a biker, but I knew he would be perfect!

I got a little side-tracked with a hot blonde chick for a while, she was more than a little drunk, but thankfully the men were still in the same place they had been before she lured me away.

I walked calmly over to the two men sat at the table and made up an excuse of needing to get away from the smoke-filled end of the bar. I sat down and pretended to listen to the band; allowing one of the two men to speak first.

“Hei, hyvä tavata; olen Jussi ja tämä on Pasi” (Hi, good to meet you, I’m Jussi and this is Pasi) The blonde man, Jussi, said kindly.

“Hei, olen Jyrki. Mitä kuuluu?” (Hi, I’m Jyrki. How are you?) I continued the conversation; they seemed nice enough.

“Olen kunnossa, vain drinkin.” (I’m fine, just having a drink) Jussi answered. Pasi hadn’t spoken much; I think he was engrossed in the music as he was intently watching the guitarist and moving his fingers into cord positions on the table.

The night continued, Jussi, Pasi and I talked about lots of things and all three of us got very drunk. We decided to meet up at the same bar the next night to do some more drinking; and we did.
I decided the blonde chick was coming home with me. I didn’t sleep at all that night.

The next night I walked in the door to find Jussi already propping up the bar and Pasi in the corner with a very sexy brunette girl.

This went on for a few weeks, and eventually we were good friends and already discussing rock bands that we loved and hated and that we would love to be. Pasi loved Sisters Of Mercy and was an avid heavy metal guitarist. Jussi loved The Doors and The Mission; he was also really aweosme at drumming! Thank The Gods for my powers!

The guy who had been playing on stage the night I met Jussi and Bazie was called Archzie, and he was dying to leave the band he was in, he wanted pure sleaze rock! I had met him for drinks a few times and we had a good laugh. I casually mentioned to him that I was thinking of starting a band with a few of my friends, and we just happened to be in search of a bassist. Of sourse he snapped it up in no time, and soon enough we were all at my house practicing some covers of songs that we liked.

It soon became apparent that we needed a rythm gutarist to keep the tune when Bazie flies off into one of his solos. I began my search once more.

I was in a seedy little rock club when I met Timo-Timo. He was sat at the bar smoking, when I came upto him and asked if he had a light. It was a cheap trick, but needs-must. We spoke for a while; and soon ended up in another bar; drinking and flirting with the bar women.

He agreed to meet the guys the next night, and so we all met for the first time. I knew the moment we all sat together at the bar table that we would be an amazing band and that we would last a long time!

The rest is history!

Oh, and for all you who don’t know who I really am......They used to know me by Elvis!