We Loved Each Other

5

Jarred's POV

After a quick shower and a fast change of clothes, not into anything I am going to waste my head space telling you about, I made my way as slowly as I could to the cafeteria. Better late then never huh? I glanced at my watch I was about fifteen minutes late. That sounded like a good time to bounce happily into the room.

“Ahh Mr. Kline... I am so glad you have decided to grace us with your presence.” Mr. James said with a sneer.

“Hey I could have sent Kody or someone in my place. I'm sure with a little time and effort I could make one of them boys pass as me.”
Athena snorted, “Ha! None of there ego's are as big as yours. That alone gives you away.”

“At least that's it, and not, oh the blindness peoples get from that bad hair dyeing job. You can so tell its badly done.”

“This is my natural color.”

Crap. Okay so the score is Athena: One, Jarred: Zip.

“Oh well then you look breath taking.”

She kicked my shine right good. Wow... I am starting to sound like a cowboy or something. Man I need a life...

So once the pain in my subsided we got to work with James man standing over us before strutting off somewhere.

“This really sucks. I blame you.” Athena muttered as she tried to scrub the dishes.

“Yeah well life's evil. Suck it up, wash the dishes, and get over it.” I muttered.

She continued to make annoying angry sounds while she tried to manage the dishes. I finished mixing the mopping supplies and pushed the bucket away. I moved to sink side and easily managed to get the dishes under control.

“You have to stack them up by size first, then you just put the stack in the water.” I said sinking my hands into the water, “I'll tackle the dishes, if you can handle the really hard job of mopping the floor.”

She gave me a weird look, “I think I can manage. I am one of the few people at this school that can use a mop.” She said with a sneer.

I blushed, “Look, I'm sorry about that. I was just really mad. I didn't mean that you were stupid.”

She rolled her eyes and yanked the mop out of the bucket, “You really think I care that much about what you think of me?”

“You brought it up again which must mean that in some way you do think that.”

And the score was one to one. This night wasn't looking to shabby.

“Because I like making you think that you are earning points. I know how you work, your keeping track of the insults.”

“Your right I am.... it's two to one. Your lead...” I muttered glaring at the dish water.

She smirked and stuck her tongue out at me, before wondering to the far end of the kitchen. I wasn't going to point out that starting as close to the door as she was was stupid. But I will mentally laugh about it and give myself another point.

After a few minutes she came back over to me, dragging a stack of chairs, “I really wish the stupid cooks would do their job all the way. I have to pull all the chairs and tables into the storage room.... where they belong.” She snapped glaring at the chairs she was dragging.

“You mean you aren't starting at that end?”

“No. I am getting all the stuff off the floor. I didn't even bring the mop and the bucket over there with me.”

I pouted, “Score is still two to one then.”

She shook her head and laughed, “Did you really think I would start at the main door? That's stupid.”

I sighed, “This is going to be a long night isn't it?”
♠ ♠ ♠
-grovels- I am a horrible writer... uploader person I know... but I have huge issues with my internet. Plus being my senior year in high school, and some crappy friends drama I am having some issues... so I can't upload my two first stories cause they are on my home computer and not my school one...