Status: hai

So Keep Your Hands on Your Chest and Sing With Me, That We Don't Wanna Believe

I'm falling more in love with every word you say

The bright sun shone through my window, causing me to sigh and roll over. I used a spare pillow to drown out the noise coming from downstairs. Stef and Riannon were yelling about something.. again. They were always yelling. Usually I wouldn’t care, but checking the time and seeing it was 8 am on Saturday morning annoyed me. I sighed into my pillow again and fell back asleep within a few minutes. My nap didn’t last long, however, for shortly after that I was woken up by someone.

I felt his face brush against mine, the little bit of stubble tickling my chin. I opened my eyes slowly to see him.. Josh. I jumped up and screamed, tackling him down onto the bed and kissing him passionately.

“What are you doing here?!” I asked, coming up for air.

“I know I told you we wouldn’t be here until next week… but we managed to get an earlier flight!” I couldn’t be happier hearing these words.

“We should probably head down stairs soon”, I said about 4 hours later, leaning my head on his chest.

“No, let’s just stay here forever”, he whispered.

“I’d like that too, but really, we should go. I don’t want to flaunt our relationship. The girls are still getting over what happened last time you all came around. Plus, I don’t like the idea of Stef being around them all right now anyways, there’s a shortage of food in the house and she get’s cranky when she’s hungry”.

“Isn’t that all the time?”

“Yes… but today especially.”

Josh led the way as we walked hand in hand down the stairs to the rest of the group. I greeted the rest of You Me At Six with a hug, all except Dan… who seemed too focused on watching Stef eat breakfast, so I just waved. I had always been least close with him anyways.

Josh went straight to the giant plate of waffles that sat in the middle of the table for everyone, and started stuffing his face full of food. I shook my head and laughed, getting a napkin for him as syrup dripped all down the side of his face.

"I see you two were obviously comparing your stamp collection" said Trixie.

“Excuse me, but we’ve got some self control, unlike…” I almost said unlike Max and Riannon but paused when they both looked at me. It had been the first time we were all together since they left… I had almost forgotten it would be inappropriate to make a sex joke about the two of them…

Josh responded with something none of us could understand, but got a laugh because of it anyways. Probably to break the tension.

"That's your man Grace, right there" Riannon pointed to Josh who had food spraying from his mouth.

“I regret nothing”, I stated. Josh smiled back at me, his cheeks puffy with food, he looked like a chipmunk. Then continued shoving his face full with waffles.

After breakfast, everyone was gathered around the lounge room. Josh and I were the only to who sat comfortably on the couch, our fingers tangled. There was just a sense of awkwardness… that I had no idea how to break.

Finally, Riannon mentioned something about ‘going shopping’ and soon Riannon, Max, Trixie and Matt all left with her.

Then all who remained were Josh and I, Dan, Stef and Chris. Not the best group.

“I’d rather be here than with them though”, said Josh quietly, reading my mind as we watched Matt and Trixie fight over the passengers seat outside.

“Soooo what you guys wanna do?” asked an obviously uncomfortable Chris, who was sat in between Stef and Dan.

“Well, it’s 11:30. Why don’t we get some lunch? Let’s pick a restaurant and we’ll meet the others when they’re done... with whatever they’re doing”.

“Yes! Food!” exclaimed Stef, and Dan laughed. But she just shot him a dirty look, and he looked away quickly.

“Uh, yeah, let’s get out of here”, Josh said quickly pulling Stef away from Dan as we all piled into the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
ya http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsla9pz6jv1qzdtaco1_500.jpg