Status: Rated PG-13 for Violence, Innuendo and Blasphemous Plot

The Wayward Son

His First Day

During the first sunrise after the flood, a light broke out amongst the darkness. Brighter than any ever seen before, the Maker knew this light would have a great destiny and would make choices no other could bear. Taking this light in his hands, the Maker named it Remiel and called him son.

On his first day, Remiel was alone. The child of light woke with a start, taking his first breath in deep. Sitting up, he opened his eyes and blinked. The sunlight had blinded him for a moment, but when all cleared, he saw the sights. He sat on a small island surrounded by an endless expanse of water. Nothing and no one in sight.

Remiel knew not his own name. He not who he was. He knew nothing about how he eve came to be. So he waited. Sitting in the sand, the child stared out across the stretch of ocean. It was sight he could get used to. Just silent waves crashing softly against each other and on the beach at his feet.

Deciding to stretch, the child rose to his feet and walked to the edge of the water. The sun refracted off the water and let the child get look at himself. Short blonde hair. Bright blue eyes. Young face and a tiny child from. He was a child in more than just nature. He had no opinion on himself. He was unable to compare his appearance to anyone else. He just knew that’s how he looked. That’s all he knew so far and all he wanted was his name. He wanted to know who he was.

“Remiel,” someone said from behind him. Turning quickly, the child saw a man standing on the other side of the small beach. A tall man with long silver hair and matching eyes. The man looked at the child and then tossed a hunk of cloth at him. “You’re name is Remiel and those are pants. Put them on,” the man spoke again.

Remiel nodded and slipped on the cloth pants and tied them with a piece of rope he found amongst them. Looking back to the man, he waited. Them man smirked and said, “I see. You haven’t discovered your voice yet. Go ahead. Try. Say your name.”

Remiel furled his lips and clicked his tongue. Twisting his tongue a few more times, he spoke, “Remiel.”

“Good,” the man said with a smile, “I am called Michael. I am a friend. I am here to answer your questions and teach you as much as I am able.”

Remiel twisted his tongue a few more times, still trying to get the hang of talking, but eventually managed out, “Who am I?”

Michael stepped close to Remiel, but stopped when the child backed up. He was still wary of his new friend. “I’m sorry, but I cannot tell you who you are. I can only tell you what you are,” Michael spoke.

“What I am?” Remiel asked. Remiel knew only words that Michael had been saying and spent most of his thoughts trying to figure out how to put them together.

“You are an angel. A solider of the Maker. Guardian of humans,” Michael explained, but much wasn’t getting through to Remiel. Michael and stretched a hand out, saying, “Sit. Let me explain.”

Remiel obeyed and sat crossed legged in the sand, Michael across from him, who then started tell him everything.

*******

The sun was beginning to set when Michael finished his story. By the end, Remiel had learned of who the Maker was and how he had currently purged the world of a great evil, leaving only six humans alive for the moment and two of each animal. Soon though, the world would start anew and the Maker would create more humans at each end of the new globe. His job was to protect these humans and keep them from the darkness as well as he could.

“Do you understand, child?” Michael asked Remiel, seeing the first emotional expression he had used. Confusion.

“I know what I am supposed to do, but how?” Remiel questioned.

“I said I am here to teach you. So stand. Let me teach you.”

Remiel’s confused expression remained, but he stood regardless. Looking at Michael, Remiel waited and then quickly found himself on the ground. He had missed what happened, but when he looked up, Remiel saw Michael standing there with his leg extended to where he once stood.

“Rise. That was lesson one,” Michael said with a smirk as he set his foot down.

Remiel rose and steadied himself. Waiting, Remiel saw Michael shift his weight and instinctively rolled left, Michael leg passing over him as he moved. Michael didn’t stop. Setting his foot down, Michael kicked off towards Remiel and launched his knee towards him. Remiel ducked down further and let Michael pass over him. Hastily, Remiel stood up behind Michael and grabbed his shirt. Twisting his body, Remiel threw Michael across the island.

Michael tumbled in the sand, but flipped back to his feet fast. “Good. You learn fast,” Michael commented.

Remiel looked at his hand as he stood and asked, “How did I do that?”

“It is an angel’s nature to protect and to protect, one must fight,” Michael explained and spread his arms out, “Now, again.”

Remiel kicked off the sand and kicked at Michael, who ducked under the strike. Bringing his leg down, Remiel’s knee dropped down on the ground where Michael should’ve been. Michael was faster than he appeared. Flipping backwards, Remiel brought his feet up to Michael’s chin as he back away, missing again.

“Very good,” Michael said, watching Remiel land. “Now, what were you thinking about during your attacks?”

Thinking about it for awhile, Remiel answered, “Where you were and what I was going to do next.”

“Good, but this time, think of where I am going to go and two moves ahead.”

“What do you mean?” Remiel asked.

“Trust me.”

Remiel nodded and looked around, catching a sight of the sun setting. His mind faltered. He watched as the light faded and the warmth diminished.

“Remiel?” Michael asked, seeing that his student was distracted.

“What?” Remiel snapped out of it as the last of the light disappeared.

Michael smiled and walked up to the distracted angel. “A child of light indeed. Are you alright?” Michael asked.

“I’m not sure. I feel strange.”

“I can only imagine. You were created from the light, which is not something many angels can say. Light was created after angels. I am curious how you will fair without it there,” Michael explained. When done, he walked back away from Remiel and saw him still staring out to where the sun set, “Come, child.”

Remiel broke away from the horizon and turned back to Michael. Remiel didn’t move. His body felt weak. When Michael struck, Remiel let his instincts push him to the left, narrowly avoiding the angel’s punch. Still distracted, Remiel ducked under Michael’s elbow and put a fist into his chest.

Michael backed up and stared at Remiel with bewilderment. Remiel wasn’t even paying attention, but for some reason, he was faster than before. And stronger. Attacking again, Remiel blindly blocked the punches and kicks. Remiel stepped forward and put his fist out towards Michael, who backed again.

“Stop,” Michael said abruptly. Remiel didn’t move, his arm still stretched out. “What is that?” Michael asked, pointing at Remiel’s hand.

Remiel stepped back when he saw it, like he could get away from his own hand. A black smoke was swirling around his fingertips. Mist made of shadow. Remiel fell, still trying to get away from his hand. Michael reached out to him and pulled him up, not bothered by the smoke.

“It’s okay,” Michael reassured Remiel. “That is your power.”

“My what?”

Michael smiled, “A child of light controls the darkness.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just a back story segment for Remy that comes from the book Taylor has. I will do one of these every few chapters to continue explaining Remiel and why he is how he is. Hope you enjoyed. Next chapter soon.