Memories

Way back when

"Here you go Toris," Anna said handing the trembling Lithuanian a cup of hot chocolate.
"Thank you," he said as she sat next to him wrapping bandages around hi wounds.
"Russia really did a number on you. Didn't he?"
"I don't want to think about it, " he groaned.
"I'm sorry," she said frowning. Noticing the change in her expression, he tried to change the subject.
"Hey Anna," he said cheerfully, "Remember when you, Feliks, and I would play outside al day long?" Anna's eyes lit up as she remembered.
"Yes!" she exclaimed. "Remember when big brother Poland made us play dress up and he put on women's clothes?" Toirs bursted out laughing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The two friends spent the rest of the night laughing and reminiscing on the days before Toris was taken by Russia. "Hey Toris, I know this was a long time ago , but do you remember when," Anna said as her cheeks turned red, "remember when I tried to kiss you?"
"What,” he asked, his face turning just as red as hers. She sighed.
"I knew you wouldn't remember. Never mind the-"
"No!" Tori interrupted her, "I remember that. I ended up running away because Feliks told me if a girl kisses you, you get cooties." Anna began to giggle.
"Feliks must have wanted you all to himself to say that." Toris smiled.
"Feliks can say anything he wants, but my heart belongs to you Anna."
"What?" she said blushing. Realizing what he just said, Toris began fumbling.
"Ah...I mean." He sighed. "Well I guess there's no avoiding it. I love you."
"I love you too,” she whispered. Soon, Toris found himself leaning towards Anna and have her a kiss to remember. When he pulled back, Anna had tears in her eyes. "Why would you do that when you'll have to leave me soon?"
"To have something sweet to remember when I get back," he answered, "until then, let's let this moment last." Anna smiled and moved closer to Toris, allowing his arm to wrap around her until they fell asleep.