Status: :)

All That Glitters

now.

"Tell me," his voice spoke low and soft, she felt a rush of emotion kicking in. It was refreshing from the numbness that had taken over her life. Every night had become a drunken blur and she wasn't sure why, but it made her feel better. In a city notorious for sucking people in and spitting them back out, she did her best to keep her feet on the ground, but obviously her efforts were futile.

"No," was all she could get out from her full, drained lips. He looked at her and studied her, wondering what happened to the girl he used to know, because now she was a stranger. She turned her shoulders away from him and took another drag of her cigarette, maintaining and effortless cool, but he saw past it.

"Why are you being so difficult?" He asked, his green eyes tearing into her for answers. He missed the days they sat on his floor, talking about anything and everything and the laughter that echoed throughout his empty apartment. Now, the stale silence could only be rivaled by the cold wind, harshly turning their cheeks a bright pink. It would've been easier to go inside and wait for her and far more comfortable, but he would press on in the harrowing cold all night if he had to, for her.

"Why are you pushing this?" She snapped, her own blue eyes filling with tears as she finally turned to face him. She couldn't tell if it was the harsh, frigid wind or that he was finally close to discovering her hidden secret.

"Because I love you, Bray, you know that," He whispered, letting his own insecurity show in a 'I'll show you mine, if you show me yours' mentality. Those words cut her to the very core and her face relaxed from its angered state. Maybe she was close to finally telling him what was wrong, maybe she would come back to him.

"Love doesn't exist, you should know this John," She spoke as if she was whispering 'I love you back', but her words were the opposite taking him off guard. This wasn't the Braylon Violet Huntington he had spent countless hours with in their youth, spitting watermelon seeds out in his lawn, this wasn't the same girl he'd nervously asked to Winter Formal scared that he would get shot down, and it certainly wasn't the girl who turned bright red and nodded yes while barely able to contain a smile.

All he wanted was to go back, all he wanted was her back- the real her.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooooo this is a darker story, but idk if i should even start one
let me know if anyone would actually read this?