Status: :)

All That Glitters

one day.

Braylen stared at the clock, and picked up her speed, running through the halls. She finally reached the locker room just as the clock turned to three and she let out a sigh or relieve. She gathered her performing uniform, which usually consisted of a short orange dress with a bust decorated with white fringe, nude tights, white boots and of course stage makeup. She was excited about this pep rally because they were all wearing baggy sweat pants and tank tops, because it was a hip hop routine. She helped curl Isabelle’s hair and then they both started warming up, hearing the roar of students piling into the gym for the mandatory pep-rally.

She turned and looked at Caitlin in her cheerleading uniform, even though the cheerleaders and Sundancers constantly tried to out do each other during pep rallies, Braylen let out a small wave to Caitlin.

“We’re so gonna kick their ass today,” Braylen chuckled as the cheerleaders went out and start shouting some cheer. Since the varsity cheerleaders were the only ones who could do any tumbling and pep rallies consisted of Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity squads, it almost wasn’t fair.

“Seriously, plus look we can wear sweatpants! Best routine ever!” Isabelle smiled. All of them lined up and entered the pep rally, sitting on the bleachers behind the athletes. Braylen remained unimpressed by the cheerleaders and they kicked their legs out in the air, calling out their mascots and the freshman cheerleaders moved off beat. After they finished their cheer there was a modest amount of applauding, Braylen led half the girls to one side of the gym as the lights were dimmed and she waved to Isabelle leading the other ones. They began their first routine to Warrior by Nelly and the lights slowly turned on. Braylen just danced every step on time, flipping over Isabelle in sync with other girls doing the same. After they finished, they all held their position and the gym erupted.

Braylen smiled and as one of the captains she received a microphone with Isabelle and another girl Kelly, to raise pep. “So we have a basketball game tomorrow night against the Padres,” Braylen announced and on cue everyone booed their rival high school.

“And you should all be there, because then you can watch our boys kick their asses up and down the court!” Kelly called out in a peppy voice and cheers started. McIver began enraged at the fact she had said 'ass' over the microphone and practically sprinted to take it away from them. The three girls ended up laughing and running back to their spots slapping high-fives of the rows of athletes as they passed them. Braylen heard a couple of guys cheering for her, but just smiled, unable to look.

She sat in her original spot until she heard Sterling calling her name and waving her over. She crouched down and asked a Freshman to switch seats with her, which she had to do as seniority rules. “Did you guys like it?” She whispered with a giant smile plastered on her face as the cheerleaders came out, but only the varsity team this time.

“Damn you guys are like rap music video hot!” Sterling laughed giving her an awkward side hug, due to their different height levels. They both ignored the cheerleaders as they started a pyramid, Caitlin being on the top. Braylen clapped and smiled at Caitlin, but then immediately went back to her conversation.

“Thanks, dude if I could just dance for a living, I would be in heaven,” Braylen grinned, leaned down. Soon, it was over and everyone waited for the general student population to leave, not even bothering to get out.

“So party at mi casa tonight! You there?” Sterling asked, Braylen bit her lip pretending to think about it. “John’s gonna be there,” Sterling sang in a taunting way and Braylen’s face straightened out. “Gah, just kidding Bray, seriously, you take life way too seriously. The boys waited for her to collect her things and they walked the halls towards the parking lot, Caitlin waiting next to Braylen’s car, still in her uniform with her arms crossed firmly with one of the football players, leaning up against it closer to her.

“For the last time Jeremy, I have a boyfriend and he’s much more attractive and well spoken than you. I don’t wanna ‘get together sometime’” Caitlin sighed, clearly irritated as she mocked him, lowering her voice and adding air quotes. Braylen cracked up, James Pickett had been trying to get them to have a threesome with them since eight grade and a bunch of boys had watch some porno.

“Hey Pickett! Back away from my cousin!” Braylen called out, pressing the lock button on her car creating a loud honking noise, startling him. He nodded towards her and went on his way as Caitlin groaned loudly.

“God, what an idiot! What took you guys so long!” Caitlin complained climbing into the car, before they waved goodbye to both boys waiting for Braylen. “Oh, so I was thinking, we should go check out the creepy old lady who went all psychic on your ass before Sterling’s party tonight!” Caitlin changed the subject with a bright smile on her face.

“Wait, you wanna go?” Braylen asked, surprised at how she changed her mind from deciding that the woman was a counterfeit. Caitlin nodded, deciding they should swing by on their way home. Braylen fished through her purse for the card and handed it to Caitlin to program it into her phone for directions.

“Ah, balls, this is all the way in Gilbert,” Caitlin sighed, but Braylen didn’t care. She was much more concerned with meeting this woman again. Braylen was barely listening to Caitlin as her mind was filled with Ethan now, they texted, but they weren’t nearly as close as she wish they were.

“Turn right here! Here, you’re missing it… okay, it’s back there… Braylen! Braylen?” Caitlin called out until Braylen was thrown from her thoughts. Braylen smiled as if she was listening the whole time. “You missed the turn…” Caitlin said, pointing behind them.

“Oh shit! Sorry, dude,” Braylen apologized, making a U-turn and finding the building with a small palm on it. Braylen parked in the empty parking lot and looked at Caitlin who had been staring at her with concerned eyes. “Let’s go in,” Braylen ignored them unbuckling her seat belt and running out of the car, running her fingers through her long locks letting out a sigh.

As soon as they walked into the room, it was as if they had entered another world. There were exotic pieced of art and pictures of the old woman in her youth with bright fiery hair. Braylen’s eyes scanned the walls, she was in awe of this entire shop, seeing candles lining the shelves for different cures of certain ailments of the heart.

“Hello again,” the woman smiled, with a purple shawl draped across her chest over a black maxi dress. Braylen jumped, letting out a short breath, being nearly scared to death. “Didn’t mean to scare you,” The woman laughed out loud. Braylen simply smiled and shook her head as her eyes turned to Caitlin, “and you brought your cousin?”

Caitlin’s draw dropped as she nodded. Unless there was a sign over her head that read “Braylen’s cousin” there was no way she should have known that. “I’m Jolene,” she stuck out a hand for Caitlin, before grabbing Braylen’s hand and pulling her behind a curtain, the room only lighted with candles that smelled lovely. “You have a troubled soul,” She smiled sweetly.

“I’m Braylen,” She said, unaware of what exactly she was supposed to say.

“Nice to meet you Braylen, please sit down with your palms facing up on the table,” Jolene smiled sweetly, but sincerely guiding the way with her hand. Jolene sat down across the small table from her, grabbing her hands softly and immediately winced. “You have a great pain, still in your heart. She’s gone, Audrey is gone…” Jolene said softly and sadly. Braylen’s eyes pricked with tears, her lip quivering as she tried to keep them inside. “You will have your closure soon. Your little brothers need you, don’t cry because for them you must be strong,” Jolene stopped and open her eyes and smiled at Braylen.

Braylen let out a sad sigh and wondered why on Earth she was smiling, but her question was soon answered. “Don’t fret because Audrey is safe in the arms of angels. The universe is a fair one, there are times of sadness and happiness, don’t let the clouds of sadness cover the happy ones, because you have a great love coming to you soon. Perhaps, the one true love we all have in our lives. Justice will come for you child,” Jolene smiled, placing a soft hand on Braylen’s cheek and wiped away a stray tear.

“Thank you…” Braylen finally managed as she stood up and felt a pain in her heart. In her mind it was always logical that Audrianna had passed away, but in her heart, she had always wished differently. She stood up.

“One more thing,” Jolene stopped her, grabbing her hand, “You will turn away from everything, give up one this life. Don’t let your new one erase you.” Her grey eyes growing serious and harsh. Braylen raised her eyebrows in confusion, but nodded. She walked out with Braylen to see Caitlin looking at a candle for True Love. Jolene grabbed Caitlin’s hands and smiled. “He’s the one, I see marriage and babies and a happy future,” Jolene smiled with her eyes closed shut. “Don’t blame him for holding you back or taking you for granted, because that was never his intention,” Jolene advised, looking Caitlin in her eyes, “You’re first born will be a son with bright red son.”

Caitlin’s eyes grew big and she darted her eyes to Braylen who had a smirk on her lips. “Wait, you mean Jared?!”

“Yes, don’t panic, he’ll mature,” Jolene chuckled before grabbing two candles and handing one to each girl. “Don’t mix these up, their each for you,” She smiled curtly, shooing away their attempts to pay her. When both girls exited the store the sun was declining in the sky.

“What. The. Fuck…” Caitlin looked at her bright red candle. “Jared?!”

“Dude, she said I was going to fall in love and it would be with the one,"
 Braylen said with a dramatic tone, choosing to keep the knowledge about Audrianna and Ethan to herself. The information Jolene gave her frightened her more than anything.

“Dude, I am not marrying my high school sweetheart, I’m sorry, but I’m going to USC and I’m going to major in business and I’m going to be a business tycoon,” Caitlin chuckled, as they both started driving back home to get ready for Sterling’s party.

“Seriously, who would I fall in love with? All of the guys I know are huge jackasses,” Braylen laughed and Caitlin gave her a knowing smirk. Braylen simply shot her down, “don’t say John, we’re just friends.”

“Well, first it you hated him and now you’re friends, who can say if that can’t change again,” Caitlin winked. “Besides, if the universe wants you together, you’ll be together!” Caitlin exclaimed widening her arms and looking up through the window at the pink and purple sky.

“God, shut up,” Braylen laughed so hard she was barely able to form words, she felt another pang in her heart thinking of her little sister that could be anywhere in this life or the next one.

Image


Braylen looked at her skin tight denim shorts paired with a white semi-sheer blouse with a red bandeau underneath it. She had debated taking off her cardigan, which was now unnecessary because Sterling’s house was overflowing with people resulting in body heat. She walked through the house, unsure of who people were as they waved to her, but she kindly waved back, making sure not to spill her red cup filled with rum and coke. After exiting the dance floor she was on Sterling’s balcony, and could finally breathe. She was uneasy on her feet due to the fact this was her third large cup.

“Hey there stranger!” Someone called out, she whipped around letting her cardigan fall off her shoulder and she gulped half her drink, wincing at how it was really more rum and less coke. She smiled to see John, Jared and Caitlin walking outside with a bottle of tequila proudly being waved in John’s hand. Braylen chugged the rest of her drink before hugging Caitlin.

“Jesus, someone’s drunk,” John laughed with pink cheeks and his breath reeking of alcohol. He let out a giggle which made Braylen point her finger and start laughing loudly.

“We came here to recruit you for shots,” Caitlin smiled, grabbing the bottle of patron from John.

“Well then you know, I’m always in,” Braylen laughed, walking hand in hand with Caitlin, as they weaved their way to Sterling’s kitchen. After a couple of shots, there were ten people gathered around with shot glasses, clearly much more inebriated because of it. Braylen sat up on counter between John and Sterling and a game from truth or dare had ensued. “Dare!” Braylen laughed out loud putting her finger in her glass and sucking it hoping for more alcohol until a boy brought her jungle juice.

“I dare you to…” Blake, Isabelle’s boyfriend struggled to come up with something because he was completely wasted. “Put your leg behind your head!” He finished earning high-fives from another boy, Micah, who’d had his eye on hooking up with Braylen since freshman year.

“Which one?” Braylen slurred, as she fell slightly over resting her elbow on John’s shoulder, taking another sip of jungle juice. Blake looked at Isabelle who just shrugged so he did the same. “Right!” Braylen laughed, lifting her right leg up and using her hand to move it behind her neck, “Done!” Knowing it was her turn, she scanned the crowd and landed on a new kid, Tim, “Tim! Truth or dare?” After he responded dare, “I dare you take off your shirt and leave it off for the remainder of the night,” She smiled looking leaning back on the cabinet for support. Somehow she had lost her cardigan, but didn’t really mind. He smiled cockily as he obliged and suddenly got the attention of every girl in the room.

Braylen lost track of turns as her cup emptied and she drunkenly decided to pour herself another drink, not even caring what was was in it. Her attention was brought back into the game as the word “dare” left John’s left and he chuckled. She saw Caitlin with a mischievous smile on her lips.

“I dare you to play Seven Minutes in Heaven with Braylen,” Caitlin slurred, pointing her index finger at Braylen before giggling. John had a crooked smile as he picked up Braylen from the counter, his hands firmly holding onto her ass. Braylen giggled as she lifted her middle finger into the air and not caring who saw, she pressed her lips to John’s as he was walking. He kissed her back with force, not even making it to the closet as they were in an empty hallway, deepening the kiss. Braylen slipped her tongue into John’s mouth and shivered as he pressed her up against a wall, holding onto her tightly. He kept walking until they were in a guest bedroom and dropped her on the bed.

He was taken back at the look in her eye, like her stare was undressing him. Both of them with devious smiles on their faces, he erased the thought that she was too drunk. She lifted her white blouse over her head and waited for their lips to meet again, her stomach twisting in knots. His hands lightly slid up her sides and as he started kissing her neck she let out a soft moan.

She reached down to pull off his white v-neck and rolled over to be on top of him, catching her breath as he continued kissing her body and more and more clothes fell off. She watched the room spin as they moved together in sync, but not thinking of anything but him and their moment right now.

After they had finished, she stared at his face lying on the pillow next to him, he whispered in her ear, “I’ve dreamed of this for a long time.” She smiled burying herself into his neck, breathing him in and as her blue eyes looked up at him she felt a blush creep across her cheeks.

"I'd share gummy bears with you anytime," She whispered sleepily before letting the alcohol take over her body and soon she was passed out, her lanky arm still draped over his neck and his arm tightly wrapped around her. He let out a soft laugh, and fell asleep after kissing her forehead softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
braylen.
ehehehe progress.
thank you to somebody_who_cares for commenting :)
i decided to make up for lost time and update my ass off :)
please leave comments, subscribe, or both!
sooooooo thanks for reading :3