I've Got Purpose Once Again

Chasing My Lover

I grew up with Maxwell Scott Green. I knew everything about him..EVERYTHING. How he reacted when he didn't get what he wanted, how he tried to kill himself in the tenth grade after some bitch dumped him for his ex best friend, how, even though he refuses to admit it, he still sleeps with a teddy bear at night because honestly, he's afraid of abandonment.

I knew all his secrets, everything that made him upset, everything that made him "happy"...or...in a Max Green type of happy, how his parents basically left him with his grandfather.

What I didn't understand was why he left me to go on tour. I was supposed to go with them..but Max didn't want me too.

"Why the hell not?!" I shouted into the phone.

"Em, calm down..you're making a big deal out of nothing." Max said, sighing on the other end of the line.

"A big deal?! Max! You said I could go with you!" I said, trying not to cry.

"Well...Craig changed his mind..." Max muttered.

"Craig? Why?" I asked.

He sighed again. "We'll be back soon.." he said, completely avoiding my question.

I hung up then, I couldn't bare to talk to him anymore. I tossed my phone across the room as my bedroom door opened and my best friend Dani walked in.

She jumped a little when my phone nearly hit her in the face. "Woah, dude, calm down. What's up?"

"Stupid Max." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. She sat down on the bed, popping a piece of gum into her mouth.

"What'd he do now?" she asked.

I sighed. "Remember when I said I was going on tour with them?" I started. She nodded, offering me a piece of gum. I took a piece, opening it and popping it into my mouth.

"Well, anyways, he calls and says Craig has changed his mind and that I can't come."

"What? That's bullshit."

"Right."

"Come on." she said, getting up.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"You're going on tour with them and so am I." she said.

"You and Monte in the same bus though? Do you think that's a good idea?" I asked.

She looked at me. "Monte and I are okay now...we can talk without fighting." she said.

I cocked my head. "You guys dated for three years...then you break up and now you're okay?"

"Yeah, pretty much." she said.

I knew she wasn't okay though..I knew that her seeing Monte was going to be horrible..but..she wanted too..for me...I needed to see Max. There was something that I hadn't told anyone, even Dani...but she knew.

I was in love with Max. I had been for four years. I just never got up the courage to ask him..I just couldn't deal with the reject and plus, Max just fucks groupies and uses girls for sex..would he ever do that to me? I hope not.

But then again, it's Max. I wanted to tell him though. I needed too..before some other girl got him.

"Emily, come on." Dani said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I have to pack."

"I already did it for you while you were in la la land." she said, tossing me my suitcase.

I caught it and followed her downstairs and out to her car.

"How do you know they're still in town?" I asked, putting my suitcase in her trunk. We both got into the car.

She started it up, "I don't but I'm sure I can find them."

I smiled. "You're the best."

She returned it as she pulled away from my house. "I know. Now, let's go get you that boy that you deserve."

So, she did know. Sneaky little devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Max Green love story for emilybtf :D