I've Got Purpose Once Again

Craig's a Jealous Asshole

"Hey Craig." Dani said as Craig came out of the bathroom. He stared at the both of us and then looked at Max. "I thought I told you that I didn't want them here."

We rolled our eyes. "I came to see Max, I don't give a shit about the rest of you fuckers." I said.

"Bitch." Craig said.

"Manwhore." I retorted.

Max just chuckled. Craig shot him a glare. "What? She has a point." he said.

"I am not a whore. The whore is standing right here." Craig said, pointing to Dani.

Dani gasped. "I beg your pardon!"

"We all know you cheated on Monte." Craig snapped.

"I did not!" she said.

"Yeah, you did." Monte said.

"Fuck you." Dani said.

"Guys, calm down." Robert said, walking out of the bunk area.

Craig mumbled something under his breath and then walked into the kitchen, Monte followed. Dani sighed and turned around. "Dani, where are you going?" I asked.

"I can't deal with these idiots right now." she said.

"See what you did!" I shouted at Craig.

"Whatever." Craig said.

I started to follow her but Max grabbed my hand. "Stay. Robert will go talk to her." he said, looking at Robert. Robert nodded. "Sure, yeah." he said and walked off.

Max led me back to the room behind the bunk area. We sat down on the leather couch, Max's arm around me, my head on his shoulder.

He rubbed my back. "See why I didn't want you to come?" he asked.

"I wanted to see you though." I said.

"I know, Em...I want to see you too...honestly, I'd rather spend these next four months at home with you...watching horror movies and eating pizza and playing Left 4 Dead." he said.

I smiled and then it faded. "But you can't."

"Not until I get back." he said, kissing the side of my head.

"Why does Craig hate me so much?" I asked.

"He doesn't hate you...he hates Dani."

"Dani didn't do anything though...she never cheated on Monte..you know that." I said.

"I know she didn't but Monte believes that she did because of what Craig said. I tried to tell him that Craig was lying but Monte said Craig would never lie."

I scoffed. "Well, he did."

"I know he did. Monte still loves her." he said.

I looked at him. "What? Really?"

"Yeah..he admitted it to me the other night..he won't admit it around Craig." Max said.

"Because all of this is Craig's fault." I said.

"Pretty much."

Monte stuck his head in then. "You guys want anything to eat?"

He was definitley in a much nicer mood then he was earlier. "Monte, come here." I said.

He walked in, closing the door behind him. "What's up?"

I looked at Max. "Max said you're still in love with Dani."

"What? No!"

"Monte...it's okay...I won't tell Craig." I said.

Monte sighed. "Alright...yeah...I still love her.."

"Then you should tell her." I said.

"I can't."

"You can, you just don't want too." Max said.

"Craig will get mad."

"Fuck what Craig thinks or says, dude!" Max said.

Monte looked at him. "You know he doesn't like her."

"Monte, she never cheated on you. I was with her when everything went down. Max was there too." I said.

"You were?"

"Yes. We both were."

"What happened then?" he asked.

"Some guy came up and started hitting on her..Dani pushed him away and told him she wasn't interested. He kept being precistent and Max ended up getting into a fight with him." I said.

"Really?"

"Yes." we both said.

"So why did Craig tell me she cheated on me?"

"Because Craig is a jealous asshole and can't stand other people being happy." I said.

Monte sighed. "I'm an idiot."

"Just...go talk to her." I said.

"Alright.." he said and got up, walking out of the room.

"I really hope that works." I said.

"It should...I'm telling you...the two of them deserve to be together." Max said.

Just like us. I thought to myself. I didn't say that out loud though.

"Can I please go on tour with you?" I asked.

Max looked down at me. "Hmmm...I'll think about it."

"Max!" I said, laughing.

He chuckled. "Okay, you can go with us. Since you guys drove all the way up here." he said.

I smiled and hugged him, kissing his cheek.

I really didn't expect what happened next to have happened. One moment I was kissing his cheek and the next, his lips were on mine.