Status: new:)

The Runaway Bride

Just to Hear Your Voice

I know how many times I said I'm gonna to live with out you…
Vida, give me back my fantasies, the courage that I need to live
The air that I breathe…
I'm sorry I didn't mean to call
but I couldn't fight it
I guess I was weak and couldn't even hide it
And so I surrender just to hear your voice

-Son by four “ A Puro Dolor”

***

“He’s never going to forgive me” Violet cried to Leah.

The girls were in Violet’s house. Violet was crying on her pillow. She couldn’t believe the way Paul had treated her. She was so hurt and so embarrassed that he had kicked her out of the house in front of the people she had once considered her family.

“He’s a fucking douchebag, that’s what he is,” Leah said angrily soothing Violet’s back “You should just forget about him and move on, he doesn’t deserve you”

“This is all my fault!” Violet cried “He was never this way before!”

Leah sighed “Violet, things have changed since you were here. After you left, Paul wasn’t the same”

Forgiving was never easy, but she had hoped that Paul would have just took a look at her and forgive her. They had the most beautiful love story anyone could think of. She thought maybe that would have been enough for him to love her again. But what they had in the past, Paul had seemed to forget.

“Just one more step” Paul said leading Violet forward who had a blindfold over her eyes.

“Finally” she giggled “What’s all this about?”

“You’ll see in a minute,” He said kissing the top of her head. He took off her blindfold and Violet slowly opened her eyes. In front of her was a cabin.

“What is this?” she asked turning to look at Paul.

“Remember, when you said you wanted a Cabin to yourself? A place you could escape and be one with nature?” he chuckled.

Violet nodded still dazed.

“Well there it is” Paul smiled.

“You’re kidding right?”

“You don’t like it do you?” Paul frowned.

“Are you kidding me Paul? Violet laughed, “I love it!” She ran to him and hugged him “I can’t believe you got me a cabin! How did you get this?” she pulled away from his walking towards the cabin. It had a little garden in front of the house, which Violet just loved.

“I made it myself,” he said proudly lifting his chest “with some professional help” he added making Violet chuckle.

“I love it Paul,” she said turning towards Paul. She walked to him and grabbed his hands with hers looking into his eyes “You shouldn’t have though” she frowned “It must have been a fortune”

Paul smiled pecking her lip “Anything for you”


“I just want the old Paul back” Violet lifted her head from the pillow and wiped her tears. “You know why I left Leah, I had to. I never wanted to leave him behind, but he would have been miserable by my side”

Leah sighed understanding that her friend didn’t want to move on. She had always imagine that what Violet and Paul had would be forever and Violet was not about to give up. Leah was worried about her friend though. Paul had so much anger and hate in him, he had even frighten Leah. If Paul was capable of treating Violet the way he did earlier, then what else was he capable of?

“ Just try to talk it out with him” Leah suggested softly.

“Are you kidding me?” Violet sat up “You saw the saw he treated me. Almost as if he could, he would have killed me! Take me off this planet!” her lips quivered.

“I know he still loves you, Violet. He’s just hurt. Give him time, he just needs time”

“That’s what I’m scared of Leah” Violet whispered “Time”

****

“Where is he?” Emily came in walking hurriedly inside Paul’s house.

“He’s in the room” Quil responded.

The boys were all gathered around inside Paul’s living room worried about their pack brother. None of them dared go inside his room wanting to give him his space, but none of them dared to leave either concerned for him as well.

Emily nodded and walked upstairs towards Paul’s room. She stopped at the door and took a deep breath preparing herself mentally for Paul’s anger. She opened the door slowly.

“Paul?” she asked in a low voice. She opened the door fully and to her surprise Paul was not pacing around the room angrily nor was he tearing it down. He sat calmly on the head of his bed with his ankles and arms crossed and eyes shut. He slowly breathed in and out. “Paul honey are you ok?” Emily asked a little confused.

Paul opened his eyes and turned to look at Emily.

“Hey Em” Paul spoke in a soft voice.

Emily walked towards him and sat at the edge of the bed. “You ok?” she asked.

“I’m fine” he shrugged closing his eyes.

“The boys told me what happened”

“I had a feeling they would” Paul sighed.

“Paul, why did you do that?” Emily asked sadly disappointed in his behavior.

“I told her to stay out of my life and she didn’t listen”

Emily shook her head “You could have really hurt her Paul. What would you have done if you would have lost all control… you could have killed her”

Paul opened his eyes his nostril flaring in anger “Exactly why she needs to stay away from me. If she knows what’s best for her, she’ll stay away. If not—“ Paul tightened his jaw, “she was warned”

Emily’s eyes narrowed sadly “You don’t mean that”

“I do Emily” Paul said getting up from the bed brusquely. “You know how many years of pain she put me through? The agony I felt with her gone? And now she thinks she can just come back here?” Paul said raising his voice; “Well no” he stopped pacing “It would just be better if she was gone, for good.”

Emily could feel tears in her eyes. She hated Paul talking this way it scared her.

“Don’t say that”

“I wish she could just disappear” he closed his eyes tightly “for good” Paul swallowed harshly.

The boys watched as Emily left the house wiping her tears.

“Maybe we should just go” Quil sighed getting up from his spot. Jared and Jacob agreed getting up as well.

“He needs his space” Jared said.

The boys all stood and walked to the door all except Embry.

“You guys go ahead, I’ll catch up” Embry informed them. As soon as they left Embry walked up to Paul’s room. He opened the door and found Paul lying in bed.

“What now?” Paul growled.

“You know the way you acted wasn’t right”

“Just, shut up Embry. I don’t need you to be scolding me”

Embry sighed, “Maybe, you should just apologize”

“Apologize!” that set Paul off. He sat up on the bed “Do you think she apologized to me?”

“How can she?” Embry yelled, “You haven’t let her! Every time she even gets close to you, you treat her like shit Paul! You don’t even let her get in a word!”

“She deserves it! All of it!”

“The way you’re acting—“ Embry stopped his yelling “I’m glad she left you” he said in a lower voice “Look at you, you’re a fucking douchebag”

“Get the fuck out!” Paul roared.

“I tried helping you Paul, I really did” Embry shook his head “But I can’t have you be insulting me anymore. I’m sick of it”

Paul turned away giving Embry his back. Embry sighed he turned around to leave but stopped himself. He took out the piece of napkin he had in his pocket and put it on Paul’s nightstand.

He went to the door and before he left he turned to look at Paul one last time “Get over yourself Paul, the world doesn’t revolve around you. You’re not the only one who’s been hurt” and he shut the door.

*****

He rolled around his bed. He couldn’t sleep. Violet’s terrified image kept popping in his head. Her tear stained face haunted his sleep away. He felt a tightness in his heart tugging at him. They word sorry kept coming to mind. He wanted to say them out loud. Shout it to the winds, so somebody could here how he felt. So somebody could tell him it would all be ok. But he didn’t dare say a word. He felt like a total ogre. He felt like hurting himself for hurting her. But he had to remember; she was the bad one of this story.

He wanted to understand, that he had nothing bad. She deserved it all. He needed to get his payback so that he could be at peace. He needed revenge.

The clocks hands ticked and tocked making that annoying sound that made everyone anxious every time a second would pass.

He looked at the clock 12:04; it was a good thing Sam didn’t make him go patrol. Or maybe bad. He needed to clear his head but he didn’t want anyone listening to his thoughts. They wouldn’t understand. He turned to his side for what seemed the thousandth time. His eyes went to the wall, the door, the closet to the nightstand beside him. His eye caught a sight of a folded up napkin. He didn’t remember leaving that there. He rolled his eyes annoyed; Embry must have left his trash in his room again. One thing about Paul was that he hated things to be untidy. No one really knew this, except the guys, but he was a neat freak. Despite that they knew that they still left their trash hanging around his house.

He tried to ignore the fact that the folded up napkin was just sitting there on his nightstand. He wanted to try to control those urges he had of wanting things to be in place. But it was eating him up. He got up the bed to grab the napkin, but as soon as he went to grab the napkin, he accidently knocked it over opening the napkin completely.

Violet
567-9870

The napkin read.

Paul felt his heart speed up as he picked the napkin up gently with his hand. He sat on his bed staring at the piece of paper that had his stomach going nuts with knots.

”She gave me her number” Embry said pulling a wrinkled up napkin from his pocket”

Embry must have left it here on accident… or purpose? He grabbed his phone, and stared at it for a bit. He didn’t know what the heck he was doing. He dialed 5,
then 6,

7,

9,

8,

7,

and finally 0.

“Hello?” Violet’s sleepy voice answered on the other side.

“Violet?” Paul’s gruff voice answered.

Violet’s breath caught in her throat.

And the hands of that annoying clock stopped ticking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Here's another update! Hope you guys enjoy!

Remember to leave comments if you want another update! I love hearing from everyone of you!

Thanks you for all those who sent a comment they mean so much!!

Enjoy!

Love,

icanread29 :)