Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

"Definitely."

Melanie’s POV

The ride to the amusement was full of excitement. As Belle drove, Logan sat in the front because the rest of us ran to the back.

“Really, guys?” Belle’s look screamed. But I just giggled as Carlos sat next to me. Kendall and Maggie were having an intense conversation about who the best singers were. I looked to the front Belle and Logan were arguing again. I think I heard the word “football.” But with Belle, you could never be sure.

I turned to Carlos. “So Carlos, tell me your absolute favorite thing about yourself. Mine is I love food. I love to eat. Food is my bestfriend!”

“Oh thanks!” Belle said, sticking her tongue out so I could see her in the rearview mirror.

“Oh shush, Belle,” I laughed. I again turned to Carlos, as he started to answer. “That’s not fair! I love food. Food is my GIRLFRIEND. But she doesn’t like it very much when I chew her up.”

“That’s what she said!” Belle screamed. “Wait, I think? I’m not so sure. She could have. WHO IS SHE?!?!?!?!” Logan rolled her eyes.

“You’re an idiot,” he said. “Shut up, you blonde.” Then, they went at it again, arguing very loudly.

I shook my head. “They secretly love each other,” I whispered to Carlos. “They just won’t see it until later. Typically romance novel right there.” Carlos nodded his head.

“Yeah. See, Logan, he thinks that he is always right. He always knows what is the right thing is. Blah, blah. He hates anyone who fights with him,” he commented. “I just do whatever I want, and let him yell at me. I don’t argue back anymore. It got pointless.”

“Hahahaha,” I laughed. “Way to go. You’re so smooth. But yeah. Belle is very argumentative. She says ‘Everything is an argument.’ And she will argue for hours. She likes things her way too.” We talked about random things for a bit until Belle pulled into the parking lot.

“Oh my god finally,” Belle breathed. We all piled out of the car. The boys were very gentlemen-like and paid for our tickets.

“Okay, where to?” Maggie said. “Definitely not the fun house. James and Lexi are on their own.” We all burst out into laughter. “I think I wanna go on the swings!”

“Mags, that’s a little kid ride,” Kendall said, looking at her with a very infatuated look.

“Hmm,” I thought to myself. “He likes her. Let’s set that up to!” I cleared my throat. “Well, I’m hungry already. Carlos, you wanna come with me to get food?” I gave him a look and glanced at Maggie and Kendall.

He understood my telepathic message. “Oh yeah! I’m starved. Why don’t you guys go on the swings? Mel and I here want food.”

Belle picked up on my telepathic connection with Carlos and looked like a deer in headlights because that would mean she was stuck with Logan.

“I am going with you, Mel!” she piped up. I glared at her, but she shrugged it off. “I’m starved.” Logan just nodded and walked in the direction of food.

I looked at Maggie. “Call us when you’re done! Have fun!” I winked at her, as Belle slapped her butt as we walked away. Carlos caught up to Logan, as Belle and I talked.

“I am sorry that I am crashing,” she apologized. “But I can’t. I repeat. I CAN’T be with Logan. He is so irritable and stubborn and won’t listen to what I am saying!” She stomped her foot in anger.

I just laughed. “Sounds like my bestfriend.” To that, she “humph”ed and crossed her arms. She grumbled about how she wasn’t like that. “Plus,” I said. “I didn’t want to be alone with Carlos. I mean he is cool. Cute even. But it is okay.” I blushed a little.

“You totally have the hots for Carlos!” she squealed after realizing my awkwardness was a result of the cute BTR boy. “Oh my god. Go for it. Do it. C’mon. It would be awesome. Every one of us gets a boy. But I don’t want Logan. Hmm, I will be friends with their friends. I wonder if they know Nick Jonas…” She looked off, fantasizing about the JoBro.

I laughed again. “Nah, I don’t ‘date.’ Plus he isn’t interested. He is just my friend, Belle. Stop assuming things. And DO NOT try to set us up. You can’t do that.” I stuck my tongue out. “C’mon let’s go catch up. I am hungry.”

We caught up to the boys as we got to the concessions stands. “What shall we eat?” Carlos said. “My treat!” He pulled out his wallet.

“Thanks, Carlos,” Logan said. “I didn’t want to spend my money.” He smirked, thinking he was funny. Belle rolled her eyes.

Belle spoke up, “Thank you, Carlos. You are a sweetheart. But I think I’ll pay for my own things. You can pay for Mel though. I think she forgot her wallet in the house. She is so forgetful. I’m gonna go get a burger. Be right back, guys.” She skipped away, singing to herself.

“She is a character,” Logan said, walking her walk away. He stood there for a couple seconds until he noticed how third wheel-ish he was. “Er, I’m gonna go…I can spend my money. Er, bye.” He walked away in the direction of Belle.

“That was just the most awkward thing ever,” Carlos stated after Logan disappeared. I burst out in laughter.

“It was,” I said. “Belle and Logan are so funny. I can’t. But Belle was kinda right. I forgot my wallet…” My cheeks got red from embarrassment.

He just shook his head. “I wasn’t just saying I was gonna pay. I will! Pick anything you want. I got it.” He smiled a lopsided grin that I found adorable.

“What am I thinking? Boys and I don’t mix,” I thought. “But I could have a really good guy friend. That works.” I shook my head though. “No can do, bud. Just order something. If I had a choice, I would everything.” His face fell for a second when he heard me say “bud” but it quickly went away.

“Um, can I two jumbo chicken legs?” Carlos asked the lady at the stand. “And a large fries. And two drinks. I want Coke. And this lovely here would like…”

“Ice tea,” I replied, impressed that Carlos got exactly what I was craving for. I smiled as she got our order. “I am thoroughly impressed. That sounds yummy.” He grinned like a madman. We got our food and sat down.

“I wonder what everyone else is doing,” I said before I dug in. The food looked intoxicatingly wonderful.

Carlos shook his head. “I’m sure they are fine. I’m enjoying just sitting here with you and food. Awesome night so far.” I nodded my head ‘yes.’

“Definitely.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige, I had to put something about the other peoples. Don't be mad that you aren't in this one. This is mostly Mel's? And I need one for Maggie's character and mine. WAH. It will all wrap together in maybe like....three chapters. LOL. Love you XD