Unbound The Wild Ride

Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

Somehow, I managed to make it through the first day of hell and still managed to keep my body intact. Just like the year before, Brian was waiting for Kirin, Johnny and I outside the school. The car was silent as everybody dwelt in their own thoughts. Brian cleared his throat finally and looked back at me in the rear view mirror.

"So, how was your day, Riles?"

"It was ok, I guess. Nothing really major happened. I did find out that I have all my classes with the shitface sitting beside you, but thats about it," I said casually.

Johnny turned to look at me, and I began to crack up for no reason at all. There was nothing at all funny, so I really don't know why I couldn't stop laughing. He shook his head and turned back around, muttering something that sounded vaguely like bitch under his breath.

"Alright you two, knock it off. I have a question I need to ask all three of you."

I looked over at Kirin, who shrugged and turned back to the window she had just been staring out of. If I didn't know her as well as I do, I would probably be worrying about her right now because she has been quiet the whole car ride. Most likely daydreaming about Matthew though.

"Zacky brought up the fact that we haven't been to the beach house at all this summer. Now my question to you three is this; how would you like to go spend the weekend at the beach house and just relax there?" he asked.

Me and Kirin exchanged a look, both of us grinning. We hadn't been to the beach house, its true. Not for some time anyway. Come to think of it, I really can't even remember what happened the last time we were there. By this point, we had been sitting in the car in my driveway for at least five minutes now.

"Sure, we're up for it. It's been so long since we were last there, I actually kinda miss the place," I said.

Having said that, I got out of the car and went into the house with Kirin right behind me. We always hung out together after the first day of school so we could talk about the teachers and how much everyone had changed over the summer. It was tradition for us now. Upstairs in my room, we sat and talked about different things for a while, but finally got bored and turned on my stereo. I grinned and pulled her up off the bed as the Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Picture Show began playing. We were dancing around like idiots and having fun, which of course meant that we didn't notice the guys standing in the doorway laughing at us until the music stopped playing.

My grin faded as soon as I saw them all standing there laughing. I picked up my high heeled boot and threw it at them, nearly hitting my brother in the head with it. Then I went to try and push Zacky out of my room, after finally realizing it was him that had turned off the stereo. He laughed at my futile attempts before letting me push him like an inch or two. Of course, this made me cocky and I pushed harder, causing me to fall into him when my feet slid out from under me on the rug.

"Watch out Sam, he might try to rape you," Kirin said.

I looked at her, then at Zacky and wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Nah. I trust Zacky, he wouldn't do that. Now Johnny boy over there. He's the one I'm worried about," I said as I grinned mischievously while he scoffed and walked off.

"Anyway, what brings you all to my domain?"

"Well first of all, mom wanted you to turn the music down, and second of all its dinner time," Brian said.

"Ok, well what are we having for dinner?" I asked.

"You're mom made some spaghetti!" Jimmy said happily. He loved my mothers cooking, especially her spaghetti. It was old family recipe that I was eventually going to have to learn how to make.

Grabbing Kirin's hand, I ran past the guys and down the stairs, where I sat in my usual seat at the center of the table. My mom walked out of the kitchen with the spaghetti and put some on everybody's plates before coming back out with the spaghetti sauce. I smiled and thanked her before digging into it.
________________________________________________________________________
Collapsing onto my bed, I sighed. This year was going to be hell now that I had Johnny in all of my classes. The little gnome always has to mess things up for me. Oh well, at least I'll get to annoy him twice as much as I used to . I looked over at the bag in the corner, already packed for this weekend at the beach house. Things never quite seemed to go according to plan over there, but whatever happened usually ended up for the best.

I smiled to myself as I thought back to the days when we would run around the beach house in the dark playing hide and go seek. Those were the good old days, back when we all were just starting to get to know one another and it was ok to hide things. Now, if I tried to hide something, they would instantly know and pester me until I told them what it was. They knew me like the backs of their hands, yet they couldn't see the obvious things that were right in front of their eyes. Never once have they realized the subtle clues I would occasionally drop or accidentally say.

It had to be obvious to them by now. One of them surely noticed how I acted differently around him, how I always spaced out in the middle of conversations about him. For days, I've had him stuck in my head. That was actually becoming a nuisance of sorts. I needed to take my mind off of him somehow or I was going to lose it. With an aggravated sigh, I got up off the bed and went over to my stereo where I proceeded to put in my Queen of the Damned soundtrack, letting Forsaken blast as loud as it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably twice as long as the first one was, so I hope you enjoy it. Already working on the next chapter of this. Having writers block with the other one at the moment, but I hope to have something else written for it soon.