Unbound The Wild Ride

Barbeque Bonanza

"Did I miss something?" Jimmy asked with a dumbfounded look as we bounded into the kitchen.

"No Jimothy, you didn't. I just wanted a ride downstairs."

I started giggling insanely at how perverted that could be. Shaking my head, I grabbed a box of Frosted Flakes from the cabinet and poured some into a bowl. I walked over to the refrigerator to grab the carton of milk, only to find Jimmy drinking directly out of it.

"Ewwww!!!!! For Christ's sake, would it kill you to use a cup Jimothy?"

He just pulled me into a hug and planted a huge, sloppy kiss on my cheek. I pushed him away and wiped the saliva off my face, rubbing it onto his t-shirt.

"Seriously, thats gross Jimothy. There are other who use that milk you know."

"Of course I know that, Riles."

I sighed and grabbed the carton, poured some milk into my bowl before I stuck it back in Jimmy's hand. I walked off towards the living room, eating my cereal as I walked. My brother looked up from the recliner chair where he had been reading, Yea, reading. I guess I dropped the bowl, because the next thing I knew, my legs were freezing cold and there was a loud crashing noise.

"Fuck. What the hell was that for Riles?" he asked me.

I ignored him and bent over to pick up what was left of my breakfast and the bowl. He came over and helped me pick up the broken peices, asking me the same question.

"Nothing. Just shocked to find my dear older brother reading, that's all," I said before turning and walking into the kitchen to throw away the ceramic peices in my hand.

"So what did you break this time Sam?" Kirin asked from her seat at the table.

"Umm...a bowl, but I blame my brother. He's in there reading a book."

Kirin raised a skeptical eyebrow and peered through the doorway, shaking her head slightly and smiling.

"Weird. That's something you definitely don't see everyday."

__________12 hours later__________

"I'm hungry," Jimmy whined.

"Hmm.....I'm gonna go hit my brother up for something and then I'll be right back Jimothy."

I ran up the stairs two at a time and stopped outside my brothers bedroom door. Right as I was about to knock, the door opened and he looked down at me with a slight smile.

"Hey Riles, whats up?"

"Can we go have a barbeque and bonfire on the beach tonight?"

He eyed me for a minute before nodding his head. I squealed and wrapped my arms around him, grinning like an idiot. Turning around, I ran back down the stairs and began putting things into the cooler. Knowing the boys, I grabbed 3 12 packs of beer and put them into the cooler, along with the frozen meat and the various other things that were going with us down to the beach. With the help of Kirin, I carried it down to the beach and began making a fire pit for the s'mores later that night.

It wasn't long before the others came out and joined the two of us. We all played around in the water for a while, games like Chicken or Marco Polo until someone finally complained about hunger again. I watched as Matt threw some patties and hot dogs on the grill, beer in hand.

After about an hour, the burgers and hot dogs were done cooking and Matt called us out of the water. I grabbed a bag of BBQ chips and put a huge pile of them onto my plate.

"God woman! You aren't hungry are you?"

"Juhsh. Umph sharvink!" I said around a mouthful of food.

"What did you say? Can't understand you when your face is full."

I held up the the finger and swallowed before replying.

"I said, yes I'm starving."

Jimmy shook his head before patting me on my own.

"You're going to end up eating the whole bag, just you watch."

"Nuh uh. I'm not a pig like you are! And the only reason you are still this skinny is because you're ADHD and have a super high metabolism!"

"I love you too, Riles."

I shook my head and sat down on the sand, trying to finish my food. The cold water rolled across my feet and sent chills up and down my spine. As hungry as I was, I wanted to run into the water and and play again.

Five hours later and we're sitting around the bonfire, marshmellowed sticks in hand as we told scary scary stories. Or tried to anyway. Half of us were too drunk to speak, while others were just tipsy. I've alwasy been able to drink a lot, so I was still tipsy after drinking 4 cans of beer. I laughed as Johnny's marshmellow fell off the stick and he burnt his hand reaching for it. Stumbling over to where he was, I grabbed his hand and stuck it into the ice chest.

"Shit! That's fucking cold!"

"It's supposed to be! It's better than being on fire though, isn't it?" I giggled.

Before I actually knew what was happening, I was pulled towards him and his lips locked onto mine. His lips were full and soft, and I felt myself relax. Wait...what the hell? What am I thinking? This is the dude I hate, yet I'm sitting here making out with him! I pushed Johnny away and stumbled backwards across the sand towards the house.

Once inside the warm confines of the house, I plopped down onto the couch, letting the wave of dizziness that had overcome me whilst running pass. My mind was working at the speed of light trying to process what had just happened outside with Johnny.

The scolding hot water felt good compared to the cold winds outside. I rubbed conditioner into my hair and just stood under the water, letting it run down my body. I heard a knock on the door and jumped slightly.

"Riles? Are you okay? It's just me," Brian said from the other side of the door.

I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me.

"Umm....I think-I think I'm fine I dunno. The door's unlocked."

I heard the door close and the air rush out of the toilet seat as he sat down on it. There was a comfortable silence as we bothe sat there quietly. I finally turned off the water and stuck my head out.

"Hey Bri, could you hand me that towel?" I asked.

He must have spaced out, because he looked up at me with a dumbfounded look.

"Oh. Towel. Sure. Here."

"Thanks," I said as I wrapped it around me and then stepped out.

"Look, Riles, um about Johnny..." Brian started.

I shook my head and sighed.

"I really don't wanna talk about it."

"No, I was just going to sayme and the other guys threw him in the water as soon as you took off."

"You WHAT?!"

"Umm...threw him in thw water. Why do you care all of a sudden care? I thought you hated him."

"I do! But that was kinda unnecessary, throwing him in the water I mean."

I walked into my room and over to my duffel bag, digging around until I found my teal wifebeater and black sweatpants.

"Why odn't you go join the others again. I'm just gonna stay here and watch some movies."

"You sure? I can stay with you. Or send one of the other guys up here."

"Brian, quit fucking around. We both know you wanna go and get drunk, so just go."

He nodded and hugged me before walking out of the room. I waited until I heard the door shut downstairs before dropping my towel and getting dressed. I soon walked into the kitchen and began rifling through the cabinets looking for some cheese popcorn. While the corn was popping, I decide to go pick out a movie. I grabbed The Mist from the shelf and stuck it in the DVD player.

A loud beeping noise from the kitchen told me the popcorn was done. I heard the microwave door pop open and I froze slightly. Peering into the kitchen, I saw a figure standing with their back turned to me. I grabbed the Louisville Slugger that we kept hidden behind the TV and quietly snuck into the kitchen. Just as I was about to swing, the person turned around and I swore. There stood Zacky with the popcorn bag in his hand.

"Oh my god! You scared me fucking shitless Zacky!"

"You're easy to scare though."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"SHUT UP! I'M NOT EASY TO SCARE!"

He smirked at me, causing a huge burst of butterflies in my stomach. God, why can't he stop teasing me? It's not helping at all. I shook my head and went back into the living room, plopped down on the couch and took a sip of my soda as I propped my feet up on the coffee table. Zacky came in and sat beside me with the popcorn. I reached over and grabbed a handful, eating it slowly as the movie began.

"Why exactly are you here?"

"Brian wanted someone to come watch y- watch movies with you, and I was getting cold so I volunteered to do it."

Suuure. My brother had sent him to watch me and make sure I didn't do anything stupid. Last time a dude had done that to me, he went home with a black eye, a broken nose, and a really sore groin. So, to put it somply, I was liable to knock Johnny the fuck out the next time I saw him, if I remembered to that is.

Now as much as I love scary movies, sometimes they can be a bit much for me. When that happens, I tend to cling to the closest thing to me, which just so happened to be Zacky. I buried my head into his shoulder, refusing to look at the screen simply becuase of the fact that it was covered in warped spider-like creatures. I hate spiders.

Zacky's POV

I looked down to see Riles burying her head into shoulder. Duh! Why would look at a screen covered in spiders when she hates them? Anybody who knows Riles would know how much she really hates them.

"It's ok, Riles, it's over."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise the spiders are gone."

She looked up and let out a quiet sigh of relief. I watched as she laid her head back on my shoulder and grabbed another handful of the cheese popcorn. She's so cute sometimes. Like when she is laughing or trying to act upset. I would ask her out, but Brian would probably have a shit fit.

As it got closer to the end of the movie, she began to get more and more quiet. I was beginning to get worried and looked down to find her sound asleep on my shoulder. I smiled and grabbed my phone from the table beside the couch.

Dude...I can't move. Your sister passed out on me, literally. What do you want me to do?

It was pretty much dead silent as I sat and waited for Brian to text me back. I jumped when my phone started to vibrate in my lap.

Just let her sleep. I know you'll think of something to do. We'll be in here in a little while.

Stiffling a yawn, I glanced at the clock to see it nearing midnight. I really needed to get some sleep, especially after getting up so early this morning. I grunted quietly and picked Riley up so I could lay down on the couch, then laid her on top of me and wrapped my arms around her. It felt so right lying there like that, so comfortable. Eventually, my eyes began to burn and things began to darken as I slowly passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I know The Mist is a newer movie and wasn't out back then, but I couldn't think of any scary movies that had come out back in 2000. Sorry it took so long to update, but if it isn't obvious, the chapter is pretty long. I'm going to start making all of the chapters longer, so don't be surprised if the distance between updates is longer. Anyway, what do you think? Is it good? Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.