Golden.

Golden.

A golden heart lies deep within your chest, weighing you down with perfection and love and all those things that I will never have, or ever be. Like the sun, you are high in everyone’s minds but now, shaded by a mask of insecurities and darkness that threatens to hurt us all, you are missed and you have gone. The last thing we heard was that the spark which was once bright had burnt out, leaving only ash and debris of your soul, and no one can quite believe, or understand, how a person like you was ever hit by this disease.

Perhaps she told you she loved you? No, it couldn’t have been that because you had been loved by many. The affection other’s held for you was the thing only us insignificant would kill for. Jealous were we of your untouchable nature, the smile that never once faltered like your loyalty, but now you had been broken just like all the other hearts crumbling in the world, and now you were just the same. Empty, confused, but most of all alone.

If you are the sun then she is the thunder, only now she has left you to drown in a monsoon that was never filled with love but filled with deceit and cracked smiles and the only thing that’s washing away is your sanity and our friend. Countless people have tried to pull you out, stretched their arms as far as they can go into your ocean of despair, but you are at the bottom with not so much as a hope of wanting to get out. They say love is the most painful thing you can experience, but as I sit here looking for the person I once knew to emerge from this empty shell, I wonder whether it is really love that can do this to a person, but more the lover.

Now you are left to try and kick yourself out of the tangles at the bottom and fight your way up to breathe. Whenever that is, please know that I am going to be waiting on the sand that is your worn out sofa, hands at the ready to pull you in and never let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first real attempt at a drabble.
All comments welcome. xo