Status: Done... Though I may write a sequel ;)

James Potter and How to Auction off First Years

Chapter One

"Okay everyone, I think we're about ready. Let's get started." James Potter stood at a podium in the quidditch pitch; beside him was a line of first years, in front of him nearly fifty fourth through fifth years sat in the stands. The first year closest to him stepped forward. "Our first piece is a boy by the name of Greggor McDiddles. We'll start the bidding at one Sickle. Do I hear one Sickle? Two Sickles? One Sickle and a Knut?"

The bidding went on for a while and eventually Greggor was sold for one Galleon, six Sickles, and a Knut to a seventh year. Greggor walked to the buyer a bit tenatively. Behind James, Sirius and Peter snickered and Remus half smiled in the stands. Remus had said if James got in trouble, he would say he had no clue who James was. Still, he was there.

"Our next piece is Miss Rebecca Roberts. Four Sickles? Five Sickles? Six Sickels up front, do I hear seven?" Remus raised his hand and James tried not to laugh. Soon, the price had gone up to twenty Galleons and Remus was in a bidding war with a fifth year Hufflepuff. "Sold! To Remus Lupin for twenty-six Galleons. Please come pay and you can take your first year. If you'll kindly give Mister Black the-"

"What do you think you're doing?" Lily Evans had come up behind James. Sirius and Peter looked horrified but James kept a cool head, his hand automatically running through his hair in case it got too neat.

"Auctioning off first years," he said. "Want one?"

"No," she hissed. "You'll stop this instant!"

"But we've only sold two of them. Evans, can't you have a bit of fun-"

"No! Now the first yeares are to leave immeadiately." The line of first years scampered off in different directions and the stands began to empty among many mutters. Above Lily and James the sky grew darker and they were joined by Sirius, Peter, and Remus.

"James," Sirius said with a scowl, "please learn to keep your woman under control. She's costing us money."

"I'm not his woman!" she said.

"I see how it is here. Please, Evans, don't interrupt your man while he's doing business!"

"He's not my man!"

"But I could be, Evans..." he said.

"Hush, you. Sirius Black, I can't believe you lot. First years are not to be sold in an auction!" What are you even selling them for?"

"What people do with their first years is no business of ours," James said.

"Though you could use them for anything, really," Sirius said. "Homework, jinxing, carrying your books..."

"Sexual favours..." James added.

"James!" Lily looked horrified.

"I told you that what people do with their first year is their business. Now, I can offer you a nice first year by the name of Rodric White. I'll give him to you for just one Galleon."

"No!"

"Ten Sickles?"

"James Potter! I will be informing Profesor Dumbledore about this!"

"Tell him I can get him a good deal on a first year. Just two Galleons."

"You- I- just- UGH!" She turned and stomped away.

"Tough luck," James said, shrugging.

"Mate," Remus said, "do you think you'll ever listen to her? Or me for that matter?" James ignored him.

"That Lily Evans is really something, huh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!