Status: Completed! :)

Baby, Why Don't We Just Dance

01. Barney the dinosaur can dance better then you baby, and that's saying a lot.

Image

“Aaliyah!” I glanced be hide me, seeing Tyler walk into the front door of our apartment.

“In here Ty!” I head his hockey bag being dropped beside the coat rack, laying his keys on the table. He waltzed into the living room, I looked up at him, he had on a Nike shirt and a pair of black Boston Bruins shorts, his sneakers replaced with a pair of scandals. I chuckled at him. He smiled breathlessly at me.

“What?”

“We almost match” He looked at my outfit, I had his Bruins team hoodie on that had Seguin 19 on the back, a pair of girl gym shorts, and ankle socks. He chuckled, leaning over to kiss me.

“Ehh, great minds think alike don'tcha think.” He smirked at me, glancing me over. I leaned up and kissed him again. Mine lasting a little longer. I pulled apart, he sat beside me on the couch, putting an around around the back of the couch, I shifted my self so my back was leaning more on his, my head laying on his chest. He lean to his side, grabbing the remote off the side table. He flipped through some channels, before settling on an old sitcom episode we've seen at least hundreds times.

We stared at the T.V. for a good ten minutes. I heard Tyler sign, I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow.

“What?” He held the remote slightly up, turning the T.V off.

“Ya know out of 315 on this T.V. there ain't nothing but bad news, the presidential election, some kid shows, or sitcoms we've seen 100 times on. Baby, I don't know bout you, but the whole world has just gone crazy! You and I both know that were just as sorry as the next person when it comes to someone getting murdered, but do you really wanna hear about it everyday? I know I don't.”

I chuckled slightly, “Whatcha have in mind babe?” He smiled down at me. He got up, facing me holding his hand out to take. I took it and stood up. I looked up at him, he put his hands on my shoulders, pulling me into one of his bone crashing hugs he gives me.

“Is this what you've had in mind Tyler, giving me a hug?” He kissed my forehead

“No stupid! I just wanted to hug my girlfriend, I haven't seen her all day!” I threw my head back a laughed.

“Babe, you saw me four hours ago dumbass.” He rolled his eyes, shoving me slightly in the shoulder

“It was 7:30 in the morning, I bearly saw anything darlin!” I laughed at him, replacing my hands around his neck.

“Well, back to the original question, what did you have in mind?” He smiled.

“Come on, help me out. Get at the other end of the couch and help me move it.” I did as told, moving it around and against the wall. We both walked over to the coffee table, moving that up more. Now being directly underneath the plasma T.V. hanging on the wall. I looked back at him,

“Now, were gonna dance!” He said as he hooked up his Iphone to the IHome.

“Tyler you can't dance. Barney the dinosaur can dance better then you baby, and that's saying a lot.” He playfully rolled his eyes, pressing play on the IHome.

The beginning chords of a Josh Turner song, 'Why Don't We Just Dance' blasted through the speakers.

I beamed, at him, he smirked his famous smirk at me.

“You hate country music Seg's, whats up your sleeve?” He walked over to me grabbing one of my hands, putting his other hand on my waist. I laid my free one on his shoulder.

“Yeah, but you don't Liyh, and well I gotta learn sometime don't I. What better why to learn then by a professional dancer?” I smiled.

“OK, take your left foot, and step forward.” He did as told as I at the same time, stepped back. My smile widen.

“Good, now move to the left.” I followed his 'lead'.

“Great, now with your right foot, move backwards one step. The move to the right.” He did, he looked up.

“You just did the basic waltz.” He beamed at me lifting me up, spinning me around. When he out me down, we did it over and over till the song was over, moving faster each time. When the song ended, he kissed me, lifting me off the ground some. He put me back on the ground, keeping both hands on my hips, my around his shoulders.

The next song rolled around, another Josh Turner one. 'Your Man' now took the place of the previous one. He kissed my forehead, then meeting is forehead with mine. We swayed back and forth with the music, staring at each other.

He pulled apart, going over to the speakers, turning them down slightly. Returning back, he grabbed both of my hands.

“Aaliyah, I love you, you know that right?”

I looked confused, “Of course Tyler, and I love you too. Why, whats up?”

“Babe, two years ago, the moment I saw you with your brother at practice, for the first time in my life I was speechless. Before I met you, I was just a young kid in the NHL, I didn't know what I wanted, I hung around with the wrong group of people at parties, I slept with girls like it was going out of style. When I met you and pulled the 'Tyler Seguin' charm on you, I thought I would have you wrapped around my finger, but you was the first girl to turn me down. Everyday for a month I asked you out, and you said no. Finally I snapped and wanted to know why wouldn't you go out with me, you know what you said?” I smiled looking down;

“The Seguin charm might work on a easy girl, but it doesn't work on one that knows better to believe anything you say, when in reality you'll just break my heart like all the other hockey players. And just leave me to cry my heart like every other one has left me to do.” I said, answering his question. He pulled my head up, looking at me in the eyes,

“I ran after you down the street, catching up with you. The whole way thinking 'What the hell is this chick's problem, she doesn't even know me.' I asked you how can I make you believe that I won't break your heart like you previous boyfriends did. You never answered me, you just simply walked away. You was a challenge I never wanted to give up, from then on out I made a promise to myself to change, not only for you, but for us. My plan backfired, and I became wrapped around your finger instead, I stopped partying hard, drinking all the time, and getting laid every chance I got. Little by little I gain your trust, and you finally gave me a chance to take you out on a date. I planned that date for three days. I wanted everything to be perfect for you. I wanted to show you I changed, and honestly it felt amazing. That night, I told you that I would never hurt you, I would never do anything you make you cry sad tears. I would never treat you how you've been treating in the past. You were still fixing yourself from the past boyfriends, I never wanted you to hurt ever again. I gave you my word that night, and I still kept it from this day on, and for the rest of my life.” He leaned in and kissed me, he stroked my cheek with his thumb. I didn't notice a tear run down my face till we wiped it.

“Baby you made me a better person. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to still have your trust when were 85 years old rocking together on the front porch watching our grandkids.” I looked down, as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out a simple band, with a princess cut diamond. It was simple, just what I wanted.

“Tyler, I d-”

“It's not what you think it is. Atleast not yet,” He smiled at me, “as Josh Turner says; 'You don't know how much it turns me on, just to be your man.' Promise me you'll marry me Aaliyah Grace, I don't care if it's two days from now, or twenty years from now. I don't want noone else. This is ring is a promise ring that I'll always keep my word.” I smiled at him, grabbing the ring, putting it on my finger.

“Your right. I do have you wrapped around me finger.” I said winking at him. Walking away, going upstairs. He smirked at me, chasing me up the stairs. I squealed, almost falling on the stairs. I laughed when he tackled me down in the hallway.

“See, country music, isn't so bad after all.” I said, laughing.

“Just tell me you love me and kiss me already.” He said rolling his eyes. I laughed, shaking my head the best I could while laying down in the middle of the hallway.

“Same old Tyler Seguin. Cocky as ever.” He laughed, winking at me.

“But I'm all yours baby!”
♠ ♠ ♠
It cheesy, but cute. Tell me whatcha think :)