‹ Prequel: He Could Be the One
Status: (Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster this story will be updated.

Wish You Were Here

One Last Kiss

Sevie's POV
Ever since the night of the show, the touch and feel of his lips still lingered on mine. Just thinking about caused my heart to beat in an alarming rate that would most likely send any normal person to the emergency room by now or even worse.
"Claire?"
I snapped out of my thoughts and look at Zack seated in the driver's seat next to me. "Yea?"
"You ok? You've been sitting there, grinning like a fool for the past twenty minutes."
I blushed. "Oh well um I'm just super excited to see your parents. It's been forever." I said, half lying.
He chuckled. "Well believe me, they're pretty stoked to see you too."
With his right hand, he reached over to my lap and took a hold of my left hand, lacing them together. Deep down inside, I knew I had to end things with Zack. It's been 3 days since the show and I've made no effort in calling it off. This just didn't feel right to me. I truly hate myself right now... We continued the drive to Zack's parents' house in complete silence. This'll be the first time I see them since I've been in town. It was Tuesday morning and luckily there was a Ravens game on later on. What better way to bond than with a good game of football right? As the moving houses outside came to a stop, on my right stood a very lovely home that brought back countless memories.
"Wow, this place hasn't changed much." I said, stepping out of the parked car.
Zack came around from his side and stood beside me. "Nope, still the same from way back in the day. let's head inside and out of the cold."
Once again, he laced out hands together and led the way to the front door of the house. before we could even knock, the door flew open to reveal an ever so happy Mrs. Merrick.
"Claire! Zack! So glad you two made it here saflely. Please come inside."
Zack and I did as told and walked inside the nice warm and cozy home. His mom then hugged each one of us. She looked at me and smiled.
"Long time, no see little lady."
I giggled. "Sorry about that Mrs. M."
"Mrs. M, is that really what you're gonna call me now? Am I too old for you to call me what you called me when you were younger?"
I blushed and shook my head. "No. I'm sorry Mama Merrick."
That made her smile. "Now that's more like it."
"Hey mom, where's dad?" Zack asked, taking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack.
"I think he's downstairs in the basement. Go check on him."
Zack nodded and kissed me on the cheek before leaving.
"So Claire, you ready for the Ravens game?"
I nodded and unzipped my coat, to reveal my Ravens jersey underneath. "You bet I am."
She chuckled. "Good. We invited the whole gang to come watch."
"The whole gang?"
She nodded. "Of course dear. The Barakats, Rogers/Dawsons, Steeles, and Gaskarths are all coming to watch."
"Oh I see."
"Now let's hang your coat and head to the kitchen. I still need help with food."
I nodded and hung my coat next to Zack's before following his mom to the kitchen. I wasn't looking forward to seeing Alex, let alone be in the same room as him. Once in the kitchen, I took a seat at the counter.
"So Claire."
I looked at Mrs. Merrick a bit hesitantly. "Y-yea?"
"How was the show on Saturday?"
"It was great. We got a lot of positive feedback from the fans."
She nodded. "That's good. What about life outside the band?"
I blushed. "Oh um well it's peachy I guess. I'm dating your son heh..." Smooth move slick...
She smiled. "I can see that. So I talked to your mother recently and well she filled me in on a few things."
"Wh-what kinda things exactly?"
Mrs. Merrick shrugged. "Oh I don't know. Why don't you tell me?"
She's using her 'Carla Merrick Ways' on me. When we were kids she would do this to us when there was something wrong. It made it difficult to hide things from her.
I groaned. "What's the point of me telling you if my mom already did?"
She sighed and took a seat next to me. "I know Claire. I'm sorry, I guess I just wanted to hear it come from you. Nothing against your mother of course."
I sighed. "I know. I'm fully accustomed to your little jedi mind tricks Mama Merrick. Since you're aware of everything, you know how I truly feel about Zack right?"
"Of course I do. I'm also aware of how he's felt about you all these years."
"Then you also know that what me and him have going on has to end, am I correct?"
She nodded. "Yes I know. Zack may not be one to show his emotions that often but I know deep down inside he's really hurting just knowing that you'll never see him the same way he sees you."
"I figured as much..."
She took a hold of my hands and smiled. "Claire, do what you gotta do. Zack's a grown man, he'll come around and learn to accept your decision."
I smiled back and nodded. "Thanks Mama Merrick."
"No problem, now let's get working on those snacks. People should be arriving soon."
I agreed and began helping her out in the kitchen. About an hour later, the Barakats and Steeles were the first to arrive. Chips, drinks, Mrs. Merrick's special dip were all set out on the counter for people to take. After saying hello to Jack's parents, Joyce and Bassam, as well as his older siblings, Joe and May, I joined my friends out back in the Merrick's patio.
"Sevie!!"
I giggled as I returned Faith's hug. "Hey Faith."
"Axel's telling Jack and Zack about my fight with Erika." She pulled her hair back and showed a few scratch marks on her neck. "I have battle scars. How fucking badass am I?"
I shook my head and smiled. "Pretty badass my friend but next time, wait until we're outside the venue before you beat the crud out of someone. I thought I taught you better."
Faith giggled and nodded. "Aye aye Captain."
We the joined Axel, Jack, and Zack in their conversation. It wasn't long before we were joined by Rian and Cassadee.
"Best frannn!"
"Bestie!"
Cassadee and I ran to each other in slow motion and hugged. We then pulled away and laughed.
"How've you been girlie?"
I smiled. "I've been alright I suppose, you?"
"Hey where's my hug?"
I turned towards Rian and giggled. "Well alright, if I have to."
I walked over to him and gave him the hug he had asked for. After we pulled apart, he joined the other guys for a quick game of football. Faith was keeping score. As I was watching the run around and tackle one another, I felt a slight nudge in my side. I looked over and saw Cassadee smiling at me.
"Stop that you look like The Joker."
She pouted and slapped me on the arm. "Hey!"
"I'm just kidding but seriously you're scaring me."
She then rolled her eyes and giggled. "You'll get over it. So anyway, I heard you sang the song we wrote at the show. How did it go?"
"Oh um well the fans loved it. Very good feedback."
"That's awesome. Oh by the way, a little birdie told me that a certain cowboy was at the show to."
I blushed. "Y-you don't say..."
Cassadee groaned. "Sevie stop playing dumb. You know who I'm talking about."
I sighed and gave up. "Yes, HE was there."
"I knew it. So, what did he say about the song?"
"Oh uh...well...uh..."
"Jonathan kissed her, isn't that right Sevie?"
Cassadee and I both turned around and saw Alex standing at the back door of the house.
"Claire?"
I turned around towards the others and saw Zack standing just a few feet away. The look on his face broke my heart.
"Is what Alex said true, did Jonathan kiss you?"
I nervously answered him. "Y-yea..."
"Did you kiss him back?"
"Y-yea...Zack I was going to tell you I swear but..."
He just rose his hand and completely cut me off. He handed the football he had in his hands to Axel and walked around the house to the driveway.
"Zack!"
I soon heard an engine roar and wheels screech down the road.
"You are seriously the worst girlfriend ever. That makes two guys that you've lied to."
Something inside of me snapped. I walked over to Alex and slapped him across the face. The look in his eyes was that of pure shock.
"What's your fucking problem Gaskarth? Do you seriously enjoy hurting others, including your friends? I'm sick and tired of it Alex. This isn't fucking high school! I was going to tell Zack the truth but I didn't want it to go down like this. You're just a sick egotistical bastard. Grow the fuck up! I bet if Tom were and saw just the type of man his little brother grew up to be, he'd be down right disappointed."
I knew bringing up his deseased brother wasn't right of me to do bu it was the only way to get him to understand that what he was doing was wrong. Without any further reaction from Alex, i sighed and turned around towards Axel.
"Lend me your car keys."
He nodded and tossed them to me. "Any idea where he could be?"
I nodded. "I have one. Tell the Merricks that I'll be back with Zack."
"Got it."
I then took the same route Zack took and hopped into Axel's car that was parked right in front of the Merricks. I stuck the the key in the ignition and once the engine roared, I drove as quickly as possible out of the neighborhood, without getting pulled over, towards the one place I knew Zack would most likely be at. As I got closer to my destination, I instantly spotted his car. I pulled in right beside it and began looking for him in the large park in front of me. It didn't take long before I found him sitting on a bench in the middle of the park near the large water fountain, deep in thought.
"Is this seat taken?"
He looked up ar me for just a second before looking away again. "Go ahead."
I nodded and sat down next to him. Neither of us said anything for a while until he fiinally spoke up.
"So seems like Jonathan still has feelings for you after everything that's happened."
I shrugged. "I don't know about that..."
"He kissed you Claire! What else could that fucking mean?!"
Once again, silence took over. I soon heard him sigh.
"Sorry about that."
I shook my head and looked up at the sky. "It's ok."
I then felt Zack lean back into the bench. "I guess I should've seen this coming..."
I sighed and looked at him. "So what now?"
"I guess we go back to how things used to be."
"Go back?"
He nodded and stood up. "Back to being just friends. That was the deal after all."
"Are you..."
He looked down at me and smiled. "Yea I'm sure. I'll always love you no matter what but if things aren't meant to be then what else can a guy do?"
"Zack, you know you'll always have a special place in my heart."
He nodded and held out his hand. "I know."
I took a hold of his hand and he pulled me up.
"Hey Claire before we go, can I ask you something?"
I looked at him and smiled. "Sure, what is it?"
"Can I kiss you just one last time?"
I blushed and nodded. Zack stepped closer and gently placed his hand on my cheek. He then leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. After pulling away, he smiled down at me.
"Let's head back Sevie."
I smiled at how he called me by my nickname and not my real.
"Let's go Muscles."
I jumped on his back and gently kicked him on his side.
"Run like the wind Bullseye, we got a Ravens game to catch!"
Zack laughed and soon took off running toward our parked cars.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 comments!
Thanks so much to:
Smurfette12
timebombxoxox
laurrrren
Ya'll are awesome!

I think i might have to change the comment thing.
Remember I can only update on weekends.
I'll see if I can post 2 more either today or tomorrow.
If not, comments are gonna change.
So keep track on that.

I update from my small lil phone so it takes a long time.
I have some weird internet on this thing. haha
Anyway thanks guys and if you have any questions, contact me on here or twitter @JAGKdAmerrickan.