‹ Prequel: He Could Be the One
Status: (Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster this story will be updated.

Wish You Were Here

Animal I Have Become

Alex's POV
I just stood there as I watched Sevie go after one of my best friends. What kind of person have I seriously become?
"That was fucking low Alex!"
I looked over at the small brunette standing next to Axel. I think she was his younger sister.
"How could you do that to your best friend? Do you seriously have no heart?"
"Faith, stop. I think he gets it."
She looked up at Axel. "But Ax..."
"Drop it Faith!"
She settled down soon after that. Axel then looked over at Rian, Jack, and Cass.
"Can you guys take the brat inside while I talk to Gaskarth?"
The trio nodded and pretty much dragged Faith inside while she yelled at her brother for calling her a brat.
"Squirt made a point. Do you even have a heart?"
I sighed before making eye contact with Axel. "I don't know."
"How did you know about Sevie and Jonathan's kiss? I wasn't aware of it."
"I was at the show. I knew the guys wouldn't tell me about it so I found out through Greico. I was just passing through the hallway when I saw them."
"I see."
It turned quiet for a bit before Axel finally spoke up again.
"I noticed how surprised you were when Sev slapped you."
I gently rubbed my cheek. "Don't remind me, it still hurts like a bitch. I never expected her to..."
"Hit you? Dude think about the shit you've put her through. You cheated on her with Lisa Ruocco of all people. Then you teamed up with a chick, that's about as bad as Lisa might I add, to seperate her from Jonathan Cook. I seriously don't blame her for hitting you. You had it coming for the longest time."
"She hates me, doesn't she?"
"She hates your very existence."
I sighed. "I figured as much..."
"What happened to you Gaskarth? Growing up you were never this big of a douche."
I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I hate the person I've turned into."
"Then change. It's not to late for that."
"I want to but I just don't want people to see me at my weakest."
He shook his head in disappointment. "That's just your pride talking. There's nothing wrong with that. You are human after all."
"Well I haven't exactly been feeling that way lately."
Axel looked at me strangely. "What do you mean?"
I sighed and ran my hand through my brown locks. "Lately I've been feeling like a brainwashed zombie."
"Wow, seriously?"
I nodded. "Yea. It's hard to explain."
"I beg to differ. I bet I can solve how your problem all started with just three words."
"What?"
He nodded. "I'm dead fucking serious."
"Alright I guess, go for it."
Axel held out his right hand with every word he said, he held up a finger.
"Lisa. Noel. Ruocco."
"Lisa?"
"Yea Lisa. Just think about it. Ever since she came into the picture back in the day, you've been different. I'll be honest, when I first met you I didn't like you. I still don't like you but that doesn't necessarily mean I hate you. Anyway, when you and Sev first started going out you were a pretty okay dude. You would always crack jokes and be all smoochy with Sevie in front of everyone. Then when Lisa came around, you were a douche. You would never acknowledge Sevie while Lisa was there. She had you wrapped around her little finger. She changed you into what you are now."
"But I'm not with her or haven't spoken to her in months."
Axel shook his head. "It doesn't matter Gaskarth. The damage was already done."
I leaned against the wall behind me and sighed. "When you say it like that, it sounds like there's no hope for me."
"Don't twist up what I said, there is." He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. "Let me ask you this, do you want to make things better with the people you've pissed off?"
I nodded. "Yea."
"Then just apologize and prove to them that you don't want to be the villian anymore."
"How exactly do I go about doing that? I can't just go up to someone and be like 'Oh sorry I was a douche to you.'"
Axel just shrugged. "You never know, it might just actually work."
"Doubt it."
"Just give it a shot."
I sighed and gave up. "Fine."
"You know something, I think the first person you should apologize to is Jonathan. He's going through the same thing."
This time I looked at him weird. "What do you mean?"
"Erika Garrison is another Lisa Ruocco. Get the picture now?"
"So she has him brainwashed too?"
Axel nodded. "Yep. Who's fault do you think that is?"
"Mine..."
"Atta boy."
"Shut up."
He chuckled. "It's up to you though."
Suddenly the back door swung open and out stepped Jack and Rian.
"Sevie and Zack are back." Jack said.
"Is everything okay between them?" Axel asked.
Rian nodded. "Looks like it. They walked in chanting for the Ravens."
They both then looked at me then back at Axel.
"Is everything okay here?" Jack asked. "I don't see either of you bruised or bleeding."
Axel shook his head at Jack. "I did say I wanted to talk to him, not beat the kid to death."
Jack chuckled. "Sorry."
I got off the wall and walked up to my best friends.
"Guys, I'm sorry I've been a bit of a douche lately."
"A bit?" Rian asked.
"Lately?" Jack asked right after.
I groaned. "Alright, sorry I've been an extremely big douche for the past few years. Is there any way you could forgive me?"
They looked at one another then back at me with smiles on their faces.
Jack nodded, placing an arm around my shoulders. "We forgive you Lex."
"Though to be honest, we're not the people you should be apologizing to." Rian added.
I nodded and sighed. "I know."
Sevie's POV
Mama Merrick was able to tell what happened between Zack and I the instant we stepped foot into the house. I knew this cause she gave me the whole 'I'm proud of you' smile and nod. I was extremely thankful that none of the parents knew all of what happened outside. they did have their suspicions though. I became just as suspicious when Jack, Rian, and Alex came in all buddy-buddy with Axel following behind. He made himself over to me while the three bandmates joined the parents to watch the game.
"You're confused aren't you?"
I looked at Axel. "Very. What happened?"
"I think what you said really hit Gaskarth hard. He wants to change."
"Alex wants to change? I don't see that ever happening."
"Well I do."
I sensed the anger and seriousness in his voice when he said those words. I looked at Zack and saw that he was just as confused as I was. I then turned my attention to Alex. Hmmm maybe there is just some hope for him left...
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't aware that there was a Three Days Grace with the same title as the chapter until my little brother told me.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't update on Sunday.
Last minute family gathering was called and well I couldn't get out of it.
I was the driver.
This chapter to be honest I wasn't sure about.
I'm still not.
Let me know if you guys like it though.
If not I'll take it down and start over.

As for the comment thing, I did change it.
So if this story does get comments then I'll update.
If not well then no updates.