‹ Prequel: He Could Be the One
Status: (Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster this story will be updated.

Wish You Were Here

When You're Gone

The car ride home from the airport felt like an eternity. We had arrived in Dallas about forty five minutes ago and were now on our way home. I really wasn't looking forward to possibly running into Jonathan.
Once we pulled up to the house, we all just decided to leave our bags in the car and get them later. We headed to the front door and were greeted by Gabe and Hunter. Gabe ran straight towards me with his arms wide open.
"Sissy! I missed ya!"
I picked him up and held him close.
"How was tour?" asked Hunter, who stood by the door.
"Amazing as always!" Axel shouted as he walked inside.
Hunter chuckled. "Way to rub it in douche."
"Don't be surprised, it is Axel after all." Claudia giggled as she hugged Hunter and walked inside.
"Oh Sevie."
I looked at Hunter after putting Gabe on the ground. "What's up?"
"Someone's waiting for you outback."
I instantly thought of one person. Jonathan... I made my way to the backyard a bit hesitantly. Oh gosh, what am i gonna say? What should i do? I took a deep breath and opened the backdoor. I stepped out and closed the door behind me.
"Hey Claire..."
I turned around and met with a pair of hazel eyes.
"Zack, what are you doing here?"
"I came to see you of course...I heard what happened between you and Jonathan..."
"Oh..."
"So how are you?"
I shrugged. "I don't know to be honest."
"I see..."
"Yea..."
I really didn't know what to say to him. After what happened between us back in October, I could clearly sense the awkwardness building up. I seriously just wanted to go back to how we used to be.
"So uh...you wanna get out of here?" I asked.
Zack smiled. "Seems only fair that you show me around Dallas since I took you out back in Cali."
I giggled. "Alright smartass, let's go."
We walked back inside and out of the cold. Zack said hi to everyone before we excused ourselves and left in my car to downtown Dallas. I loved the fact that all the Christmas lights were being put up early. I decided to take Zack to the downtown mall to walk around and browze. All the awkwardness seemed to slowly fade away the more we spent time together. It was like what happened back in California never occurred. A few stores down from where we were, I spotted the one person I wanted to avoid the most. Jonathan Cook. Beside him, holding on tightly to his arm was none other than Erika. I can't let
them see me. Think Sevie, think.
I glanced at Zack, who was going on about memories from our childhood, and took a deep breath.
"Zack..."
He stopped walking and turned to me. "What is it?"
I then did something I never thought I'd do again. I wrapped my arms around Zack's neck and kissed him. I then felt him return the kiss as he plaed his his hands on my hips. In my mind, I was hoping that Jonathan and Erika would just walk by thinking we were just regular people in the mall. One again, fate was not on my side.
"Sevie Rae, is that you?"
Damnit! I pulled away from Zack and looked over towards Erika and a very confused Jonathan.
"Oh my gosh, it is you along with Zack Merrick i see."
"Hey..."
"I didn't know you two were dating, did you babe?" She asked Jonathan.
I was hesitant to even look at him but once I did, the look on his face shattered my heart. What have I done?
"Uh...no...I didn't..."
"Well it was nice seeing you both. Jonathan and I have some more shopping to do."
With that said, they both wandered off into the huge crowds. Right when they were completely out of sight, I felt tears forming in the corners of my eyes. I then felt a warmth press up against me from behind and wrap their arms around me.
"I know you're in pain Claire, but please let me help you forget. I love you..."
After just standing like that for what seemed hours, Zack and I decided to head back to the house. The drive home was dead quiet. No one said a word. All that could be heard was each of us breathing. When we pulled up to the house, I noticed that both Claudia's and Matt's cars were gone. They must've all gone out. We both got out of the car and headed inside. Just as i was about to head upstairs to my room, Zack took a hold of my wrist. I turned around and faced him.
"Claire, wait."
"What is it Zack? Look if it's about what I did at the mall, i'm sorry."
"I don't care if you used me back there. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, I love you."
"Zack, please don't..."
"I'm sorry but I can't. Claire, you're all I ever think about now more than ever. I hate seeing you hurt like this."
He pulled me lose and placed his forehead against mine. "Zack..."
"Claire please allow me to help you forget."
Before i knew it, Zack had pressed his lips against mine. In defeat, i kissed him. As we made out right there on the staircase, so many thoughts ran through my mind. Maybe Zack will help me forget about Jonathan but the thing is i don't know if I'm ready to forget...Only one way to find out... I pulled away from the kiss and ran my hands through Zack's hair.
"Let's go to my room."
He nodded as i took a hold of his hand and led the way to my bedroom. Once the door was closed and locked, i picked off where we left off on the staircase.
He held me close as I put my hands up his shirt and pulled it over his head. Our lips met fiercely. His teeth
bit down at my lower lip causing me moan. I then undid Zack's jeans and rushed him onto my bed before he could remove them completely.
I removed my shirt adore crawling on top of him and attacking his lips. Our legs tangled together as the friction from our bodies increased rapidly. He some how managed to undo my jeans without me really realizing it. Zack then surprised me and rolled us over where he was now the one on top. He completely got rid of my jeans, leaving me in only my undergarments.
He then looked at me. "Um do you have..."
I blushed after realizing what he was referring to and pointed at my night stand. He left for a bit and searched for what he asked for. Once he had it, Zack kicked off his own pants before crawling on top of me.
He leaned down to kiss me, his tongue slipping part my lips easily. The kiss slowly began to get more intense as every second went by, causing me to moan. I ran my hands through his hair and slightly pulled at it, increasing the intensity. An of his wrapped his way around my waist pulling me closer to him. His free hand made its way to my back, unhooked my bra, and removed it. Zack's hands then traveled down my body, exploring every part of my exposed body. Once his hands made their way to the rim of my underwear, he broke the lips and looked at me.
"Claire...Are you sure about this?"
I blushed and nodded. "Ye...yea..."
He leaned down and pecked me on the lips. "I love you."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down for another kiss, signaling him to continue. He caught on and removed not only my underwear but his boxers as well.
Once he put on the condom, he slowly pushed himself inside me. Our bodies moved in unison with each thrust. This continued until we both reached our peak. He discarded the used condom and wrapped ourselves in my sheets.
"I hope to someday gain your love Claire...I truly love you."
He pulled me close to his body allowing me to hide my face in his chest and avoid him from seeing me quietly cry myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm didnt get any comments on the last chapter but any way like promised this chapter is much longer. I had a LOT of help on this one towards the end to be specific so i hope you guys like it. I wanna give a shoutout to my biffle @ISeeStarsIowa for helping me post this. I owe her BIG time :)