‹ Prequel: He Could Be the One
Status: (Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster this story will be updated.

Wish You Were Here

Best Intentions

Axel's POV
After my early morning work out at the gym, I headed across the street for some coffee. With my coffee in hand, I headed back across the street to the gym's parking lot for my car. Just as I was about to enter the lot, I saw a familiar person walking out of an antique shop. What do I have to lose? I walked passed the lot and called out to the person who was now a few feet in front of me.
"Jonathan."
He stopped and turned around. "Axel?"
I smiled. "Long time no see. How have you been?"
Jonathan didn't say a word and continued on his way.
"I see Jonny Boy is being a bit difficult. Too cool to talk to me huh?"
He stopped again but only this time he didn't turn around. "What do you want Axel?"
"I just wanna talk."
"We have nothing to talk about."
"I believe we do. We have to talk about Sevie."
Hearing her name must've caught his attention quick because upon saying it, he turned around and finally faced me. "Why do we need to talk about her? She seems to be doing perfectly fine from what I witnessed yesterday. She has that kid Zack Merrick with her."
I sighed. "Zack is just a friend, who may or may not be in love with her."
This time it was Jonathan's turn to sigh. "I really don't care. Now if you'll excuse me, I have important matters to attend to."
I chuckled. "Whoa there cowboy, I'm not done talking to you. Now unless you wanna cause a scene, I suggest you listen."
Jonathan glared. "Are you threating me?"
"Me threaten you? Nah man. Sevie would kill me if I threatened your ass and quite frankly, I'm not ready to die just yet."
He soon calmed down a bit and sighed. "Fine, we'll talk but not here."
I smiled. "Alright then where?"
"This afternoon at the golf course. Meet up around 4pm. Sound good?"
"Golf course?"
"Take it or leave it, your choice."
"Oh I'll take it. See you then Jonny Boy."
I turned around andheaded back to the gym's parking lot drinking away at my coffee. I got into my car soon after and drove home.
Sevie's POV
Zack and I finally arrived at a small diner that wasn't too far from home. We stepped out of my car and headed inside where we were then seated and handed menus by one of the waitresses. Once we ordered our drinks, the waitress gave us time to look through the menu.
I looked around the diner and smiled. "This is a cute place."
Zack looked away from his menu and smled at me. "I thought you'd might like it. I saw it yesterday on my way to your place."
"Nice. You have a good eye Merrick."
He chuckled. "Well thanks."
"Speaking of my place, how did you find it?"
"I got help from Sophie and Flyzik. They gave me your address and well here I am."
I giggled. "Awh I miss Soph and Matty."
Zack smiled. "Believe me they miss you too. You ready to order?"
I nodded. "Yup, I want pancakes."
"Alright then. I think I'll have the same."
The waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders. It didn't take long for us to recieve our food and begin eating. We finished rather quickly too. While Zack went off to pay the bill after defeating me in a game of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors', I decided to wait for him outside by my car. As I walked up to it, I heard a familiar voice come from behind.
"Oh my gosh, hi Sevie Rae."
I groaned and slowly turned around. Please don't let it be... "Erika."
"Sorry we didn't get to talk much at the mall yesterday. Super busy Christmas shopping with my man." she giggled.
"You don't say?" Please go away...
She nodded. "Anyway, I noticed that you've got yourself a new boy toy. Congrats. Things must've gotten interesting in Cali for you to score Zack Merrick. I gotta say, I'm quite jealous."
"Shut up and leave Zack out of your little game."
"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."
"Seriously what's your problem with me? What the hell did I ever do to you?"
She walked closer to me and glared. "You stole Jonathan from me, don't you remember?"
"Stole him? I never did that."
"Yes you did, on the day of your stupid birthday!" Erika glared. "Now get it through your head Jonathan is mine and no one else's, understand?"
"He's not a fucking trophy or an animal. He's a human being. You're only with him for interest not because you love him."
She shrugged. "So what if I am? There's nothing you can do about it. Jonathan won't listen to you after what you did."
"I did it to protect him not to hurt him. You and Alex were the ones that did that."
Erika laughed. "There's no way you can prove that."
"I'll figure out a way to prove it to Jonathan."
"Then what, get back with him? If you did that, you'd be different than me and Alex."
I clinched my fist. "I will never be like you and Alex!"
She laughed again and began walking towards the diner. "Whatever you say Sevie."
Just as she opened the door, Zack was making his way out. My vision began to get blurry from tears slowly forming from the corners of my eyes as Zack made his way to me.
"Claire, are you ok?"
I wrapped my arms around his torso and cried. I felt him sigh and wrap his arms around me, holding me close.
"Let's go home."
Axel's POV
Cook is sure taking his sweet ass time getting here. I arrived at the golf course right when Jonathan wanted to meet. Twenty minutes have passed and still no sign of him. I wasn't much of a golfer but if this was the only way to get him to talk then so be it. A few minutes later, a familiar truck drove into the country club's parking lot. Jonathan stepped out, bringing with him his golf clubs. He immediately walked passed me and to a nearby golf cart.
"You have played before right?" He asked.
"Sort of." I said, getting into the passenger seat.
We drove to the first course and picked out our clubs.
"So talk."
I glared at him a bit but did as told. "Let me just get to the point of this whole ordeal, Alex fucked up your relationship with Sevie because she was happy with you not him..."
Jonathan swung then turned to me. "I don't see your point."
I sighed. "Chill I'm getting to it. What I'm getting at is that Alex Gaskarth and that your new lil girlfriend teamed up to break the two of you up."
"Oh, and what if they didn't? You could be lying to me like last time for all I know."
I ran my hand through my hair and groaned. "Are you seriously fucking kidding me?! Think about it Jonathan."
He shrugged. "I don't care anymore."
I snapped and grabbed Jonathan by the collar of his white polo shirt.
"Don't you dare give me that shit Cook. You DO care, you care about Sevie Rae. We all tried explaining the situation to you but did you fucking listen? No. So you're gonna listen now old man. You being with Erika is a mistake. If she's told you that Sevie's the bad guy in all this, it's a complete lie. Just think about when all the drama started. It didn't start until she showed up."
"But Sevie..."
"Lied? Yea I know, I was there but but she did it with the best intentions. Sevie lied to protect your ass!" I sighed and let him go. "People tend to lie to their loved ones in order to keep them out of harm's way."
Jonathan backed away a bit and fixed his shirt. "Why couldn't Sevie just tell me about everything from the beginning?"
I sighed. "She did."
"But not completely!"
We just stood there in complete silence. I sighed again and swung my golf club.As I watched my golf ball fly, I heard motion from behind me.
"Do you think I can get her back?"
I turned to him and smiled. "You never know until you try."
He slightly smiled back and we continued our game of golf.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! New chapter!
Please comment guys really curious to what you think.