‹ Prequel: He Could Be the One
Status: (Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster this story will be updated.

Wish You Were Here

Mother's Intuition

Sevie's POV
It's been about a week since my run in with Erika. I eventually told Zack what had happened later that day. Two days after that incident, Zack left to Baltimore for some family time since he had a month off from tour. He wanted to take me with him but I decided not to go due to the fact that my parents were due back from their cruise any day.
"Claire!"
I groaned. "What?"
"Hurry up with that box of ordaments. I want this tree up and decorated before your father and all the boys get home."
"Alright mom, give me a sec."
It felt weird being home again but it was the holidays so it was ok. I pulled out a small box off from on top of a dresser , looked through it to make sure it was the right one, headed out of the basement, and upstairs to the living room where my mom and Toma were.
"Here you go." I smiled, placing the dusty box on the coffee table.
My mom placed the last line of lights on the tree before turning to me. "Thanks sweetie."
"No problem and the tree looks awesome."
Toma rolled her eyes and sighed. "Well duh, your mom and I put it up after all."
I giggled a bit and looked around the room. "Claudia still isn't back yet?"
Toma shook her head. "Nope."
"What time was your friend's flight from Florida suppose to land?" My mom asked
us both.
"Around noon." I said checking the time on my phone.
"What time is it now?" Toma asked.
"It's almost 2:30"
"Maybe her flight got delayed."
I looked at my mom and nodded. "Yea, maybe."
"Now come on and help us. Toma and I could use an extra pair of hands."
I smiled at my mom and did as I was told. Having my mom back was just what I needed. I told her everything that had happened while she was gone. She just sat there listening to me go on for hours crying. She cried along with me without saying a word. Just knowing she was there was comfort enough. As Toma hung the last of the ordaments on the tree, there was a knock on the door.
"I got it."
My mom nodded as she and Toma began picking up the small mess we had made. I
walked over to the door, undid the latch, and opened it to reveal a smiling Sam and a shivering Claudia.
"Sammy! Claudia! Come in."
They both walked in, allowing me to close the door behind them. Toma and my mom came out from the living room and meet up with Sam.
"Sam you remember Toma right?" I asked.
She giggled. "Duh, how are you? Oh and congrats on the engagement. I'm so happy
for you."
Toma smiled. "I'm doing good and thanks so much Sammy."
I smiled. "The wonderful lady next to Toma is my mommy dearest."
"Nice to meet you ma'am. I'm Samantha."
My mom smiled. "Nice to meet you Samantha. I'm Caroline. It's nice to see another girl in the group. Too many boys."
We all laughed.
"Hey Mrs. D, do you have anything warm to drink? I'm like uber cold." Claudia trembled.
My mom nodded. "I'll go fix us up some coffee."
Toma and Claudia followed my mom to the kitchen leaving me and Sam to talk in the living room.
"Your mom is very sweet."
I smiled. "Thanks. So how have you been? It's been forever."
She giggled. "I know right? I've been really good, spending time with family and the boyfriend."
"How is Austin?"
"He's great. He told me to say hi to everyone for him. He wanted to meet up here since we haven't seen each other in a while but yea more band stuff came up."
"I understand. I have some band stuff to do this weekend with Axel."
"You guys going somewhere?"
I nodded. "Yup. We're headed to New York for an acoustic show. Then from there we're headed to Maryland."
"For another show?"
I shook my head. "No, Axel's family lives there so he's gonna spend a few days there."
"And you?"
I totally forgot. Sam doesn't know about Zack. "Well I'm gonna spend some time with my boyfriend and his family."
"Boyfriend?"
"Yea, I'm dating Zack Merrick. Ya know, from All Time Low?"
"Yea I know who he is but Sevie what about..."
I sighed. "Jonathan has Erika. He's moved on and I have the right to too..." No matter how much it hurts...
Sam sighed and smiled weakly. "I understand."
Soon after that, the day went on rather fast. Not just that but so did the week. Axel and I were packed and ready to go to New York and Maryland for a few days. As I was making sure I had everything I needed, there was a knock on my door.
"Who is it?"
"It's your mother."
I opened the door to the guest bedroom and found my mom standing there with a smile on her face.
"Hey mom, what's up?"
I walked back to my bed as she walked in and closed the door.
"Can we talk Claire?"
I nodded. "Yea of course. What do you wanna talk about?"
She sighed. "I wanna talk about what you told me before."
"You mean Jonathan?"
She nodded. "Well him and Zack."
"Um ok."
"Claire, do you love Zack?"
"Mom, you know fully well that I do."
"You know very well what I mean Claire Marie."
I slowly shook my head.
"Do you love Jonathan?"
"What are you getting at mom?"
"Answer the question young lady."
"Alright, yes I love Jonathan."
"Now repeat what you just said."
"I love...Jonathan."
She just sat on the bed and smiled. I sat down beside her and groaned.
"Seriously I still don't see what you're trying to do."
She sighed. "Sweetie, I understand that Zack loves you and that he asked for a chance but what you're doing to him isn't right. You're giving him false hopes to something that will never happen."
"What should I do mom? I don't want to hurt him and then possibly lose him. He's an important part of my life."
"I understand that you're scared of the consequences and I don't blame you. If you love Zack like you say you do, don't continue to lead him on. Got it?"
I nodded. "Got it."
"Good, now let's get you and Axel to the airport."
She gave me a hug and helped me carry my suitcase downstairs to the ront lawn where everyone else was, just talking it up.
"About damn time." Axel complained. "I was about to go on this trip solo."
I flicked him off. "Good luck singing the chick vocals."
He snapped and used his girliest voice possible. "Bitch, you don't know me."
"Whoa, settle down Shanae-nae." I giggled.
"I still don't think it's a good idea to send these two alone."
Toma shook her head at Claudia. "Don't worry I have someone in New York who's gonna keep an eye on these two."
Matt laughed. "You guys have a babysitter."
"Matthew?"
He turned to my mom. "Yes Mrs. D?"
"Can it or I'll ground you."
He sighed. "Yes Mrs. D."
I giggled. "Booya! Owned by my mama fool."
He flicked me off and stuck his tongue out at me. We then suddenly heard a car horn. We turned around and noticed the cab we had called for pull into the driveway. Axel and I said out goodbyes before finally making our way to the airport. During the ride, I couldn't stop thinkng about what my mom had talked to me about.
"Yo Sev, you okay?"
I snapped out of my daze and looked at the guitarist beside me. "I don't know."
"Come on, tell daddy what's wrong."
I sighed. "Mom kinda lectured me on the whole Zack and Jonathan situation."
"What did she tell you?"
"Pretty much to end things with Zack before it goes too far."
"To be honest, I agree with her. It's not fair what you're doing to the guy. I mean, I know that he knows about your feelings for JCook but come on now."
I sighed again. "I get Ax but I'm just trying to move on. He seems to have, so why can't I?"
"You're wrong?"
"What do you mean?"
He ran his hand through his hairsprayedless black locks and sighed. "I talked to him a while ago."
"I see."
"Yea. Wanna know what went down?"
I shook my head. "No thanks. I don't wanna talk about him or even think about him this upoming week."
Axel then mumbled something that I managed to make out as 'Houston, we have a problem.'
"What problem are you talking about Axel?"
"Heh weeeelllllll..."
"Axel, what do you know? What are you hiding from me?"
He groaned. "Toma's gonna kill me..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've been slacking off a bit on some stories.
I haven't been feeling much motivation lately. :/
I seriously don't want to stop writing these stories cause I really like them and they're like my babies.
Don't be afraid to comment.
I don't bite lol.
I love getting comments.
How about this, if I get 3 comments (can't be from the same person) I'll post the next chapter.
Sound good?

This chapter is in honor of Jonathan Cook's 28th Birthday!
God Bless that wonderful man!
Here's a beautiful picture of him just for the occasion.
Enjoy!