Status: I'm finally done!!!

Crash Landed In Camelot

Chapter Nine: Why Can’t Anyone Just Give Me a Straight Answer?

As I went to my room for supplies, I ran into Gaius. “Gaius, how are Merlin and Hunith?”

“Hunith is sleeping and Merlin is talking with Arthur.” He said a bit anxious.

“Where are you going? You look nervous.” I questioned. He was fidgety. Something wasn’t right. “Is this about Merlin? Did he tell you what he was going to do?”

“He did. But I won’t let him” he replied. It seemed everyone had the same idea.

“Gaius. I won’t let you. Let me take his place. I want to do it. I don’t belong here.” I pleaded. Hoping for the chance to save them both.

“You are young. You still have your life ahead of you, even if it is in an unfamiliar time.” He argued.

“I know that but Merlin needs you more than he needs me. And if you disappear now he will become suspicious.” I countered.

“I cannot let you go.” Gaius stated firmly.

“Please. I want to… for him.” I pleaded with a fierceness in my eyes and tone.

Gaius finally relented after meeting my gaze, “Do you know the way?”

“Kilgharrah told me.”

“I’ll make you a map just in case.”

“No tricks?” I asked.

“No tricks.” He respond dejectedly. He made the map and I gathered my supplies. I had to leave right away as Merlin was planning to leave in the morning and morning was nearing. I got Phillip from the stables and headed towards the white mountains. By sunrise, I was riding through the Valley of the Fallen Kings. No doubt that Merlin was starting his journey soon, unless Gaius managed to stop him. At what I guessed to be a little before noon, I arrived at the Isle of the Blessed.

“Hello?” I cried out walking through the ruins. I made my way to the courtyard where I came across a woman.

“Who are you?” The woman asked, her voice echoing. “Why have you come here?”

“I am Cadi. In a short time, Merlin will be back to offer his life for his mothers. I have come to offer my life for his.” I explained, nervous.

“Yes but who are you? I have never seen you before and I cannot see you in all my powers of premonition. From where are you from?” She questioned.

“I come a place far away from here. A place you could never imagine but it is not important. What is important is the life of Merlin. Will you grant my wish?” I questioned gaining confidence with each word, my voice echoing. See, I can be cryptic too.

“What is so important about Merlin that you would give your life?”

“His and Arthur’s destinies are intertwined. One without the other, they will fail. They will bring about a world of peace and prosperity. I intend the let that happen.”

“And you believe in their destiny?”

“With my life.”

“Very well. I will grant your wish. But first explain the place that none can see.”

“It is the future. Approximately 1500 years from now. It is full of wonders that are yet to be discovered for another 1300 years.” I tried to explain… badly.

“You are from that future?” She asked genuinely intrigued by me for the first time.
I hesitated in my response, “Yes.” What does she know of me? “Have you ever heard of this?” I questioned.

“There is a myth, told to the practitioners of my craft. They speak of a person with more knowledge of what is yet to come than anyone could imagine. Her power is said to match the ability of Merlin. But it is just folly. There was rumored to be a book that predicted her coming; it was the book that started the myth.” She explained walking closer. “It is possible that the myth is not a myth after all. Perhaps Armes exists.”

“Armes?”

“It means prophetess. It is the name of the woman from the myth.”

“But my name is Cadi…” I whispered to myself, half believing I was Armes.

“Everyone goes by another name. Among the druids, Merlin is known as Emrys. Do not doubt what you do not yet understand. Besides you may not be Armes, she is just a myth.”

“Very well. Will you still grant my wish?” I pondered.

“Yes. Ic, séo héahsácerd, þe ácwele strengþe fréoæwfæstnesse!” I collapsed and everything went dark. But before my eyes had closed, I saw him. And he was furious.
Pain. I felt pain in my chest. I could hear voices.

“Come on Cadi. Don’t give up. You can’t die on us!” I heard a voice.

“She lost a lot of blood. How long was she in the water?” Another voice said.

“I don’t know. But the ambulance is on the way.” Yet another voice said. Wait. I knew those voices! Skyia! Oh Sky, I thought I’d never see you. Wake up. Come on Cadi, you can do it. Try as I might I could not force myself to make any movement. I don’t even think I was breathing. Someone continued CPR with no luck. My body was too far-gone. But how was I able to hear all this? Perhaps it was my body’s way of letting me say goodbye. But wait. I was dying in both worlds… what would happen next?

I began to cough, my eyes slowly fluttered open, “Sky…” I coughed.

“I’m here.” I felt someone take my hand. I knew this was only temporary. I was too far-gone.

“Tell… Tell everyone… I love them.” My eyes closed again as my consciousness was pulled in another direction. I never heard the girls cry as they saw my life finally leave my body. But what happened next surprised me even more for when I opened my eyes, I saw someone I never expected to see again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long post but school and sickness have overwhelmed me.

Thank you to all the readers that have stuck with me even through the slow posting.