Status: I'm finally done!!!

Crash Landed In Camelot

Chapter Ten: Short Musings in the Rain

“Merlin?” I whispered.

“Cadi! You’re alive.”

“What, what happened?” I managed to stutter out, my chest still hurting.

“Nimueh’s dead. The balance of the world is restored.” He said with one of his arms protectively around me.

“I saw them again…” I whispered after a short pause.

“Who?” Merlin questioned.

“My friends. They were trying to save me.” I sighed. What would have happened if Merlin hadn’t killed Nimueh? Would I still be with them? No. I was dead there. If I wasn’t before, I know I am now.

“How? I thought you fell into the river?” He replied worried.

“I did but they must have found me,” I said softly. “Merlin?” I whispered after a brief pause.

“Yeah?”

“Can you either stop this cotton-pickin’ rain or can we find some shelter until it stops?” I joked. We both laughed and Merlin helped me walk over to a tree where we found shelter from the rainfall.

“Gaius told me what you said to him… about him being more important…” Merlin said after we settled into comfortable positions leaning against the tree. “It’s not true. Both you and Gaius have become equally important to me. You both help guide my actions and I can be me with you both.” He explained. I guess I have that affect on people. Haha.

“Yes but you’ve known Gaius longer. And me… I’m just a girl that died and instead of moving on, I went to the past because of some so-called lost destiny. Not that I’m complaining. It’s just that I don’t understand why me? Of all people why me? I’m nothing special. I put my pants on like everyone else does both legs at a time.” I joked.

“Well, to me you are very special because you’re my friend.” He said after laughing at my joke. “This means, I protect you from harm, regardless of the consequences.”

“Then I shall say, thank you kind sir, for saving my life.” I said sincerely.

“I’m not a knight. But you’re welcome.” He said smiling.

“You’re as good as a knight in my eyes.” I replied. After a moment I asked, “Have you ever heard the name Armes before?”

“”No. Why?” He replied.

“Before Nimueh granted my request, she mentioned a myth about a powerful woman from the future, named Armes. She said the myth started from a lost book that may or may not exist.”

“We should ask Gaius.” He said intrigued.

“Or we could even ask Kilgharrah.”

“What?” Merlin asked a bit angered by the mention of the dragon.

“You know, the Great Dragon. His name is Kilgharrah.” I said as if the fact was obvious.

“I know. But how did you know?

“I talked to him before I came here.”

“Why did you talk to the dragon?” I pondered how much to tell him, not because I didn’t trust him but because I wasn’t sure what was important and what was truth.

“The night before you and Arthur left to fight the Questing Beast Morgana had a nightmare. In the nightmare, Arthur was dying and your mother appeared also sick. However, at the time it was hard to distinguish who she was.” I started only to be interrupted by Merlin.

“But why did that make you go to the dragon?” He said still trying to understand.

“I was getting there.” I said hastily. “I also had the dreams. They were terrifying and felt so vivid. After Arthur was bitten, I began to fear that maybe my dreams were coming true. I spoke with Gaius and he just believed it was a coincidence. I warned him that if the woman in my dream appeared I would go to Kilgharrah and I did.”

“How could you also have Morgana’s dreams?”

“I don’t know… Kilgharrah suggested that I was a witch… from the future.” I said skeptically. Merlin sat, considering his words carefully. The rain continued to fall as we both thought.

Perhaps Nimueh’s myth is real. I mean, my knowledge of the future can be perceived as premonitions… and I did have the dream of Arthur and Hunith. But a witch? Why didn’t I know before, when I was still alive? Merlin’s had his magic all his life. Why is my so-called magic only appearing now? We need that book. It’ll have the answers. But what if I am getting ahead of myself? I may not even be Armes. But still the books can offer information.

“A while ago, Arthur was bewitched by a woman and her father. They were going to sacrifice him to become immortal. Morgana had intense dreams then too. Gaius and I suspected that she possessed magic. But we couldn’t say anything to her because we feared what Uther would do if he found out.. Maybe you and Morgana both possess magic.” Merlin said, finally. Morgana has magic?

“But I’m sure she, like you, has always had her magic. Even if it was underlying.” I said.

“Probably but it could be that magic in the future is different or it was dormant for some reason. Maybe your death triggered it. To find any real answers we need to find that book.” He resolved. He was right. To know anything for sure, that book need to be found… if it even existed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's short but I'll probably be posting again over Thanksgiving Break to make up for my lack of posting...