Status: I'm finally done!!!

Crash Landed In Camelot

Chapter Eleven: It's Story Time

We continued to sit there waiting out the rain. We discussed possible locations of the book that may or may not hold my future. When the sky finally cleared, we began our trek back to Camelot. Merlin tried to keep conversation but I was distracted by thoughts of the book. We didn’t even know what the title was. It could be anything. The size could be any, the cover anything. There are thousands of possibilities. The book may not only talk about Armes. It could talk about something else and Armes is just a footnote. Finally, Camelot came into view. The sight still astounded me, now more than ever.

The reunion between Gaius and Merlin was heartfelt and I felt I was intruding in a father-son moment. Gaius was joyous to learn that we both survived. After what I felt was a respectable time, I brought up Armes.

“Where did you hear that name?” Gaius asked.

“Nimueh mentioned it. She said it was a myth among those with magic,” I explained.

“It’s been a long time since anyone has brought it up. Last time I heard it, magic was still practiced in the land.” He replied.

“So you have heard of her? Did you hear of a book about her?” I asked, excited for the first time.

“Only very briefly. It was told as a story one night.” Gaius took a moment to recall the story. From a distant land will come a woman, a woman stronger in premonition than anyone before her. She will offer guidance to the lost. Her magic will match only one other and help free the suppressed. No one can predict when or how she will appear but it will go unnoticed by many. She is undetectable to those with magic. Armes will forever change how magic exists.” Gaius finished his short story of Armes. His tale was useless to help me but did give insight to her character. Overall, it was a very vague story. Many of the details lost over time.

“But did they at least mention the book?” I asked, anxious.

“I don’t recall if they ever did,” Gaius stated and I hid my disappointment.

“Don’t worry. Well find answers eventually.” Merlin said as if reading my thoughts.

“I know… I was just hoping for something more concrete.” I said, yawning.

“Concrete?” Merlin asked, confused.

“Uhm solid.” I explained.

“Oh. For anything, concrete, we need to find the book.” He stated.

“We don’t even know the title…” I said, dejected. “But tomorrow I’ll ask Kilgharrah what he knows.” I saw the anger flash in Merlin’s eyes. “What don’t you trust him anymore?” I asked, concerned.

“He was just using me for his freedom. That’s all he cares about. He was willing to let my mother die.” He angrily ranted. How could Kilgharrah be so cruel? I understand the want of freedom but at the cost of someone dear?

“Oh.” I replied, saddened but the news. “I’m sorry. But Merlin, I need to know what he knows.”

“I understand but please be careful?”

“You aren’t coming with me?”

“No. I told him he would never see my face again. Just don’t make him any promises?”

“I can’t say that I won’t. I really need to know the truth.” I yawned.

“You’re tired. It’s been a very eventful day. Perhaps we should head to bed.” Suggested Gaius.

“He’s right. We can continue our quest tomorrow.” Merlin consented standing up to walk me to my room. I also stood and together we exited the room in silence.

“Merlin! Where have you been?” I heard the undeniable voice of Arthur. He sounded better. Merlin looked towards me with a flash of slight annoyance. He was going to have fun explaining how he went to the Isle of the Blessed to save his mother and I by using magic. Yes. I do wonder how he manages. Maybe I’ll help him. Just this once.

“He was with me.” I said turning around to face the not so recently sick Prince. “His mother was sick and Gaius needed herbs to heal her. I didn’t know what they looked like so I had Merlin come along as he helps Gaius. Unfortunately, the herbs Gaius needed were incredibly hard to find so it took the better part of the day. I apologize for taking Merlin away from you.” Smooth. And half right. Arthur looked to Merlin for confirmation. He nodded his head in agreement.

“That’s twice now you’ve stolen my servant.” Arthur stated.

“Sorry. He’s just so important and useful.” I said slightly making fun of Arthur. Serves him right. If he only knew the truth…

“What is you need?” Merlin asked finally speaking.

“Right. My chainmail needs repairing and the sheets in my bed need changing. I can’t sleep in sweaty sheets.” Arthur listed.

“Very well.” Merlin said, leaving with a good-bye glance towards me.

“How are you feeling?” I asked Arthur, as he did not leave with Merlin.

“Much better. I felt like I was dying.” He said slowly rotating his injured shoulder. That’s because he was dying. We began walking slowly towards my chambers. We both were silent, neither of us knowing what to say.

“You know, you may feel better but you look dreadful.” I joked, carefully bumping his arm.

“Says the person who looks like they haven’t slept in ages.” He returned.

“Well someone had to help Gwen and Gaius take care of you. Or would you rather we let you die of a fever?” I teased.

“Of course not but there were three of you. Surely two could have rest while one helped me.”

“Don’t forget Hunith, someone had to look after her too.” I added.

“Right… You know I think I remember you patting my forehead and saying something that almost sounded like a compliment or perhaps it was Gwen.” Arthur teased. He had heard me!

“If you believe that you are a dunder dolt for getting hurt is a complement. Then yes, I did give you a compliment.” I teased. He looked confused for a moment before he realized that it was indeed a joke.

“That’s not a word.” He replied.

“It is now.” I said, indigent.

“Define it.” He commanded.

“Hmmm…. A dunder dolt is someone who is acting idiotic or does something stupid.” I explained.

“I am not a dunder dolt!” He exclaimed.

“Are too. You got yourself bitten.” I argued. We reached my room a few minutes ago but still were bickering.

“While saving Merlin’s life.” He countered. That was a good point but I was determined to win.

“You’re a trained warrior. Merlin isn’t.” Ha! I win. I smirked. “You’ve really no excuse for being bitten.” I yawned.

“But that doesn’t mean I am a dunder dolt.”

“Oh but it does.” I yawned again. “You know, as much as I want to stand here and argue about how much of a dunder dolt you are, I’m very tired from today.”

“I understand. Good night, Cadi.”

“Good night Arthur.” I said, turning towards the door. “Oh, and despite it all, I really am glad you’re okay.” I said, last minute. He looked slightly shocked at the sentiment but was pleased.

“I know.” He said, with a smug face walking away. I heard him mumble something as he walked away.

"What was that?" I called.

"Nothing!" He replied back and I quietly giggled as I opened my door. I sighed from exhaustion when I closed my door. He really is a great person. Tomorrow I would begin to finally find answers to my mysterious appearance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler. BUT I promise next chapter moves on from the Questing Beast and back to Cadi.