Status: Active

Endless, A Silent Whisper

Second chapter.

“Ryan! Ry, wake up!”

My eyes fluttered but my head felt heavy, it was like I’d stopped breathing for a long time. I couldn’t make out the figure beside me since there was nothing but darkness, but I knew who he was. I stared at him for a long time before I began to make out his brown eyes, worry evident in them.

It felt hot and I was drenched in sweat. My eyes stung from the tears that had formed.

Brendon neither took his eyes from me nor loosened his grip on my shoulders. I used up all my energy to speak, “It was a nightmare,”

He nodded. “Seems like it was a bad one,” he looked away from me and pushed himself up the bed, curling his legs under him. “What happened?”

I sighed, I couldn’t remember exactly. The whole image was vague to me. “Did it seem so bad?” I asked him.

“I was across the other side of the house and I could hear you yelling.” For some reason, Brendon couldn’t look at me now. He started shuffling his feet and his hands were playing on his lap.

“Good way to start my birthday,” I chuckled, and images from the nightmare started going through my head again. I was trying to push them away. I could tell Brendon could sense how tense I was. My body was still shuddering.

“Ryan,” he snapped, his voice was serious. I was shuddering but he seemed more worried than I was. He opened his mouth. I waited, but nothing came out of it.

“Bden? I’m sorry, we should go back to sleep. I’m fine,” I tried to smile. It wasn’t fair he had to be troubled by my nightmare. I knew we might as well get back to bed and ignore what happened and everything would be alright. Then he told me,

“You were screaming my name.”

And it hit me like the bullet in my nightmare; images came flashing before my eyes. Deafening screams, blinding lights, a crowd gathered before me, and something I never saw in my nightmare.

I was stooping down, and my arms felt heavy, and I looked down. A helpless Brendon rested on my arms, blood gushing out of him from everywhere.

I gasped. Brendon wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I heard him ask.

But the images were too strong I couldn’t stand blinking. They continued to flash every time I blinked. And of all the nightmares I used to have as a kid, nothing came up to me like this one.

It just felt too fucking real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think. :)