‹ Prequel: That's What You Get.

To Love And Back.

Monster

I entered the big house, sure I had all the brothers’ eyes on me. I walked up the stairs and reached John’s bedroom. I saw the closed door and a big sign on it saying he didn’t want to get bothered.
I sighed and with my heart beating faster and faster, I knocked. At first, I didn’t hear anything. I was sure he was inside but didn’t want to answer. He was so childish sometimes, like a boy who was angry because he didn’t get what he wanted for Christmas.
I kept knocking because I knew he hated it and at one point he had to answer to make me stop.
Infact, after just a couple of seconds, I heard his nervous voice behind the door.

“Who?!” by the tone he used I got he was really pissed.

“It’s me, can I come in?”

“Me who?!”

“Really John? Really?”

“I’m busy right now”

“Yeah you’re right. You’re probably busy believing Erin’s lies” after that, he came and opened the door. I sighed and he didn’t even have the guts to look me in the eye.

“Can I come in or do I have to stay here all the time?” he stepped back and I made my way into the bedroom. It was a mess and I could see tons of papers on the floor. “What happened here?”

“Nothing. Why’re you here for?” he was acting cold and I exactly knew why, and so he did.

“Good question”

“I have stuff to do”

“I can see that” I said looking around the room.

“Andy, seriously, what do you want?”

At that point I started beginning nervous “Are you really shutting me out?”

“I’m just saying that I’m busy”

“You’re not! You’re just angry and you’re trying to punish me by being cold”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

I laughed nervously “This is ridicolous! Listen, let’s be clear because I’m really sick of this. I don’t know what Erin told you but you really need to stop believing every word she says. It’s like you don’t trust me and I thought trust was important for the both of us”

“Yeah, in fact you trusted me with Erin right?”

“Don’t put this on me! I always told you I didn’t trust her! I never had a single doubt on you!” he shook his head and started cleaning up the room, while not looking me in the eyes, thing that made me even more mad. “If you trust her so much you really should be with her. I’m sick of this. I didn’t do nothing ok? I was just having a coffee with the professor’s assistant because he is new on campus. I was being nice and when he asked me if I had a boyfriend I told him I had one. I don’t know what she told you but believe me, she is the one lying! I would never cheat on you, never. But if you doubted it just for one second, then I guess you don’t know how to be in a relationship, especially with me. Goodbye John” and with that I went out the room and slammed the door behind me. I was so frustrated that my boyfriend didn’t believe me. It was like that bitch changed him and made him think something that clearly wasn’t true. I hated her and I hated him for believing her.
Trust was the most important thing for me and I thought John trusted me. Apparently it wasn’t like that. And as he really did trust his friend Erin, he should have gotten in a relationship with her.
I was sure she would have loved it. She wasn’t waiting for anything else.

I got home and this time –unfortunately- I found Rebecca in our bedroom. She noticed me being nervous so stayed quiet. For the first three minutes. She was even reading a book but she stopped, following me with her blue eyes.

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

“No”

“Wow, ok”

“I’m not really in the mood right now, I just wanna sleep”

“It’s just three in the afternoon!”

“I don’t care” I changed into my PJ and crawled under the blankets of my bed. I closed my eyes and hoped it was just a nightmare. Since when Erin got into my life my relationship with John was a total mess and now look where we were headed. I could only see the end of our story.

I felt the presence of Rebecca’s body next to me, on my bed. She touched my shoulder and sighed.

“I’m sorry, even if I don’t know what happened. But I guess it’s John’s fault” I didn’t replied, so she kept on talking “I know why you don’t want to tell me... I haven’t been a good friend lately, I reckon. The whole thing with Alex was unexpected and I couldn’t imagine that the love I felt for him now is hate. I’m just saying that I’ve been a bitch about the whole relationship thing, and I didn’t help you with your issue, and if you still don’t want to talk about it I’m ok with it, but I hate to see you like this. Sometimes I think you were right back then, it was better when you just had sex. Love hurts and I really don’t want to see love hurting my best friend”

Those words were so sweet that I couldn’t stay quiet this time. I turned to face her and see her smiling at me. I smiled weakly and thanked her.

“I’m here if you need me, even if I’m not the best person to talk to about it right now”

I nodded “thanks Becky” she smiled again “I just don’t know what to do”

“What about?”

I started telling her about the whole Erin issue and how I was mad at John for not breaking their friendship up. I knew I was being selfish but I was afraid I would lose him because of her. Not because John could cheat on me, but because she could do just anything –anything- to split us up.
The worst thing was that she was succeeding with her plan. That was just unfair.

“I just think you too need to be a part for some time. John needs to understand that by keeping on hanging out with her so called friend it’s bad for your relationship. He needs to miss you, so he can understand how much important you are for him. I’m sure he wouldn’t cheat on you with her, we both know it right?” I nodded “but as we are so sure about him, he needs to be sure about you too. A relationship is based on trust. I mean you can never be so sure, look what happened with me and Alex, but John really loves you and wouldn’t ever do that to you. He just needs to realize what his priorities are, if you know what I mean?”

“So you say I need to break up with him?” she shrugged her shoulder “if I do that, Erin will be right behind the corner. I don’t want her to keep him away from me”

“And she won’t. Do you want me to cut her hair in her sleep?” I laughed “seriously Andy, if this relationship makes you hurt so much, then it’s not a healthy one. You always told me you don’t want to get hurt, and now look at you. Where is my friend Andrea, the one who had more balls than a man himself? I want her back”

“I want her back as well”

”Then I guess you have your answer” I sighed and nodded “I’m going downstairs, you coming?” I shook my head “Ok. You know where I am if you need anything” she got out the room and closed the door. I started looking to the white ceiling re-thinking about her words, stating she was damn right. The old Andy wouldn’t let anyone feel like that. I was weak and I hated that.
Most of all, I hated the fact I couldn’t just shut my feelings up. Love really sucked, and I knew it before I could met her. I just risked it and now look at me.
I felt my cheek being wet and found myself crying and complaining like a baby. I closed my eyes and turned to the window, with my eyes full of tears. I couldn’t expect to see John looking at me outside the balcony. I tried to wipe all the tears away and I got up the bed to open the window.

“Why are you crying?” he asked talking with a soft tone of voice. I shook my head. I really didn’t want to tell him because I would have just cried more and I hated let people see me crying.
“I’m sorry” I nodded but didn’t dare to look him in the eyes. I didn’t want to make the same mistake. His eyes were like a poison to me, they made me forget everything.

“I am too”

“Can we talk about it?”

“I’m sick of talking. It doesn’t bring us anywhere” he noticed I was acting weird so he started being worried. I could understand it by his voice.

“What do you mean?”

I sighed “I think you need to go John”

“Now you’re the one who is shutting me out” I looked at him and shook my head again “I know I was stupid. I always am. I’m just so worried about losing you”

“I’m tired of this John, I just am. Can we just stop talking about it for a while? We spent the last weeks being worried about what she could do that we forgot to live our life together. I can’t do this anymore. I feel sad and frustrated, when I leave your house I’m worried she could be there after me, but believe me not because I think you could cheat on me, but because she was just waiting for this. She won John”

“You’re talking like this is a race or something”

“Apparently she thinks it is”

“I really don’t understand what you mean with this whole speech”

“I think we need some time alone John, it’s better for the both of us, especially for me. I’ve been changed because of you, because I’m in love with you, and I don’t like this. I’m hurt and I promised myself that as long as that happened, I would have stepped back”

“I didn’t mean to hurt you”

“You didn’t. She did”

“So you’re breaking up with me?” I shrugged my shoulders again and then he got it was a yes.
I really didn’t want to, because I loved him to death and believe me when I say it, it was hard for me to say him goodbye for a while. But it was better, for me, for us.

“I hope you understand”

He nodded and looked away “This means we can’t see each others anymore, even as friends?”

“Of course we can see each others and talk. I just need some time, and you do too, believe me”

“I don’t agree but I guess this decision if pretty serious. I mean you seem determined about this”

“I am. Please trust me this time”

“I do trust you Andy, I never thought you could cheat on me, but jealousy got the best of me and I believed her. Sometimes I think friends can’t lie but that’s not her case”

“She’s not your friend John”

“I should have tell her what you asked me to”

“Who knew this would have happened”

“I should have known I would have lost you”

“You didn’t lose me John. I still love you” he looked at me like I said something strange “don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I can’t stop loving you, at least not right now. I don’t even want to”

He smiled weakly and got closer to me, just to kiss my lips gently “I will wait. I love you Andy. And I trust you. I do. I just do and say stupid things sometimes” I nodded and hugged him, starting crying again. I really didn’t want to leave him but that really was the best option for us.
He looked at me and cleaned my wet cheeks with his hands, kissing me again, like it was our last time on earth. I could feel the tears still going down from my eyes, mixing within our lips, and my heart exploding, all at the same time.

“I’ll see you soon Andy”

“Goodbye John”

I got back in and he disappeared like the old times.
Old times. Sometimes I missed them. It was time to get back to them.
To the old Andy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me for making them split up!
I just think it was better for them and the story itself. I loved the last part tho, the kiss and all.
And I also loved Rebecca in this chapter. What do you think?

Here in Italy it's snowing a lot and there's really cold!!:/ I did another exam today and I passed it so yayyy. Next week I'm going to Paris for 4 days and I'm seeing The Maine on the 10th! I'm so excited, I can't wait. And hey, today's it's Pat's birthday so wish him an happy bday if you didnt already :)

Thanks for the last comments. Silent readers are more than welcome if they want to comment on the story, I won't eat them lol

Danielle
xxxx