‹ Prequel: That's What You Get.

To Love And Back.

Wish You Away

I was afraid of what I could have found once I got back.
My heart was racing and my mind was pouding, and a lot of bad thoughts were running through it.
I entered the house and ran up the stairs. Kennedy was waiting for me outside John’s room.

“Thank God you’re here” he seemed pretty nervous.

“What is happening?”

“Listen yourself”

I got closer to the door and heard the conversation John was having with Erin. Yes, Erin.

“You lied to me” he said.

“I wouldn’t say I did. I was just preparing you to the inevitable” was she really saying what I was hearing? I wanted to go in but Kennedy stopped me.

“Are you fucking serious? I thought you were my friend”

“I thought you were too”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Since when you got with her, you always put her first. You didn’t care about me anymore”

“Don’t you dare make this about her again. Erin you tried in every way to get us apart. I trusted you, I really did. I thought you were a friend, and a lot of times I told Andy I would have said this but didn’t. I really think it’s time though”

“Time for what?”

“Erin I think you need to leave. And never talk to me again”

She stayed in silence for a while and John did the same.

“She really fucked your head up”

“No, you were”

She sighed “I don’t understand. What does she have more than me?”

“Where do I start? First of all, she’s honest. All you did was telling bullshits about her and the worst part is that I believed you. I hurt her and she broke up with me, because of you and your lies”

“She will break up with you anyways as soon as she realizes what an asshole you are. As soon as you’ll find someone else better you will leave her as you did with me”

At that point, I really couldn’t stay there and quiet. That was enough. I tried to stay calm, when I entered the bedroom. Both John and most of all Erin couldn’t believe their eyes, and I could have told from their facial expression.

“Andy is not what looks like” he said, trying to justify himself.

“John, I heard everything” I looked over Erin, who was grinning. I hated her face. I hated everything about her. I knew she was going to be an issue and I’m never wrong.

“You need to get the fuck out from here”

“With pleasure” she walked out without saying anything else, leaving us alone, hopefully for good, even if I wasn’t sure. Maybe she wouldn’t have to be a problem for a while, at least.

Kennedy looked at us and just smiled. I smiled back and thanked him. He nodded and went back into his room. I was so glad I had a friend like him. Then my eyes went back on John. I could tell he was afraid of my reaction.

“I’m so proud of what you did”

He sighed deeply “I don’t know why I didn’t do it before”

“I’m just glad you did it”

“As soon as you got out, she came here and started asking things. And she was like obsessive, she wanted to know why you were here and if we were back together... at that point I really couldn’t stand it anymore. She wasn’t waiting anying but seeing us apart so she couldn’t make her move, and I don’t know why I didn’t had the guts to tell her she needed to go and fuck off before. I’m so sorry I hurt you so much Andy, I’m sorry, I really am”

I smiled and got closer to hug him. I felt his arms around my body, hugging it tightly, and his breath on my neck. I got him to look into my eyes and all I could do then was kissing him softly on his lips. He sighed and hugged me again, kissing my forehead. I could hear his heart beating fast as I lean my ear on his chest.

“I love you Andy. I will never hurt you again, I swear this time I mean it”

I looked up and nodded. By the look in his eyes I could say he was serious about it. And it was then that I believed him, and by that time I knew he was telling the truth. They say our eyes are the mirror of our soul and I never really thought about it until then. I could see what was in his mind, I could feel the same he was feeling. I guess that’s what happens when you really connect with someone else and when you are in love with them.

“I love you too, John”

He kissed me softly and all I could feel was my heart exploding.

“Can you stay here for the night?” he asked, with puppy eyes.

“Puppy eyes, really tempting” he laughed “Let me just go grab some clothes and stuff and I’ll be back in a couple of hours” I kissed him on the cheek and went out his room to go back to my house.
Once I got in I saw Rebecca waiting for me in the hall, with arms crossed to her chest.

“So I guess you two got back together”

“How do you...?”

“Ask your really good looking friend Kennedy”

“He has a big mouth hasn’t he” I started walking up the stairs to reach for our room, with her behind me. I didn’t know Kenny and her were friends. I mean, I was sure they have talked before but I didn’t know there was more. I must have been really out of my mind not to notice something between them two was going on.

“Well we were just texting and he told me about the Erin issue and that she’s gone for good”

“Since when you two have been texting?”

“We’re not talking about that”

“Oh yes we are now” I started putting some clothes in a bag while she sat on her bed looking at me going back and forth from the wardrobe to the bed.

“I was at a party at the Theta Chi house a couple of weeks ago and we just started talking, especially about you and John and them well we drank together”

“Did you sleep together?”

“No! At least, not yet” I laughed “but spare me the whole –Kenny is a good guy- speech. I know he is, that’s why I didn’t have sex with him already” I smiled “We just kissed. Once”

“Just don’t rush things and don’t hurt him. Or... don’t get hurt again, alright? I care about the both of you. If you two are happy then I’m the happiest person alive. It would be awesome to have my best friends together”

“You are rushing things now, we just kissed once”

“Was it good?” she smiled wide “you horny bitch!” we laughed and started fighting with our pillows for a while. We stopped as we heard her phone beeping impatiently. She took it out from her pocket and smiled as she read the text.

“Who is it?” she showed me the name, Kennedy Brock written in capital letters “wow you must like the guy a lot if he’s saved in capitals on your phone” she threw a pillow at me but didn’t make it to hit me.

“Stop talking about me. What about you and John? Are you back together then?”

I shrugged my shoulder “I guess so, it’s not like official but I love him...”

“If you’re happy then I’m happy. I don’t want you to get hurt anymore”

“Rebecca, the worst part out of this is that I’m hurt when I’m not with him”

“Aww that’s so cute!” I smiled and threw the pillow back at her.

I really thought and hoped no one could get inbetween our relationship, I really did. Erin was gone for good, and that’s what matters. She wasn’t a problem anymore.
But luck is barely by my side, you know?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! Erin is gone! (for now? for good?)
and what do you think about Rebecca and Kennedy? i think they could be a cute couple.
and Andy and John are basically back together. Are you happy?:D

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter, you guys are amazing!
Remember that feedback is always appreciated.

I saw The Maine last friday in Paris, they totally own my heart. I also interviewed Garrett and Pat for the italian team of the band, which I own. It was a beautiful night, they're just amazing and I love them!

Danielle
xxxx