‹ Prequel: That's What You Get.

To Love And Back.

All We Know

The thing I hated the most about that summer was not being able to see my friends –and most of all my boyfriend- whenever and wherever I wanted them to. Every Monday I wondered when Saturday was about to come and that didn’t help me. I missed my life at ASU more than ever; I loved my parents and being at home wasn’t even that bad but boredom was my worst enemy.
I couldn’t wait to see Kennedy again too: he was one of the people I was missing the most along with Becky and of course John. That weekend I was looking forward to see both of my guys coming with their friends, Garrett included, for a nice Saturday night remembering the parties at their fraternity. I missed every single thing about the life on campus, from the simple routine to those times I didn’t remember where I spent the night at because of a hangover.
Most of all, I missed the nights I used to spend with John all alone.

“Is John coming picking you up?”

“Yes, but don’t worry we won’t even get near my room”

“I’m not worried about that”

“Oh well you sure seemed the other day”

“Do we have to talk about this again?”

“I just think that I don’t need you to make me feel like a stupid who doesn’t know how to prevent sex in front of my boyfriend, I’m not 15 anymore”

“Thank God I didn’t tell anything to your old man”

“And you will keep on keeping your mouth shut about it, right?”

“You have my word grumpy”

I still was mad at my mom for what she said in front of John. I felt so guilty and embarrassed.
That same night she came to my room asking if we were used to have sex every time we saw each others. Here it is, another thing I miss about campus: no one asking me about my sexual activity.
How was I supposed to tell my mom I was used to have sex with John as many times as possible at every hour of the day and basically almost every day?

“Where are my ladies?”

My dad came back from his relaxing trip to Lake Powell with some dudes he knew, where they used to go fishing for a couple of days. I immediately ran to him to get my daily hug and kiss on the forehead. He thought I was his kid-o, and sometimes I liked him to think it.
That’s why my mom had to shut up about what happened and what she saw.

“Did you miss me?”

“Not at all, no” I joked and he smiled.

“What are your plans for tonight? What about a dinner together?”

My mother shook her head “Josh don’t you remember? It’s Saturday”

“What should I remember, Margaret?”

“It’s John day” as soon as my father heard that name, he puffed. It’s not like he hated John, he just wanted him to stay as far as possible from my body when we were all together.
My dad was overprotective and again, I was his princess.

“Do you still prefer him over your old man?”

“I never said that!” he laughed “you know you’re the only man I love, daddy” I did my best to show him my puppy eyes, thing that totally worked as always.

“Damn girl, I can’t be mad at you”

“I promise I won’t be late” I kissed him on the cheek and ran to my room to decide what to wear for the night out, basically the most difficult thing on earth since I wanted to be pretty for John.

In the meanwhile, he texted me saying he was about 10 minutes far, so I panicked because I was still in my underwear: I chose a simple black and blue dress and I pulled my hair up in a pony tail.
I couldn’t wait to hug John and feel those shivers I got every time he touched me.
I heard the noise of an engine in front of my house, so I looked out and there they were. I smiled and ran downstairs to see my parents having dinner, saying goodbye like I was in a rush for work or something. As soon as I got out of my house I saw Kennedy with opened arms who was just waiting for a giant hug. Of course I didn’t deny him one.

“Oh my God! It’s been ages!” he said “you look awesome Andy!”

“Actually it’s like two weeks” John said approaching us “and besides, I’m jealous of the fact you two are hugging like I’m not even here” we both laughed seeing John like that, like he had something to worry about. It was nice to see him jealous.

“Aw, he’s jealous!” Kenny started to provoke him “that’s so sweet Johnny Oh!”

“Jeez go the fuck away Ken, let me kiss my girlfriend” I smiled and waited for his lips to me onto mine. It was a quick kiss because we actually weren’t alone, and because I knew my parents were watching in some creepy way, behind the kitchen window.

“Garrett! How long!” I hugged the weird boy, who looked like the identical copy of Ryan Adams, who became all red. He was shy with girls, but we were good friends. Then it was Jared’s turn, and then Austin’s, Tim’s, Max’s and this new guy named Pat, who was Tim’s younger brother.

“He’s starting at ASU in September” John explained to me while we were walking through downtown Scottsdale (a very little downtown actually, but full of shops) hand in hand, looking for a place where to spend the night all together “he will be our first new pledge”

“John stop trying in every way, I told you” Pat interrupted him “there is no way I’m pledging”

“Then you’re gay”

“I’m not gay!”

“Yes you are, although you would have accepted my nice offer to pledge our awesome fraternity where you will have the chance to know a thousand of beautiful girls every night”

“I don’t care about that!”

“See? You’re gay”

That situation was hilarious “Come on John, leave Pat alone. It’s not like everyone has to be like you who just wants to party all the time” I said.

“Thanks! Thanks Andy! John you’re girlfriend is great, why is she wasting time with a jerk like you?” we all started laughing “what? Why are you all laughing? What did I say?”

“Pat you should know that it took like an year to Andy and John to get together like this, so every moment she is wasting with a jerk like John is worth it” Jared started explaining the whole story to Pat while I was listening, nodding at every word.
The ginger guy was one of the nicest guys I have ever met, and probably the most determined: he never wanted to rush a fraternity since the beginning, and he always was clear about that with his friends. He was studying medicine and he took his future very seriously. He never showed up at a party because he always was studying for becoming a doctor. John was the actual opposite, but lately he had been changing. His graduation was close; just one year and he would have been out.

The night was going great: we optioned for an Irish pub where we could also play pool. I was having a great time with the guys, I always liked their company and sometimes people thought I was a tomboy or something, and yes I kinda was, but lately I was being more girly just because I wanted John to like me every day more and more. I was a sucker for compliments, and I loved when he wasn’t afraid of telling me I was beautiful.

“Do you want to get out of here?” he asked me hugging me from the back while I was watching Austin challenging Kennedy, who was losing. He kissed my cheek and I hugged him tightly.

“There’s no way I’m having sex with you in your truck right now”

“Silly” he laughed “I wasn’t even thinking about that this time”

“You are telling me you just wanted me to come out with you for a walk?”

“Well, not just a walk, I mean cuddling and just kissing would be great anyway”

I smiled and took him by the hand, walking out of the pub. We walked for a while, until we found a bench where to sit on. He asked if I wanted to sit on his lap, and so I did.

“I was waiting for this moment” he confessed

“What time are you going to get back?”

“I don’t know, and that’s a good thing I guess”

“It is” he smiled “I missed you”

“I missed you too babe” I felt his eyes penetrating me “you look amazing tonight” I smiled “actually you always look amazing”

“And you’re always very nice”

“You made me become a very big pussy”

“Because of course, now it’s my entire fault”

“It’s not my fault if I fell in love with you” I stopped replying instantly, blushing “what?”

“I still think it’s weird when I hear you saying it”

“Well I can say it again if you need to get used to it, I’m not afraid” I felt the need to hug him and so I did. I was sure he didn’t expect this “Oh! You’re in a cuddle mood tonight!”

“I just think you’re very sweet”

“And I just think I am very lucky”

I looked in his eyes and felt my heart exploding “I love you John O’Callaghan”

“I love you too Andrea Harris” I smiled again “now let me kiss you, please?”

“You don’t need to ask” I leaned and we finally kissed. It was a cute one, but then as always I started to feel high and dizzy. His lips were my kryptonite. I felt weak near to them.

“Hey, I need to ask you something” I nodded “you know, next week it’s my birthday”

“Next Saturday, yes”

“Exactly… I’m throwing this barbecue thing with my friends and family at mine, and of course I’d like you to be there as well. You can stay at mine, so you can finally meet my family”

“Yes sure” he smiled, but then I stopped “wait. You said your…family? As… your mom and dad?”

“And my two brothers, yeah”

“Well” I suddenly wanted to escape. I was afraid of meeting his family. “I don’t think it’s a good idea, I mean it’s barely two months we are together and I think it would be better if we waited for this big step, I don’t think I’m ready”

“Why are you making such a big deal about this? I mean I met your family”

“Yes, because you’re a good boyfriend”

“What are you even saying Andy? You’re an amazing girlfriend. I want you to meet my family because they know about us and they actually told me to ask you to come to the barbecue, they all want to meet you, especially my mom! It will be cool!”

“Are you sure it’s a good idea?”

“I’m 100% sure Andy. I want my family to meet the girl I love, and I want you to meet my amazing family. You will love them, believe me. Besides, you probably met Ross once already. He’s not that bad, isn’t he?”

I shook my head “No, he’s a good guy”

“That would mean the world to me, if you came”

I sighed “Ok I will” he kissed my cheek “I hope they will like me. I’m not used to this”

“They will love you Andy. Everybody does!”

“Do you?”

“Of course” he kissed me again, this time more passionately.
We headed back when he received a call from Kennedy saying that Austin was drunk –again- and they had to go back before it was too late. He also wanted to punch the bartender in the face.
Austin was the rebel of the crew. He always wanted to fight, and sometimes he was very arrogant, but I was sure he wasn’t necessarily a bad guy. He just liked to show he was the man.
Typical masculine behavior.

John brought me home quite early, and kissed me like it was the last time.
Well it was, until the next week. I got in and fortunately no one was waiting for me in the kitchen.
I walked to my room and thought about the night. I was about to meet John’s family, and that was the step that would have put our relationship to the definition of a real serious one.
Was I ready to that step?
Ready or not, that question didn’t let me sleep for the whole night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Hello nice people!:)
So! Here I finally am posting a new chapter. I know you've been waiting a lot more than usual but I was very busy with college. Now I'm kinda free so I paid my dues!!
Second chapter of the sequel...still very "quiet" but nice, John and Andy are so cute!
And what about the guys, Pat Jared and Austin!New characters very useful to the story...
But still we have to meet two new people who will be a lot hated from all of you ahah!

I have a couple of news for you!
- I have a BAND!! Yes! I am the lead singer :) We need a band name, and I need a liiiittle help from all of you: I ask you to put in your comment a name, a suggestion...because we are very out of ideas :/ Please?
- I am now 24 years old YAYYY! I turned 24 last Monday. And on the same day I did an exam at college and I got the highest mark so I'm freaking happy!

Please keep on reading and commenting my stories, all of them. I will try to update all of them soon, I promise!

Any predictions anyway? What will happen at that barbecue????
I have a very evil idea AHAH.

I love you all! Thanks for the comment and subscriptions.

Danielle
xxxx