‹ Prequel: That's What You Get.

To Love And Back.

Ready Or Not

“Oh come on Andy, it’s not like you’re going on war!”

“John was beyond scared when he got to have dinner with us all for the first time, why can’t I be nervous about meeting his family?!”

“You are making a huge deal about it! It’s John’s birthday and you would have gone there anyways for the weekend, it just happens that as he still lives with his parents, you will have to meet them too. It’s nothing to worry about!”

“Well because you are saying you weren’t nervous when you met grandma for the first time”

“Of course I was, but if you want this relationship to be serious you have to make this step, sooner or later”

“This relationship is already serious to me!”

“Then make it more serious”

“What is the point in knowing his parents!?”

“What was the point for him to meet us? And you know your father isn’t still happy about him, but still he is happy for you because he wants you happy. I’m sure his parents are going to love you”

“Remember your last words when I’m not going to get home on Monday” my mom opened the door and we made our way out.

“Andy, get in the car” she ordered as if I was one of his kids in school.

“Ok” I obeyed and sat in the passenger seat.

I was freaking out about going to Tempe to that damn barbecue. I was very happy to see John on his birthday because I had two presents for him, but on the other hand I was shaking. I was so nervous and of course it was because of meeting his family. I knew his mom was a cool woman, everyone told me, but still. Maybe she was overprotective as my dad was with me. Maybe she was jealous of his son; I know a lot of moms are. You can’t be liked by anyone, so maybe that was my turn.
For the whole trip to Tempe I bit my nails and sighed every five seconds. I was sure my mom was about to open the door to throw me out of the car. I never was as afraid as that day.
I would have done bungee jumping, I would have shared a bath with sharks: nothing was as scary as meeting your boyfriend’s family. I didn’t like to be judged and I didn’t want Mr. and Mrs. O’Callaghan to think I wasn’t good for their son.
Now I knew what John felt when he had to meet my parents, and how hypocrite I was telling him everything would have been alright. I mean, it was alright in the end, no blood anywhere, and my dad didn’t killed him, so everything went great. But still, I now knew how he felt that night.
In just a word: terribly.

“Here we are, look how many cars out here. He must have a lot of friends”

“Mom, save it”

“Ok, ok, boring girl. Now go and have fun” that sentence totally brought me back to my childhood, when my mom used to bring me to the birthday party of some classmate kid on 5th grade “And chill out. Everything’s going to be fine”

“The famous last words” she sighed and gave me a look that totally meant ‘stop being a pussy and go inside’. I got off the car with a big bad in one hand and a cake in the other.
I thought it was nice to bring something to eat for the barbecue, and as I had a lot of spare time before the weekend, I started reading books about how to bake a cake for dummies.
I walked to the front door of the O’Callaghan’s house, and rang the bell under the family name.
It was like 4pm and I didn’t tell John what time I was about to show up, because I wanted it to be a surprise. When the door opened, I faced a kid who probably had like 15 years old.

“Yes”

“Hi, I’m…”

The kid looked into the house and started shouting to someone “Hey! Hey you asshole! Yes you! You should greet your guest and not me! I guess this one’s for you, unfortunately! You always get the hot girls, what you have more than me, you can’t even grow a pair of mustaches” at that statement, I knew he was talking to John.

Finally, John appeared and when he saw me, he looked like he saw Jesus Christ.

“Andy!? I didn’t expect you! Well I did, but you didn’t tell me you were going to be here now!”

“Well don’t they call it a surprise?”

“Hell yeah if they do! Come inside! Do you want some help?” he grabbed my bag and told me to follow him into the house. I shyly entered and looked around to see if someone I knew was around, like Kennedy for example.

“Mom! Dad! Look who finally came!” I was hoping that moment was about to come later in the night, not as soon as I got into. But apparently John was very excited about me meeting his old man and woman. After a couple of minutes two people approached us, and I think I was going to die.
Literally.

“You must be the famous Andy!” a middle aged woman with blond hair walked to me “we finally have the chance to meet you!” I knew then she was John’s mother, the famous Jenny O’Callaghan who cooked precious apple pies. John constantly talked about her and her cakes.

“Nice to meet you Mrs. O’Callaghan”

“Jenny, just Jenny” I smiled weakly, and then looked to the tall man who showed up next to her. He had grey hair and mustaches and he really looked like his son.

“Andrea, nice to meet you, John told us a lot about you”

I shook hands with the old man who introduced himself as John. Yes, you got it right.
He was John Cornelius O’Callaghan the fourth. Still not the original, but close to it.

“My pleasure Mr. O’Callaghan” he smiled to me and suddenly I felt better.
It wasn’t that bad after all.

“This one’s for you” I said giving Mrs. O’Callaghan my cake “they wouldn’t ever compete with yours but it was worth a try” the woman laughed and took it to bring it to the kitchen.

“Thanks honey. John, show her the guest room” John looked at me with a grin and walked up to the second floor. I followed him and entered a bedroom, which I knew would have been mine for the night. As soon as he dropped my bag on the bed, his lips were on mine.

“Hello” I giggled “see? It wasn’t that bad”

“I know, I just over reacted to the thought of it I guess”

“Are you ok now?”

“Totally better”

He smiled “Great. I’m so happy you’re here” he came closer again, opening his arms, until I found my place into them.

“I’m happy too. And by the way, Happy Birthday!” he smiled wide “I have two presents for you”

“Two? WOW! It should be my birthday every fucking day then!” I laughed at his childish behavior. I opened my bag to find another little one, which contained his gift, and I gave it to him.

“What is it?”

“Open it and see yourself” John opened the bad and looked flashed when he noticed the denim shirt I bought him “you like it?”

“Like it? Love it! It’s amazing; I was looking for one of these! Thank you babe!” he kissed my cheek and I giggled again. I was happy to see him happy. “But hey, what’s the second gift?”

I got closer to his ear and whispered softly “You’ll have to wait tonight for that”.

His smile became a luxurious grin “I’m so going to love this birthday”

“Now go downstairs, I have to get changed”

“Why? You look good like this!”

“Nah, I want to look pretty”

“You always look pretty Andy”

“Well, then prettier”

“If that’s possible. You can’t be more perfect than the way you already are” I smiled while looking for the dress I wanted to wear for that night.

“I always think the same for you”

“I’m so going to regret the fact I’m not having sex with you right now”

“Just because you can’t”

“I really need to get out of here before it’s too late. But if you want I can watch you while you change, it’s good to me!”

I laughed “John, get out. I’ll see you downstairs”

“Got it. See you downstairs pretty lady” he kissed my forehead before heading out the room. I smiled and started to get prepared for the real barbecue. The dress I chose was all black and simple, but I had to wear heels on it. I hoped that nobody thought I looked like a slut. I just wanted John to like me. It was his birthday, and I knew he would have appreciated the fact I was dressing like that for the occasion. I chose to put a little bit of make up on my face and a beautiful red lip gloss I never used before. My hair was pulled up a bit but still straight and down on my back.
I could even say I felt sexy.

I made my way down and walked to the rear of the O’Callaghan’s house, where I heard a lot of people talking and laughing. I walked into the garden and all eyes were on me.
I looked out for John who was walking to me with bloodshot eyes, and with a beer in his hand.

“Andy you are stunning” he kissed my cheek and I really felt uncomfortable with all eyes on us.

“Thanks” I blushed and noticed he was wearing my shirt “you look good with it!”

“My stylish has good taste” I smiled “I seriously am jealous of all the people who are looking at you. Even of women”

“Well you don’t have to worry about it” he took me by the hand then, and we walked to a couple of guys who were drinking and laughing. I greeted Austin, Jared, Garrett and Pat, but Kennedy wasn’t there. I looked around but he was nowhere to be found. Almost about to ask John about him, I felt two hands covering my eyes. It was his joke, so I knew who it was.

“Kenny you don’t fool me anymore”

“Damn it Andy! You never lose at this”

“I always told you I recognize it’s you because you wash your hand after peeing” they all laughed

“Kennedy is such a good boy” Austin said, before Mrs. O’Callaghan could call John out loud.
Everybody turn around and so did I.

“John, look who is here!” next to her it was a girl, a very beautiful one.
She had blonde hair and a beautiful body, from what I could see and from what she was wearing.
John was still holding my hand so I followed him to meet the girl who I was curious about.

“Erin!?” John immediately recognized her “Hey, welcome back! It has been a year!”

The two hugged each other and I really didn’t like the way she was touching him.
Maybe it was just in my mind but I felt something in the air, like it happened with Jules at the party where everything started to change. Suddenly something brought me back to that night.
Suddenly I felt like I was living a threat all over again. By looking at her and the way she was looking at John I suddenly realized it: that Erin was going to be a problem, and a very big one.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is where drama begins!
I told you it was coming pretty early. And it has just started! Don't hate me, ahah!

So, what do you think? John and Andy are so adorable together, and FINALLY I'd say!
How long do you think this will last?

Thank you very much for the comments, but still I'm a bit disappointed! Where are all the subscribers I had in the prequel? And what about the comments? Come on readers, don't be shy and leave a comment! I won't eat you LOL.

I'm listening to the new YMAS album, a very good one but I still prefer Hold Me Down.
And! I have some ideas for the name of my band. Tell me which one you prefer:
1) Saints & Sinners
2) On The Other Side
3) We Apologize For Nothing
We need help! We have a show on the 11th of November and we need a name by then.

Thanks again!

Danielle
xxx