‹ Prequel: That's What You Get.

To Love And Back.

What Do You Want From Me?

And then it came very fast, the day we all had to go back to ASU.
I wasn’t really looking forward to it, and I guess we all could know the reason why.
The only good things about the new year at college were seeing John everyday and being in my sorority again. There wasn’t other thing that really cheered me up.
I was living in a constant state of anxiety since John’s birthday, by knowing there was someone like Erin waiting for me to fall, just to pick up John’s pieces.

“Look who’s back!” as soon as I saw Rebecca, we hugged like it was ages we didn’t see each others. She was tanned and beautiful as always. Her blonde hair were even longer and she really looked good.

“You look amazing!” she thanked me and I knew that I didn’t as good as she did. Having too much thoughts in my head made my face become a sad and worried frown.

“How have you been sister?”

“Oh well, I’m good”

“What did you do for the whole summer? You look so pale!”

“There’s nothing much to do in Scottsdale”

“There are some good outlets and shops there, there’s always something to do, like… shopping!”

I laughed “you know I’m not a fan”

“Yes, and I know you’re boring!” she wasn’t that wrong “just kidding. So, where’s your boyfriend? How are things with the hot O’Callaghan?”

I just shrugged my shoulder. I didn’t want to talk about my relationship right there and then, but Becca was curious as hell and sooner or later I knew I had to ansie to all her questions about it.

“It’s ok. What about you and Alex?”

She puffed “Oh, well, we broke up” weird she wasn’t wining about it 24/7.

“What happened?”

“Looks like he cheated on me while he was on holiday in Australia. I found it out and told him to fuck off. I mean what do Aussie girls have more than me?”

“Ehm… the accent?”

“Or maybe the fact that they live down under make them act like they are open to get guys to visit their down under!”

I burst into a giant laugh “Rebecca, come on!”

“I’m just saying, just saying”

“I’m sorry you two broke up”

“I’m not. He doesn’t deserve me” I nodded “If a guy cheats on you, he doesn’t love you at all”

I started to feel weird by thinking that a guy like Alex, who always looked so in love with my friend, cheated on her. She trusted him and he felt weak in front of another girl.
John could have done the same, then? I tried to stop thinking about it but it seemed impossible, especially when Rebecca started to ask me about us again, when we were settling our bedroom.

“So, tell me about you and your J-boyfriend!”

“There’s nothing to tell, I mean, we do the usual stuff a couple does”

“Is the sex still good?”

“What kind of question is this!?”

She laughed hard “It’s just a question, come on answer it”

“Yes, the sex is still good” I smiled and felt chills in my stomach. John was the best lover I have ever had, and the fact we were together didn’t change anything in bed.

“Then what’s the problem? You seem different. I thought you would have been excited to come back and see him everyday”

“I am Becks, I really am” I sighed, hoping she would have bought it.

“Then why you look so sad? You looked happier when you just had sex with him”

“Believe me, I’m happy. I’m just sad summer is over” and that’s when I started lying to one of my best friends.

“If you say so” she got closer to me and told me she missed me, making me smile “I can’t wait to meet other guys and go to proper parties, I hope the Theta Chi will throw one soon”

“I bet they will, probably a homecoming one”

“you should tell your boyfriend”

“I will as soon as I see him”

“Is he already here?”

“I don’t know, probably. I will call him later”

“Good girl. Listen, I’m going downstairs to greet the other sisters. Are you coming?”

“Yes, give me a second” she nodded and got out the room. Rebecca’s question always made me nervous, but I was glad to see her so happy even if she broke up with Alex.

I kept on tiding the bedroom, taking out stuff from my bags. The first thing I took in my hands was a frame picture of me and John, where we both look very happy. I didn’t understand why I felt so weird about us now, even if I knew I could trust him. I just felt something was wrong.

I got back downstairs to see my other sisters and they all asked me about my new relationship.
By looking around the house, I noticed someone was missing.

“Where is Jules?” I asked Becca

“Didn’t you know? She’s not coming back to ASU. Her parents splitted up and she was sent to Florida with her mother”

I couldn’t be more relieved to know that news. Jules was not going to be a problem anymore.
I couldn’t wait to tell Kennedy about it: I got out and walked down the street, where there was the Theta Chi house. As my sorority house, it didn’t change at all.
I entered the big old building and called John and Kenny’s names, but no one was apparently around. I decided to walk upstairs, and that’s when I saw Kennedy coming out of John’s room.

“Hey, there you are!”

Kennedy jumped like I scared him “Andy! Hello! Come here!” we hugged and as soon as I caught my breath I told him the news. He looked as happy as I was to hear it.

“I wasn’t really looking forward to see her actually, I’m so glad she’s not coming back”

I nodded “So, is John in his room?”

“Oh yeah, he’s in there” I thanked him and watched as he entered his bedroom.
I knocked on John’s bedroom door and his voice told me to go in. As he saw me his lips became a wide smile; he kissed me briefly and closed the door behind us.

“You’re finally here! I was waiting for a text or something”

“I was waiting for a text as well actually”

“I’m sorry, I hate missunderstandings” while we were talking, he kept on hanging pictures on the wall, where we were together in most of them “I came here with Kennedy and Garrett, I would have called you later anyway” I nodded but stayed silent “what’s wrong?”

“Nothing” he looked at me and I knew he didn’t believe me at all “I swear, this time I mean it”

“I hope so” he stopped going back and forth in the room and he walked to me, until we would be able to look into each others’ eyes “This year will be better, I promise”

“I hope so” I said as he smiled “so, what are you doing tonight?”

“I have a date with my beautiful girlfriend” I smiled and kissed him, keeping our lips together while we got closer to his bed. I laid down and he did the same, onto me. Our kisses became heated and he was about to take my shirt off, before Kennedy could step into the bedroom.

“John, I was wondering” he saw us and he started screaming “Oh my God! I’m so sorry! Oh God!” we laughed as Kennedy ran out the room closing the door behind him.

“At least he’s not my dad” John laughed hard “you would be dead by now”

“That’s what I meant by saying it will be better” I laughed and hugged him, feeling my heart beating fast, looking into his green eyes and believing his words once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it finally is. I'm sorry if you always have to wait a lot for an update.

Something bad happened to my laptop and it basically died the other day. I lost everything I had on it and the stories as well, thank God I had already posted everything I wrote.
I have this other computer now which is a little bit old but at least it work kinda properly so I will be able to update anyway, but it could happen that my update will not be very fast.
I'm very sorry about it. Just be patient and hopefully I'll be able to get back with another laptop soon. Also the other stories could be probably be inactive for a while, you just need to wait, don't be mad at meee :(

Anyway, this is just a filler about coming back at college for everyone. Jules is gone but Erin is the new problem now. I don't really like this chapter, I wrote it too fast because I was sorry you had to wait so much.

Thank you for sticking up with the story and thanks for the comments and such.
I love you!

Danielle
xxxx