Your Guardian Angel

Your Guardian Angel

Your Guardian Angel

When I see your smile
Tears run down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
Seasons are changing and waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Cuz you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
Cuz I'm here for you
Please don't walk away and
Please tell me you'll stay

Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be okay
Though my skies are turning gray

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven.


******

Caleb turned his head towards his girlfriend, Adelaide and smiled. Today would be their 7th anniversary. They were on their way to a small Italian restaurant where they would have a meal, and Caleb would finally propose. Everything was going to be perfect.

They sat at the table and ordered their food and a small glass of wine each. A vase with three red roses was stood in the middle of the table, with rose petals scattered gently across it. Their food came and they finished it. Romantic music was playing in the background quietly. Caleb took Adelaide’s hand in his and smiled sweetly.

“I love you so much. I’ll be with you, all the time. I promise.” He took a small black velvet box out of his pocket and got down onto one knee.

“Will you spend the rest of your life with me and become my wife?” He opened the box and sat on the small cushion was a simple but elegant ring with a small, shining diamond sparkling in the light. Adelaide didn’t hesitate at all. She just simply smiled.

“Yes.” He slipped the ring onto her finger, got up and kissed her lightly. They talked for a 10 more minutes and then Caleb got up and paid the bill.

They went for a walk along the seafront, watching the waves crash into the beach. Hand in hand they walked for ages. The moon shone brightly, it was a clear night, the stars looked down at them. They got to the pier and started to cross the road. A blue car came speeding towards them, two drunk teenagers in the front. They both froze, didn’t know what to do. Caleb pushed Adelaide out of harm’s way and got hit by the car.

Everything happened really fast. Adelaide didn’t know what had happened until she saw Caleb on the ground, blood oozing from various wounds across his battered body. She ran to him, kneeling down, she moved his hair out of his face. Tears poured down her mascara stained cheeks. His pulse was fading and fast.

“C…C…Caleb, stay with me, please.” She sobbed, sirens wailing in the distance. His eyes focused on hers. He lifted his hand to hers and gripped it tightly.

“I’ll be with you, all the time. I promise.” She kissed his soft lips, tears running from her face and dripping onto his. He took his last breath.

“I love you.” He closed his eyes. He was gone. Adelaide held his body to hers. The warmth from his body slowly draining.

6 Months Later

Adelaide sighed to herself. It was just another day to her. She picked up the ring from her bedside table and put it on her finger. She refused to take it off that finger.

As Caleb had promised, he never left her side. He was always with her. While she was still alive, he came back in spirit. Whenever she sat down, he’d sit next to her, whenever she went to bed, he’d lie next to her. She always felt him near her.

Adelaide started the 10 minute journey to work. She went to go cross the busy road when she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around just as a huge lorry came speeding past, running over the place where she had just stood two seconds ago. No one had stood behind. Confused, she looked all around her. A little note fell in front of her and landed at her feet.

Even if saving you sends me to heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Czaree for coming up with the names :D
And I suggest you go listen to this song, but don't listen to it whilst reading it, it makes you cry, seriously.
=]