Status: One Shot

Everyone's Just Warped

A Day In The Life Of A Concert Goer

I could have been walking in a sauna and it wouldn't have made a difference to me. It was warped, and it was hot. So what? For an Alabama native, it could have been worse. But the mosh pits were.. undesirable. For me, the only reason this warped was any different was that I was alone. All my friends decided that music isn't as important to them anymore.

Excuse me? Music is my life, it saved my life. That's not the point. The point is, I'm walking around like a loser, and I don't know what to do. Some screamo band is playing on a stage I have no intention on going to, so wandering will do for right now.

Each step left a flopping noise, and I knew that it was a constant reminder that it was the only pair of footsteps I would be hearing next to me. A cute guy was in front of me though, and because I was alone, this seemed to be a good time for my inner courage to spring out.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Not much, waiting for the hoard," he mumbled. His hand ran through his dark, shaggy hair. It was so.. familiar. Where did I know him from? School? No couldn't be. He seemed too old for that.

"Hoard? When's the next good show?" I pondered, wondering what he could possibly mean.

"Glamour Kills, at five," He snickered loudly, as if it was some kind of joke. I tried to remember who played then.. Not Sparks the Rescue.. S something..

The Summer Set. Oh shit. I was having a face to face conversation with Stephen Gomez. My cheeks burned and I tried to play it up like it was the heat.

"You think so? I heard they were no good," I jokingly replied. I didn't want this conversation to end quite yet.

"Me too, but I go for the hot members," Stephen laughed honestly. His laugh was unbelievably genuine. This seemed kind of genuine in itself. From what I recall of tumblr, Stephen's a pretty controversial kid, and doesn't smile much.

"I heard the bassist is a pretty hot ticket," I played along. He looked up from his vans to catch my eyes. They were brown. Not a special brown either. Just a plain brown. Yet I couldn't look away.

He must have said something that I didn't hear cause the next thing he said was, "Hey kid, you all there?"

"Yeah, and I'm no kid. I'm probably older than you."

"Wanna bet? I'm 22."

"Damn, I turn 22 in a couple of weeks," I mentioned, not exactly knowing why I let him know that.

"Well like I was saying, cause I know you weren't listening, it's not all about the members," He suddenly sounded mature for his age. "Some people actually enjoy live music."

"I was listening, I just got distracted.." I mumbled. How could I not get distracted with looks like that? "But I agree. Warped is the only reason I have to push through the rest of the year."

"I know what you mean. You know what, I haven't even introduced myself properly. I'm Stephen."

"I know who you are." The smile on his face was impeccable.

"Why don't I know you then?" His voice was kind of shaking, or maybe that was the bass from across the parking lot.

"You don't look in the right places I guess." We stood there for a little while, silence making more noise then I could ever believe. The best part was that there were people passing us like we were normal concert goers. I lifted my hand to ruffle my own hair, and Stephen did the same. My lips curled into a smile, and his into a half smile. I swear he was adorable as hell. I figured, why not tease him a little bit?

"Oh Stephen, Stephen! Can I get a picture of you?!" I fake fangirled. He reached for my face and tried to cover my mouth, but I quickly dodged him. "Stephen Gomez, oh my god!"

His face dawned a wicked smile. "If I take a picture will you stop?"

I crinkled my nose. "Maybe." I emphasized the e and grinned playfully at him. Our faces were close. My hands clenched on the camera, making sure it was still there.

"What kind of picture do you want?"

"Surprise me," I said, already knowing that before I took the picture I would kiss him on the cheek.

I held the camera in front of our faces, making sure to capture both of us.

"3, 2,"

Before I touched the button, I twisted my head and reached for his cheek. I pushed the button before reaching his face, which was.. Moist? My eyelids fluttered to see exactly what I was kissing. I pulled away to find that Stephen Gomez's lips were on mine.

"I- You said.. surprise?" He said in a quiet tada voice.

"I like surprises." I barely mumbled before reaching forward for his lips. They pushed against mine, and I could feel a smile under them.

I was kissing Stephen Gomez, and I had photographic evidence.

Maybe warped tour alone isn't so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice little waste of time I thought.
Comments?