Once In A Blue Moon

Chapter 27

July 3, 2009

6:43 p.m.

Mom's Home.

They didn't react in anyway I thought they would well mom anyway They were completely silent okay again mom was Dad well dad was more angry that Alton told so angry he almost busted the t.v.

"Cher I think you should--"

"--HA! RIGHT! I'm going to leave leave my little brother with some psychopath for a dad and a crazy person for a mother YA! totally NOT!"

"It's not like that really its--"

"--Mom your insane how dare--"

"--You don't talk to your mother--"

"--Come on Alton we're out of here!"

* * *

"Alton seriously what do you want to do? Max and my salary doesn't--"

"--I know I know!"

"I can only take care of--"

"--No I was planning on starting over any way you know new family and all"

"But... Really?"

I didn't notice getting everything out would change more then anything!

* * *

"Yes... Okay Yes Ma'am"

When Alton hung up the phone he sounded so happy I couldn't help but smile.

"There coming today with in the hour she said then I can be put into a new family within the next three days!"

"Is that what--"

"--Cher You keep asking me this the answer isn't going to change!"

"Okay"

I didn't try to talk anymore I could feel the tears coming. I was losing my brother I only had a hour to say good bye, but how do you say good bye to some one your not ready to leave?

I wouldn't know.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

July 3 2009

7:58 p.m.

Home.

"Don't worry Miss. Sulmon, Who ever his new family is they'll treat him right"

"What will happen to my dad and--"

"--Yes both your father and grandfather will be arrested"

"Uh well I suppose they had it coming to them"

"Now tell us Miss. Sulmon they have never treated you off? Or hit you in anyway?"

I remembered long ago when my dad had slipped up and hit me I can't believe I was stupid enough to not realize it, but he was a monster I swore to Max he wasn't like that but he was hetruly was.

"No he never did am I aloud to see Alton?"

"That will be up to his new family"

"...Okay let me say good bye, just in case"

"I'll be waiting down stairs just send him down when your done"

"Okay"

I watched the child authority woman leave before I turned around to face Alton.

"Alton theres a great chance I--"

"--Yeah I know but don't worry if we don't I'll be 18 in five years I'll come look for ya"

"You have to remember I'll be 21, EW, I'll be old!"

"Your already old"

I tried to laugh but couldn't I hadn't realized I was crying Alton bear hugged me I hugged back and didn't let go I wasn't ready for the goodbye.

"I'll miss you Cher"

"Miss you all ready Al"

"Take care of your self mom and Max to!"

I could barely make out his words because they were muffled from my shirt but I managed.

"Will do and make sure you write I want to know how your family is"

He stepped back and held me at my shoulders. He gave this big smile and said:

"No matter who I call mom and dad, you'll always be my big sister!"

He pecked me on the cheek grabbed his bag and stopped at the door

"Bye 'Cher Bear'"

My childhood nickname he made up Then he closed the door and I could hear the elevator go "ding" as it closed behind him.

"Bye 'Al Pal'"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

July 4, 2009

3:04 a.m.

Home.

I felt a hand on my face. I woke up and stared around.

"Its just me Max, sorry to wake you Cher but you nearly took my head off you were tossing all night"

"Oh, heh heh, sorry Max"

I used my hands to search for his face but his lips found mine first

"Don't worry about Alton, He'll be wonderful, try to go--"

"--What if his family is worst what if--"

"--What if your worrying for nothing what if they're amazing?"

We laughed for a minute the I signed. He touched my cheek with his palm and wiped the tear away.

"Really Cher, he'll be better taken care of at his new house then he was at your Fathers!"

"Yeah your right maybe he'll even have a little brother or sister he can boss around"

"He'll be happy don't you worry"

I laid there I waited to hear Max's little snores they were twice as loud only because my ear was on his chest.

I realized as I laid there he was right, he'll be happy he won't have a father or grandfather to hurt him he won't have a mother to ignore it or a sister who was blind towards it.

He'll be happy so happy he'll forget about his old family five minutes ago that would of made me cry but not now I just want him to be happy and Max or mom or even me will remind him of the hell he once lived in.

But... It's over he moved on he's free and I couldn't be more happy for him.

EPILOGUE:

Why do they call it a blue moon when in fact its not blue at all? I once wondered that I used to think about it all the time, but that was long ago before I found Max and before Mike Moss or Kyle Gliiff, before my brother left and got a new family.

I never knew but now if you would of asked I would tell you they call it a blue moon not because its blue Which its not (its orange) but because it is when there is a full moon twice in one month.

It only happens once in a while hence the saying "Once In A Blue Moon", But who has time to think about stuff like the moon and the stars, or friends and family, when they have so much going on that they can barely think at all?

I don't have that time, But I sure make room for it any way.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
Enjoy.....

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." ~Rose Kennedy