Status: ON HOLD!!! *Sorry*

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 15

'thoughts'

Alyson P.O.V

"What happened to Merope?" I asked immediately worrying about the poor little girl back in the memory.

"Oh she survived." Dumbledore said returning to his desk and indicated for both Harry and me to sit down, "Ogden apparated back to the Ministry and returned with reinforcements within fifteen minutes of his departure. Morfin and his father attempted to fight but both were overpowered. Removed from the cottage, and convicted by the Wizengamot. Morfin, who already had a record of muggle attacks, was sentenced to three years in Azkaban. Marvalo, who had injured several Ministry employees in addition to Ogden, received six months."

"Marvolo?" Harry asked standing up with wide eyes. Dumbledore smiled and nodded.

"That old man was?" Harry didn't finish.

"Voldemort's grandfather" Dumbledore said, "Marvolo, his son, Morfin, and his daughter, Merope, were the last of the Gaunts. A very ancient Wizarding family noted for a vein of instability and violence that flourished through the generations due to their habit of marrying their own cousins. Lack of sense coupled with a great liking for grandeur meant that the family gold was squandered several generations before Marvolo was born. He was left in squalor and poverty, with a very nasty temper, a fantastic amount of arrogance and pride, and a couple of family heirlooms that he treasured just as much as his son but more than his daughter since she was a Squib."

"So Merope…… Granpa does that mean that she was Voldemort's mother?" I gasped.

"It does and it so happens that we also had a glimpse of Voldemort's father, did you two notice?" Dumbledore asked.

"The man on the horse, the one that Morfin attacked." I said recalling back.

"Very good Alyson. You were paying attention" Dumbledore said, "Yes that was Tom Riddle Senior. The handsome Muggle who used to go riding past the Gaunt cottage and for whom Merope Gaunt cherished a secret, burning passion."

‘Hmm, now I know where Voldemort got his good looks from.’ I thought and Harry heard it.

"You think Voldemort's cute?" Harry asked aloud. Dumbledore looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "When he was sixteen, yah. Now? Hell no, he looks like a snake." Dumbledore chuckled.

“How do you know what he looks like when he was 16?”

Let’s just say. I have my ways.” I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes. "And Harry, don't blurt out my thoughts please." I said a little too sweetly that reminded Harry of Umbridge.

"Ok Umbridge." Harry joked.

I nudged Harry in the arm, "Don’t compare me to that horrible woman. And her name is Umbitch, not Umbridge."

"So did they end up married?" Harry ignored my comment and asked Dumbledore.

Dumbledore shook his head. "Then..." Harry began.

"Can you not think of any measure Merope could have taken to make Tom Riddle forget his muggle companion and fall in love with her instead?" Dumbledore quizzed.

"The Imperius Curse?" Harry suggested.

"Love Potion?" I added.

Dumbledore nodded, "Yes. Both the Imperius Curse and a love potion would work. I think she used a love potion. I think it would have seemed more romantic for her. It wouldn't be very difficult either. Some hot day, Tom Riddle is riding along and Merope comes out with a pitcher of water and persuades him to drink some. Anyway within a few months of the scene we witnessed the little village had something to gossip about when the son of a squire ran off with the village scum's daughter Merope."

"So what happened to Marvolo after his time in Azkaban?" Harry asked.

"He expected to find Merope waiting for his return with a hot meal all ready for him and the house nice and clean. What he did find was no daughter and an inch layer of dust on every surface and a note of her farewell explaining what she done." Dumbledore said.

"What did he do after that?" I asked, "I'm pretty sure he was very furious to say the least."

"From what I have been able to discover, he never mentioned her name or existence from that time forth. The shock of her departure may have contributed to his early death or he never learned how to cook for himself. He was weakened by Azkaban and he did not live to see Morfin return." Dumbledore said.

"And what happened to Merope?" I asked again, "She died didn't she? Voldemort was brought up in an orphanage right?" Dumbledore nodded. "Why didn't Voldemort stay with his dad then?" Brenda asked.

"Tom left Merope after a year of marriage while Merope was pregnant with their son." Dumbledore said.

"What went wrong?" Harry asked.

"I believe that Merope was deeply in love with Tom that she didn't want his love to be forced. So she stopped giving him the potion and hoped that Tom fell in love with her during that year or that he will stay for their baby's sake. She was wrong on both accounts and left her and their unborn son, and he never troubled to discover what has happened to either one of them." Dumbledore said.

Harry and I were done asking questions by then.

"Well I think that is enough for tonight, I think it's time for you two to return to Gryffindor Tower." Dumbledore said. The both of us nodded and stood up.

"Sir... is it important to know all this about Voldemort's past?" Harry turned back and asked.

"Very important." Dumbledore said.

"And it has something to do with the prophecy right?" I asked.

"It has everything to do with the prophecy." Dumbledore said.

"Are we aloud to tell Ron and Hermione of everything you told us?" Harry asked.

Dumbledore thought for a moment and then nodded and smiled, "Yes, I think Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger have proved themselves trustworthy. But I am going to ask you to ask them not to repeat any of this to anybody else. It would not be a good idea if word got around how much I know or suspect about Lord Voldemort's secrets."

"No sir, We'll make sure it's just Ron and Hermione." I said, "Good night."

"Good night." Dumbledore said.

"Good night sir." Harry said.

"Good night."

Harry and I turned and started for the door but then something familiar caught my eyes. It was a ring that looked like the one on Marvolo's finger, but this time the black stone on the ring was cracked.

"Granpa." I began.

"Yes?" Dumbledore asked.

"That ring." I pointed toward it.

"I remember you wearing it when you came to visit me weeks ago." I continued.

"Yes I was." Dumbledore said.

"But isn't it? That's the same ring Marvolo Gaunt showed Ogden." I stated.

Dumbledore nodded, "The very same."

"But... Have you always had it?" I asked.

"No, I acquired it very recently." Dumbledore said, "A few days before I went to pay you a visit."

"That would be around the time you injured your hand then. I’m a right?" I asked.

"Around that time yes." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Sir, how exactly did……" Harry began.

"Too late tonight, you shall hear the story another time. Good night you two." Dumbledore said.

"Good night Professor." Harry and I said and then we left the office and headed towards Gryffindor Tower. We had a lot of information for Ron and Hermione. When we got back to the common room, Hermione and Ron were both on the couch waiting up for us.

"So? What did Dumbledore teach you?" Ron asked.

"We learned a lot." Harry said.

"Good, what did you learn?" Ron asked eagerly. Harry turned to me and smirked. I didn’t need to read his mind to know what is he thinking.

"We'll tell you tomorrow." Harry and I said together.

"No, I can't wait that long." Ron protested.

"Ronald they are obviously tired. We can wait until tomorrow." Hermione said.

"But I don't want to wait that long." Ron whined.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him, "Fine. We'll tell you." Harry and I filled them in with every information Dumbledore has told us just now.

"And you must keep it a secret." I warned. The three of us turn towards Ron focusing mostly on him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Ron asked. Hermione rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

“Think we all should head to bed now. Quidditch try outs tomorrow.” Harry said.

“Tell me again. Why did you decide to hold Quidditch tryouts tomorrow?” I turned to him. “It’s a Sunday. Everybody wants to sleep in. No one is going to come.” Harry just shrugged in response. I notice Ron was fidgeting with his fingers.

“Worried Ron?” I tease him about it. I’m horrible.

“N-N-O. What gives you the idea?” Ron stuttered. I was trying to hold back laughter.

I nodded my head towards his hands that were now wet, “Your palms are sweating.”

"What are you worrying about Ron? You're already on the team." Harry said.

"I want to try out again. You never know there could be a better keeper than me." Ron said.

"Oh. Speaking about that Ginny wants to try out again too." Hermione piped in.

"Just great. So now I have to find a keeper, two chaser and two beaters?" Harry sighed, "That's more than half the team."

“Or you could convince her to not. I’m quite sure she will listen.” I smirked at him. Harry blush a faint pink that only Hermione and I noticed. We both chuckled softly. Ron was just too nervous to notice anything.

"Chill Ron. You'll be great and you'll get Keeper again. I'm sure of it." Harry reassure him with a smile.

"Ok. But I don't want to be on the team just because I'm your best mate and all. I want to win fair and square." Ron replied.

“I second that. Don’t choose me just because I’m your sister.” Harry nodded and the four of us head our separate ways to our dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in a day. :) Yay to me!! I'm really free so i made up mind to post another chapter. This is a treat to all my wonderful readers for this story. Thank you for sticking with this story. I may not be the best writer but I'm trying my best to make it better every time.

I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter.

PLEASE PLEASE
COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!!!!