The Fairytale

Prologue

My life is a fairytale. I got married to a prince, it was love at first sight and we rode off into the sunset on his trusty steed. We had an evil doer try to keep us apart but with help from my fairy godmother we were able to be together again. We had a beautiful wedding, I wore the most gorgeous gown, we ate only the finest foods, and basked in only the best music. Together, we traveled the world, and saw amazing things. We soon became king and queen, and had a couple of princes of our own.

Well, basically that's it. Being a princess, then a queen isn't as glorious as it sounds, especially in the world we live in. Its actually quite gruesome and cruel. All the beauty of the lifestyle doesn't make up for the blood bled and the tears shed.

I guess I should start at the beginning, it all started before I was born, before my prince was born. The day the king made my father his most trusted adviser. The kingdom this great king ruled was Sin City, also known as Monte Dario. He ruled the underworld, he was the mob king.

My father, Vincent Lorenzo, ran a club downtown, which the mob used as a front for their dealings. Around the time my father became the king Adriano Sandro's right hand man the queen, Carla Sandro, was pregnant for her first child and they had arranged that if it was a girl, she would be married off to my older brother. It was a matter of trust and keeping the business going. To their dismay, Carla gave birth to a boy.

Two years later, my mother, Sonia Lorenzo, found herself pregnant for the second time, with me. It was joyous occasion for both families when they found out I was a girl. My future was set for me before I was even born. I, Daria Lorenzo was to marry mob prince Dustin Sandro.