Status: Complete!

Light Sea Green

1/1

The mansion’s glass wall, facing the river, gives the world somewhat of a light sea green glow. It’s beautiful to contemplate, and so she does, her raven hair attached to the back of her head by a French braid she had been working on since four am.
It’s an ordinary sunrise. She can’t see it, as the sun rises on the side opposite to the one she faces; but she knows it is. She knows that, inch by inch, the yellow ball of fire makes its way into everyone’s vision field, and the world starts working. Birds begin chirping, plants begin photosynthesizing, and people begin walking, talking, seeing things. But not her; she never fell asleep last night. She went back to his place, had a shower, braided her hair and sat on the glass room, waiting for the day to stir.
There’s no reason behind her wait. It seems she entered some sort of coma, her body functioning perfectly, but her mind absolutely blank. Some would call it apathy, but her thoughts were so full of nothing and her actions so mechanic, even apathy would seem a compliment to her state. No, that was something more. Perhaps she had gone into shock. Yes, considering her past night, that would be an accurate guess.
A flock of crows flies past her hideout, moving towards the sunrise. Breathing slowly, she closes her eyes and waits. She knows where they’re headed, and she knows that soon, so will everyone else.
Image

He was nice, and loving, and caring, and he always worried. He was a nurse at an asylum, a volunteer at every single local charity and worked at the kennel whenever he was asked. He was perfect, in every single way. And she worshiped him and his piercing blue eyes, his golden hair, his crooked smile, and everything that was him.
To her, he was a god. Nothing could harm him physically, because his blessed soul would fix any wound, and every time it did, he would become twice as strong. He had the power to make people better – that’s why she always wanted him to be with her.
No one else believed him to be a holy deity. She understood. She knew human beings had the tendency to believe only in the worst. But he was a god, of that she was certain.

Image

That night, she decided to prove her point. She headed towards his house, the one with the glass mirror facing the river, but he was nowhere to be found. Knowing his girlfriends whereabouts, she took a cab to her house.
His girlfriend was asleep when she got there; she knew it because the lights in her room were off and he was standing in the porch. His eyes widened when he saw her, asking what she was doing and how she had gotten there.
It didn’t matter. She asked about the water drops in his face; had someone sprinkled water at him? No, not exactly, he answered. His girlfriend, now asleep in her room, had broken up with him over some absurd reason. That wasn’t good enough explanation for her, why would he cry about that, she sat next to him. Actually, why would someone like him cry at all?
He narrowed his eyes. Of course he could cry; he was human after all. She smiled knowingly, as if apologizing for a small lie, claiming to know the truth too. What truth? No, not the god story again. He laid a hand on her shoulder, you should go back to your dorm, people must be so worried, but her smile only got bigger.
“I knew you’d lie again. That’s why I brought this.”
The knife she’d kept in her jacket went straight at his heart. His eyes froze, only mildly panicked as he didn’t have the time to understand what was about to happen. Red covered her hands and it was only after a few minutes she realized he was no god.

Image

He was the only male nurse at the local asylum. She was one of the most complicated patients, especially since she had begun to obsess over him. He became her nurse, because she wouldn’t take her medication from anyone else.
He was the cocky type, charming but irresponsible and rather obscene. When he cared the most, was when he disappointed the most. He was perfect in her eyes, a mess in his, and a poor unfortunate soul in everyone else’s.
Image

The knife, covered in scarlet, lay abandoned in the kitchen sink, but she’d rather not look. Red was an ugly color; besides, she had always loved light sea green.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that made you shiver in some kind of way. It just popped out of the blue; I don't think I meant to write something like this. Oh, well, it would eventually happen.