Too Young for This

Prolouge

I didn’t know how much longer I could take this fighting. We’d been fighting since just after the birth of Emily. And that was about a year and half ago. Braden and Emily spend a lot of time with Kyle’s parents because we’re always fighting. It doesn’t even matter that our daughter was conceived after a horrible fight during passionate make-up sex. I think the only reason we’re still together is for the kids, actually. Well that and we both hope that we’re just going through a rough patch and we’ll be okay. But Kyle’s spending more and more time in the studio and I’m spending more and more time being mom and dad to the kids. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like Kyle has become a dead beat dad. It’s just gotten harder for us. But today, me and Kyle are going out with Jonathan and Catt and I hope we don’t fight too much.

“Come on Eden” Kyle said impatiently. I thanked God that Kent had already came and picked up the kids.

“I’m getting dressed as fast as I can, Kyle.” I said.

“No need to be a bitch about it.” He said.

“I’m not being a bitch Kyle.” I said. “You’re being impatient.”

“Well excuse me for wanting to get there on time” he said. I sighed before pulling on my shirt and going out to the car. Kyle sighed and followed me to the car but we sat there not moving in the driveway.

“What happened to us, Eden?” he said. I sighed.

“I don’t know Kyle, but I don’t like it.” I said.

“We were fine before Emily came and now we fight all the time. I wasn’t even there for her first birthday because I’m an asshole. Here, I was there for everything with Braden. And with her, I feel like a failure. Like, with Braden we were seventeen” he said, pulling out of the driveway. “and with Emily we were 21, ready to be parents again and yet our relationship went to shit afterwards.” I sighed he was right.

“I know. Maybe we’re just a case of marrying to early and having a family too young. Kyle maybe we need a break?” I said.

“Like a divorce?” he said.

“If that’s what you want, then yes.” I said.

“Well it’s not exactly what I want. But it’ll have to work.” He looked at me and I looked at him.

“If by Emily’s third birthday we work it out, then we can get re-married. That’s a year and a half.” I said.

“Okay. Deal. But who get the kids.” He said.

“We’ll work something out.” I said.

“Fine.” He said.

“No look back at the road” I said. He did, so I looked back at my phone. To see Catt had messaged me. Where are you? Are you fighting again. So I replied with “No, we’re on our way. We’re getting a divorce, Catt.” I looked up to see Kyle staring at me.

“Dammit Kyle, look at the road.” I said. He frowned but listened. Sighing, I looked straight ahead and saw it was pretty boring and the car was tense.

Well that’s the last thing I remember doing that night. Well besides a sickening crunch of metal and Kyle screaming my name and then begging me to stay with him when ambulance sirens could be heard in the background. Then I closed my eyes and everything was black.
♠ ♠ ♠
bahaha Catt get off my nuts. x)
What happens next? Only me and Catt know