Too Young for This

One.

[Kyle Burns]

They wouldn’t let me ride in the ambulance with Eden, but they told me that she was loosing a lot of blood and was going to need surgery. I, on the other hand, had minor cuts and bruises. This was my fault, if I had been paying attention, she wouldn’t be in surgery right now. I had to call my parents and bandmates and tell them Eden might not make it through the night because of this. Of course, they all rushed to the hospital, and right now Braden is sitting on the floor with a book and I’m holding Emily while she sleeps.

I know I haven’t been around for much since Emily was born, but coming home everyday and having both of them greeting me at the door with “Daddy” makes my days a little easier to get through. I guess, I’m going to have a long time of doing exactly what Eden’s been doing for the past year and a half, even if she pulls through.

“Mr. Kyle Burns?” the doctor said. I got up and handed Emily to Mom before following him.

“Have you and Eden ever talked about what you would name a second son?” he said.

“Uh yeah, when we were looking for names for our son. It was Logan Cooper or Braden Noah. And we decided if we ever had a second son we’d name him Logan Cooper. Why?” I said.

“She woke up before we put her under for surgery, Mr. Burns. She asked if her baby was okay and we asked what she meant. She told us she was around 6 months along. So our first priority after that was to get the baby out safely, once we did that we started on her surgery. We don’t know when she’ll wake up though, Mr. Burns. It may be a few hours to a few months. We don’t know yet. We just have to watch her.” He told me.

“Hold on a second.” I said before turning around and walking towards the waiting room to grab Catt.
“Catherine Paige Cook! Did you know that Eden was pregnant again?” I hissed.

“Yes. And hear me out. She was going to tell you tonight Kyle. That’s why she wanted me and Jonathan to be there. Because she was afraid you’d freak out.” She said.

“Now I feel even worse!” I said. I turned to the doctor. “Can I see him?”

“As soon as we get a hospital bracelet to say you’re his father and he has a name.” he said.

“His name is Logan Cooper. Now let’s go” I clenched my teeth shut as I followed him down the hall leaving Catt staring at me. After getting my hospital bracelet I was taken to the room he was in.

“Jessica, this is Logan Burns father.” He introduced me to the nurse.

“Oh, hello. You’re the drummer in Forever the Sickest Kids, right?” she said. I nodded, taking my attention to the wires and tubes coming out of the incubator.

“I’ll leave you alone. You can fill your family in later.” The doctor walked out the door. And I just stood there staring at the baby.

“Are you okay? Is this your first child?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Uh, no he’s not. He’s actually our third. I uh, I didn’t know about him. His mom and I are in process of getting a divorce” I said.

“I’m sorry.” She said. I sat down in the chair by the incubator, running my fingers through my hair.

“Do you want to hold him?” she asked.

“Can I?” I whispered. She nodded.

“Unbutton your shirt. He has trouble keeping body tempurture. It’ll help stabilize him” she said. I nodded, doing what I was told. Then Logan was placed on my chest with all his wires and blankets. He was about 3 pounds lighter than Braden or 5 pounds lighter than Emily. I wanted to cry.

“Oh baby. I’m so sorry. I could have lost you both. I love you so much.” I whispered, kissing his head. After about ten minutes, I handed him back to Jessica and ran down the hall towards Eden’s room, automatically I sat down and took a deep breath.

“Eden, I don’t know if you can hear me or not, but I don’t want the divorce”
♠ ♠ ♠
bwhahahaha. Somebody besides Catt comment on this and I'll love you forever