Status: Finished

An Apocalypse Love Story

Home sweet home

"Abi you should come check this out," Mike yelled from the drivers seat. I was trying to cook dinner, (canned soup and pears..yum.. ) while keeping Caleb from crying.
"Oh god I miss chinese food. Sarah! please help!" I yelled.
She hurried into the kitchen and picked Caleb up and bounced him on her knee. Amber followed after her to stir the soup.
I ran towards the front of the bus.
"I think were here," Mike said.
I looked out the wind shied and saw a giant fence with zombies all around it.
"There's a town inside the fence," Mike said.
"How can you tell?"
"Smoke," he said as he pointed towards the smoke coming from the fence.
"Omg, we made it? we made it!"
"Don't celebrate yet we have to get through them,"
"Piece of cake hun, I'll go round up the boys and shoot them down like we always do,"
"There's hundreds of them Abi. I don't want to lose you like we lost Johnny,"
"Then what are we gonna do Mike?"
"Follow me,"
He parked the bus and killed the engine. He took my hand and led me to the hatch in the roof. He pulled it down and hoisted himself up.
"Why'd we stop?" Amber called out.
"Stay put! and keep Caleb safe!" I yelled.
Mike reappered and held out his hand. I took it and he helped me up onto the roof.
Mike was right. There were hundreds of zoms everywhere.
"What now?" I asked.
"This," he said as he turned around and started yelling, "HELP!"
"That's your plan?" I asked.
"Got anything better?"
"I guess not,"
We both jumped up and down while yelling "Help!" until we saw movement in the zombies around us. Then heard gun shots and yelling.
The zombies shifted towards the sudden sounds and when they parted we saw a giant gate slowly opening.
A woman with curly hair peaked out., she motions for us to move forward. Mike ducked back into the bus and i knelt on the roof watching.
The woman opened the gates wide enough for the bus to enter. I saw two men flanking her with automatics in there arms. She herself carried a baseball bat sharpened to a point. She and the two men pushed back the zoms while Mike slowly eased the bus into the fence.