There Are No Words to Describe My Feelings for You

There are No Words to Describe My Feelings for You

Vanity Erics was a bitch.

Sure, she was a number of other things as well: intelligent, athletic; a blonde bombshell who commanded the Hogwarts corridors like a model on a runway...

But none of that compared to the giant, ominous thundercloud over her head that rumbled watch yourself, because this chick is one tough bitch.

And now that she was a prefect? The Slytherin stomping grounds became a field of land mines for anyone on her bad side. She held all the power. Everyone was afraid of her.

Everyone except...

“I see you, Malfoy, don’t think you’re that clever,” Vanity rolled her eyes as she filed her metallic green-painted fingernails. She was lounged on one of the sleek, black leather sofas in the Slytherin Common Room. She was taking advantage of the quiet spot by the fire since everyone had gone up to their dorms for the night.

Well, most everyone...

“What do you want?” she asked boredly as Draco stepped in from around the corner, hands in his pockets, signature smirk gracing his angular face.

“Nothing in particular,” he responded. “Just thought you’d enjoy some company.”

“Sarcasm isn’t your best suit, Malfoy. You know I do my best work alone.” Vanity replied while admiring her finished manicure in the light of the fire. “So why don’t you run along?”

“Thanks, but I think I’ll pass, Erics.”

“That’s Ms. Erics to you, kid,” Vanity had taken to calling him kid, even though Draco was only one year her minor. She reveled in the way his pale cheeks would go red with frustration.

But tonight nothing seemed to phase the little git. He simply plopped down on the opposite sofa, still wearing that smirk, a green glint of something wicked in his eye. He was trying to get under her skin, just like always. It drove Vanity mad that he could be so vain, so arrogant, to think that he didn’t have to be intimidated by her. She owned Slytherin. He needed to be put in his place.

A familiar, mischievous feeling came over Vanity. This could be fun.

“You know Malfoy... I kinda admire you,” Vanity purred as she leaned a little closer into the golden glow of the flames, letting them illuminate her profile just perfectly, so her skin looked smooth as silk and her blue eyes were as piercing as ice impervious to the heat. Draco’s eyebrows shot up with surprise at Vanity’s sudden change of tone.

“You do?”

“Yeah, actually,” Vanity winked, standing up tall, shoulders back. She seductively strutted over to the sofa Draco was perched on. He eyed her with skepticism.

“What’s your game, Erics?” He asked carefully.

“No game,” Vanity feigned innocence, “besides... aren’t you used to having all the pretty girls tell you how enamored they are with you...”

“All except you, babe.”

“Mmm, but who wouldn’t be?” Vanity replied with as much sultry are she could muster. Her fingertips flirtatiously trailed up his arm, resting onto his shoulder as Vanity leaned over the back of the sofa just enough so that one of her long, blonde tendrils brushed against Draco’s cheek. She could practically hear his heart pounding. “You’re witty, charming, confident, assertive... not to mention sexy,” Vanity expertly let her breath tickle the back of Draco’s ear. He gulped and shifted his weight.

“Ahem, well, you couldn’t be more correct...” he choked out. Vanity secretly smirked and let out a low chuckle. She had him right where she wanted him.

“But you know what you are most of all, Draco Malfoy?” she asked seductively, swinging herself over the back of the sofa so she was sitting next to him, curling her hand around his silver and green tie and pulling him so close that their lips were barely millimeters apart.

“What’s that, babe?” He whispered, craving that kiss.

“You...” Vanity breathed back, “are a slimy, annoying,” her voice grew with intensity, “helpless little git!”

And with that, Vanity pushed Draco back into the sofa, brushed her hands together and began to walk towards the steps to the girl’s dormitories. “Goodnight, kid.”

“Well, you know, well,” Draco stammered, confused and flustered. Vanity turned around to gloat and saw that his typically pale cheeks were as flaming red as those obnoxious Weasley’s hair.

“What’s the matter, kid? All hot and bothered?”

“Don’t think I don’t know what you are too, Vanity Erics.”

“Enlighten me.”

“You’re- you’re... you’re a pompous, teasing, manipulative bitch!”

Vanity smiled, and stepped down from the last stair to place a hand on Draco’s cheek. She leaned in and whispered, “tell me something I don’t know,” before turning around again to leave.

“I’m not done!” Draco said, grabbing Vanity’s wrist and turning her around again. “You’re also...” his piercing eyes softened, “everything I could want in a woman. And I could spend all night standing here calling you names, but there’s one thing I could never find the words for.”

Vanity looked in Draco, not at him, but into those eyes and saw that he was being honest. “And what would that be, kid?” She asked, for the first time without the air of sarcasm.

Suddenly, Draco swung Vanity down into a tango dancer’s dip, catching the two of them perfectly poised, face to face, silhouetted by the fire. He whispered “there are no words to describe my feeling for you.”