Status: I have left Mibba and moved to fanfiction.net. You can find the link in my profile.

Like a Skyscraper

Like I'm made of paper

"Are you sure I look alright? I feel like someone else in these clothes…” Kaelyn turned this way and that in front of the mirror in Emmett’s room. They were getting ready for Edward and Bella’s wedding. She finally said yes to him, but Kaelyn had a feeling that was more because Bella also wanted to be changed.

“Babe, you look beautiful. Stop worrying,” Emmett said and stood up from his seat on the edge of the bed to plant a kiss on her forehead.

“If you mess up my makeup, Alice will have your head…” But her words didn’t reflect the content smile on her face.

Emmett looked at the blonde up and down. A deep red dress clung to her body in all the right places and fell to the ground to pooled a little around her feet. She looked into the mirror again and smoothed some of the creases down. Emmett wrapped his arms around her and caught her eyes in the reflection.

“You’ll be the most beautiful person in the room,” He whispered and moved her short hair off her neck so he could place a few lazy kisses along her skin. Shivers ran up Kaelyn’s spine, and her eyes drifted shut. She turned her head a little more to expose more of her neck.

“If you temp me too much, we won’t make it to the ceremony,” Emmett growled, wanting to take that dress back off of her and show her what he wanted to do to her. Kaelyn laughed and pulled away from him.

"Go! Go be with Edward. You’re supposed to be helping him get ready, remember?” Emmett groaned in response.

“Alice is running this show. Besides, that’s a best man’s duties, and they chose not have wedding parties—“

“Emmett, go before I shove you out,” Her tone was joking but he knew what she was capable. So Emmett kissed her one more time before leaving his own room in search of Edward. It wasn’t that hard to find him in his room listening to one of his many records.

“Kaelyn kicked you out?” Edward laughed when he read his mind. He heard their conversation but it was still funny to see it in his head too. Emmett rolled his eyes and sat down next to his brother.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, I know Bella is nervous, and she only said yes because this was a stipulation, but it’s still a big move to make.” Emmett grabbed his shoulder and squeezed gently.

“You guys love each other. Everything will be fine. You knew Bella wasn’t much of a wedding person, but she’s still doing this. You mean that much to her,” Emmett supplied.

“Wow, maybe Kaelyn is changing you. This is the first time you’ve actually given good advice,” Edward joked but thanked him all the same. Emmett shoved him and stood up. Thoughts of moving in with Kaelyn and getting down on one knee for her began to flood his head. Edward stood next to him and returned the comforting gesture.

“You know it’s not a question of it but when. There’s no way she’d turn that down.” Emmett nodded and left Edward’s room to walk downstairs. He waited by the staircase for a few minutes, but Kaelyn still wasn’t ready yet. He turned to call up to her, but his voice faltered when he saw her at the top of the stairs.

She had braided her bangs back into her curled, blonde hair and put on her jewelry. She gathered some of her dress in her hand and began to make her way down the stairs to him. When she was still a step above him, she fixed his crooked tie and patted it sweetly.

“I love you,” He managed to get out. She dazzled him with a bright smile.

“I love you, too.” Emmett held out his hand and helped her down the last step before offering his arm to her. Arm in arm, they began to walk outside to the chairs set up by the trees. Unable to take his eyes off her for even a second, he ended up almost walking past their chairs. Luckily Kaelyn was there to redirect him.

“You okay?” She asked once they were seated. Emmett swallowed and nodded.

“I think the wedding is getting to me. It’s making me think about things I hadn’t planned on thinking about for a while…” He admitted. Kaelyn held his hand in hers and nodded.

“We’re good, Emmett. Don’t feel like you need to do anything just because Edward is getting married. This is good for him and Bella, but we can go at our own pace. We always have in the past so this isn’t any different.” Emmett relaxed and leaned down to kiss her. He let his lips linger, enjoying the feeling of her soft skin against his.

He knew that they would eventually get married and live together, but with everything that happened recently, he just wanted to enjoy being with each other. It was hard enough to convince the wolves that they didn’t break the treaty and to look into the details again. Sam, fortunately, was willing to work with them on revising a few of the sections. It was added in that in life or death situations, the pack would be more open to the idea of a transformation occurring.

“It’s starting,” Kaelyn whispered and pulled Emmett out of his thoughts.

The ceremony was short and to the point, but it was beautiful. Kaelyn loved every second of it and let her mind wander to what her wedding with Emmett might look like one day. They stood with everyone else as the newly married couple made their way together back down the aisle and to the reception.

Everyone sat in their respective seats and watched the two share their first dance together. Kaelyn leaned into Emmett as they watched them twirl around. When the next song started, Emmett pulled Kaelyn up and onto the dance floor with him. He spun her around effortlessly and then pulled her in close as they swayed.

Emmett closed his eyes and breathed in her scent. He could definitely see their future together easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while and sorry this one is short. I'm wrapping this story up with a few more chapters. They'll be on the shorter side, but y'all finally get your ending!!