‹ Prequel: Mona Lisa

This Is A Story About A Girl

I Won't Forget Her Name, Always Love Her The Same

Nothing had ever made me so nervous in my life.

I had never had such a worried demeanour.

But everything's fine.

Because today is the final show. And I had been planning this day out for a long time. If everything worked out, Liz would just fall into my arms.

----

The show was amazing. I've never felt the crowd so close to me. I've never heard them sing so loud, or jump so much. It was the best feeling I could have asked for, and considering it was the final show, a home show even, it was the perfect way to end a perfect tour.

But the day was far from over. I still had everything to do, and no time to rest. The only real rest I got was when we went to McDougals. After a short supper, I decided I had no time to spare.

I sent a text to Jess to make sure to let me know if Liz leaves early, and she nodded before I stood up.

"Well, I think I'm going to go home, night everybody," I stuttered. Liz's eyes glazed over in disappointment. I couldn't help but smile a bit at what she was completely oblivious about.

I had to run home, because I otherwise I might just have a heart attack. Stephen's truck was parked in the back, with our couch in tow. I had stolen it last minute.

I drove off to Liz's and Jess' bungalow, checking the clock every minute, hoping that time might slow. Because I didn't want to be suspicious, I had to lug the couch out by myself. I dragged it across the lawn, luckily not making any marks. By the time I had closed the gate, concealing the furniture, it was 11.

"Shit," I muttered, out of breath.

The next part was a little easier, but I still had no time to waste.

I grabbed a sharpie out of my pocket, and a pink stack of sticky notes. I fumbled to find Jess' key to their house, and walked in. The first sticky note ended up on the door.

"Girl I'd steal the Mona Lisa"

The lyrics flew from my fingers, as I placed the notes around her house, stopping at her bedroom door, and returning out the other side. My phone said 1, but my heart hoped it was wrong. It buzzed with a text from Jess, telling me that Liz was almost leaving. I went into full red alert, and moved back outside of the house.

Next, in yellow sticky notes. I wrote out a few lyrics from About A Girl. I hadn't planned this part out originally, but it seemed like a good move. I threw my thin body over the gate, for no reason because it was open, and then sat down on the couch, stopping to catch my breath.

The next five minutes were the worst five minutes of my life.

I couldn't hear anything, and I just kept thinking that Liz was already inside and stuff when I heard a slight humming.

It had to have been Liz. She is the only one I know that hums like that. I peered over the gate to confirm my suspicion. She was there alright. Looking as stunning as ever, I might add.

She fumbled for the same key the way I just had, and looked up into the first note. Her face was hilarious. It was a mix of puzzled, and worried and just general hilarity. My hand held my mouth from laughing and giving away my only cover. She went inside, and I counted before dragging the couch back out on the lawn.

One.

Breathe John breathe.

Two.

Okay, almost there.

Three.

The gate made no sound when opened, but my huffing and puffing sure did. Hopefully she was just reaching her bedroom door, as I put the couch in a good spot, and hid back behind the gate. The moment I clicked the gate was the moment she clicked the door.

"What the fuck?"

I again had to keep myself from laughing. This time, however, I tried a little less on keeping myself concealed. I was going to give myself away soon anyways. She looked so distraught by the time she had read the notes, I couldn't help myself.

I stepped out behind the gate, barely visible. It couldn't have even been one second before her arms were around me.

"John," she squeaked. I closed my arms around her, squeezing her body as much as I could. But I thought I might break her, so I pulled away.

"Liz, don't cry," I mumbled, wiping her salty tears. Suddenly, something came over me, and I felt words flowing off of my tongue before I had the chance to think about what I was saying.

"Liz, I love you. I always have, and I was never sure that you even knew that I did until now, but I just couldn't hold it back for any longer. I love you with all of my heart, and I just want to be with you forever. Look, we've been best friends for 3 years, let's be lovers for the next 70."

I took a sharp breath, unsure of what her response would be. She grabbed my hands, and threw herself back into the couch, allowing me to lower my body over top of hers.

And then we started to kiss. And kiss. And kiss.

I don't know even how long our lips were entangled. But I had to breathe, and I could tell she needed to. I stopped, and dug my left hand into the couches cushions. My fingers closed on a small box, and I pulled it to her as we sat up.

"Open it."

Her eyes danced from mine to the box, and then back to mine.

She opened it with care, to reveal the ring I had bought her. I had bought it 2 years ago, when I wrote About A Girl. It was then that I knew that I was going to marry Liz. We were window shopping, and I came across this one. It screamed her name, and I had to buy it.

"I'm not asking you to marry me.. At least not yet. This is just a promise. I promise to love you Lizzy, always and forever," I said.

"I love you John."

-----

Finally. Finally I have her. She's mine. I'm hers. It's even now. It's not just me that loves her anymore. She loves me too. I don't know exactly how many times I've dreamt about this day, but it couldn't have been anymore perfect. Because here she is, in my arms. Wearing the ring I bought her. Her lips have touched mine, and long to touch mine. It's not just a dream anymore.

I have my dream girl.

She's in love with me.

And I will forever love her.

Because in the end, this is a story about a girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I am going to end this here I just might but anyways I hope this is good I think it sucks but yeah love you gusy <3333333