‹ Prequel: Mona Lisa

This Is A Story About A Girl

Baby Don't Stop Now

I stretched my arms out widely, reaching my wingspan out as far as I could. I didn't want to play today. I wasn't really in the mood. I wanted to be lazy. So I figured I'd take a quick nap before we had to play, and then I would be energized. But the couch that our bands have been residing on was occupied by Liz. Even better.

Her eyelids were closed and she was strumming softly, tuning my fender. She sat on the absolute edge of couch, and I knew there was more then enough room for me to snuggle in behind her.

"What'cha doin?" I whispered into her ear, snaking my fingers around her waist, and interlocking my fingers.

"Well since someone stole my idea for sliced bread.."

I laughed in my chest. Inhaling and exhaling sharply, I could feel something so strong in us. Maybe I should ki-

"Hey Liz. Gee wiz, have you seen John anywhere?" Courtney joked, "I just can't find him."

"Why no, I sure haven't!" they giggled at each other, "But if I do, I will let you know!"

"Show in 5, okay babycakes?"

Fuck. She tilted her head to touch mine softly. Every time I mustered up the courage to make a move with Liz, something stopped me. Since the day we met, I woke up knowing that I was going to make my move. But by the end of the day, I realized that we would only ever be friends. Then the next day it would start all over again. Maybe it was fate. Or maybe I just had shitty luck. But you can't complain about bad luck if it's all you have.

I managed to stand up and grab my guitar from her lap. She smiled at me with that beaming smile that I could hardly stand, and I tried my best to hide how I felt. I smirked, then it turned into a full out grin.

Just as I started out to the stage, Cameron, Josh's brother, and Liz's twin, cursed behind me. He bolted towards Josh's guitar and tuned it. He was such a character. Liz and him were so alike, sometimes it was hard to tell them apart.

Our set this tour was pretty short this tour. It was just the right amount of old and new for the new release, and I enjoyed it. I loved to play more than anything, but that was obvious. But everything's fine was a whole new ballpark. I felt.. emotional playing them. About A Girl and Mona Lisa especially. I wrote About A Girl for Liz on my 19th birthday. I didn't write all the lyrics, but I had the first line and the melody. Brian and I stayed up for hours one night and wrote Mona Lisa. But he was writing about Chelsea, his ex.

After the show, I decided to jump down into the crowd and take pictures with fans. I loved taking pictures with them, because they were so excited to see me and it was mutual. We took pictures for a few hours, then I headed back to the bus, where the driver was explaining to Courtney how it was going to be a quick drive.

Stephen must have cracked a bottle of whiskey the second we walked into the bus. He poured me out a gratuitous shot, and I slurped it back, and held my cup out for him to refill.

"Maybe we are related," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and swallowed the next one. I grabbed two drinks, one for Jess, one for Lizzy. I handed the girls the drinks, and snuck my way in between them.

"The blonde guys in the third row were cute."

"The ones in the middle?"

"Yeah, beside the sign."

I groaned loudly at their chatter. Both of their faces curled with smirks. Just as their smiles faded, someone grabbed their hands, and shook them off of the couch. Stephen twirled Liz, and Josh danced with Jess. They were drunk, and I tried to make sure no one got hurt, and nothing broke. I was always the sober second thought. That was who I was. Sure, I couldn't really see straight, but I'm a born worry wart.

I sat alone for a little while, talking to Dylan, and asking him stupid questions.

"When do you know you should marry someone?"

"When you forget to put the seat down," he said honestly.

"Do you miss being single?"

"No.. That would be like the world missing mosquitos if they were wiped from the earth," again answering with drunken humour.

"What's it like to be in love?"

"You gotta figure that out on your own. What's with all the questions?" He replied and left me hanging. I was the last to go to my bunk. I couldn't help but wonder if what I was feeling was love. I stared over into Liz's bunk, and she caught my eyes.

"Goodnight Baby Go," She mouthed to me.

"Night Lizzy," I mouthed back.

If what I was feeling wasn't love, I was sincerely worried for what was.
♠ ♠ ♠
YET another chapter.
HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING?
Comment?