‹ Prequel: Mona Lisa

This Is A Story About A Girl

Some Things Are Meant To Be Kept Secret

I got out of bed way to early, and was up to a text.

"Hey, can we talk?"

Cameron Leahy. What did he want? I jumped out of bed and showered quickly. I threw my hairband around my head and slipped out of the trailer, hoping no one would wake up. Brian was humming something, so I figured I wouldn't be the loudest thing.

He was walking around the corner and I yelled out to him.

"Hey! John. I'm glad I caught you," he spoke like this was a random meeting.

"Uh okay, so what did you want to talk about?" I asked blatantly. His eyes fell to the ground, and his cheeks burned.

"Well, you know Liz?"

"Yeah..? Wh-what about her?" I stuttered. My brain was starting to swell. I needed coffee.

"Are you two, a thing?"

Liz and I. A thing. Was this kid crazy?

"No, we're best friends," I replied with a hint of duh.

"Oh. Well sorry but you guys act kind of like it. So," He continued, "Do you think she'd go for a guy like me?"

My face instantly dropped. I looked over at cameron, attempting to hold my jaw from falling. Did he really want to get with my best friend? He was.. Everything she found attractive. Band member, guitarist, and a seemingly good personality.

"You'd have to talk to her," I guessed.

"Maybe I will. Thanks man," he ran off with a grin.

The worst part of this conversation was the smile that crept up on his face after I said that. It was the kind of face of someone with.. an inner motive. I've seen guys want to get with my girls. Jess and Liz were gorgeous, and guys always came up to us asking if they could get with them. But Cameron? He might actually have a chance.

And that was what scared me.

-------

I looked around for Liz for a little while, hoping I could get to tell her about Cameron before he talked to her. I checked the couch first, knowing that she would be there. I didn't even look before I dropped my body into the ripped cushions.

"John what the hell are you doing?"

I sat up abruptly to face Josh. No one was on the couch.

"Nothing, what are you doing?" I turned it around on him. He furrowed his brows, and laughed.

"John, you're a fucking tool."

I beamed at my blonde bandmate. He shook his head and turned off.

"Hey have you seen Liz?"

"Yeah, she's with Dylan, doing merch," He answered from the corner.

I started off with a quick pace. He was going to flirt with her and she was going to fall for him and I knew I was going to hear daily about how in love they were. I knew it, because I was her best friend.

I saw her as soon as I reached the merch line. Her brown locks were easy to spot in a crowd. She was with someone, and I felt my feet speed up to reach the table quicker. He left before I could reach her, and I slowed down and stepped by her, to make it seem like I wasn't trying to get to her.

"Lizzy, don't you have like.. a job or something to do?" I said, nearly out of breath.

She nodded, and looked at me with a puzzled face.

"Who was that?" I asked, itching for her to say that he was no one, and that they would have no chance together at all.

"Cameron Leahy. He seems okay, do you know him?" She said quietly, her mind obviously on something else.

"Not really.. Do you like him or something?"

"What?! Are you crazy Gomez? I hardly know him!" She blushed furiously.

I was supposed to be the one that turned her red. My eyes dropped down to the ground, and I kicked at a rock, missing terribly.

"Don't worry, you'll always be my number 5 guy," she laughed.

"5?"

"My dad, Josh, Cameron, and Connor of course!" Her laugh bounced back to me again, "And then you." She reached out for my hand, shooting sparks into my fingertips.

"God, some girls just freak me out," I snickered.

"Maybe you should just take it slow,"

"Well, this is how we live!"

She punched my arm and laughed again, "I'll never find someone like you."
♠ ♠ ♠
HI GUYS. Loving this right now, It'll only get better though.

No update tomorrow, maybe two on saturday?