‹ Prequel: Mona Lisa

This Is A Story About A Girl

It Was Only Just A Dream

It was black. Pitch black. And I was alone. I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't feel. Something was missing, and I kept looking for it. I walked in one direction for what seemed like forever, and then.. I was falling, I was falling so fast I couldn't tell what was happening.

Then I hit the ground. I could hear a voice.

"John."

"Liz?!" I called out frantically. No one was around, but I knew she was here somewhere. I searched everywhere, until I found her. She was in the arms of a masked man.

"Liz stop," I yelled to her.

But she didn't stop. She kept going, moving faster with each step I took. It wasn't long before she was gone. Liz was gone. Suddenly everything was in slow motion, and I fell to the ground, on my knees.

---------

I awoke with a cry. My breathing was quick and shallow, and my hands were shaking. I never have nightmares. And if I do, they are never this real. What if it was real?

That couldn't be true. But for some reason, I had to find out. I peeled the blankets off of myself, shivering at the blast of cold air. My legs swung down to touch the ground softly, and I slowly stepped over to Liz's bunk. The curtain was open, and she seemed to be asleep.

"Liz." I said, smiling.

She jumped when I said her name.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up but," I looked down at the floor, "uh, I had a bad dream. Can I crawl in with you?"

Her eyes searched mine for something, I wasn't sure what, but she nodded. I swallowed hard, trying not to cry. I thought I would never see her again, and here I am, laying in bed with her. I crept closer to her, and she grabbed a piece of my hair, which needed a cut desperately. She was focused on twirling my hair. There was a soft melody in the air, and I could feel myself falling asleep. Before I slipped back into dreamland, I grabbed her hand and laid it under my head.

---------

Early that morning, I woke up. Liz's hands were still in mine. Her breath was like the constant reminder that she would never leave, and boy, it was comforting. I leaned towards her forehead, and put my lips onto the exposed area. I wanted nothing more than to lead my lips down to hers, and let them sit there for a good long time.

But I couldn't. So instead, I turned my back to her, and grabbed her hands so that they wrapped around me. Our fingers are puzzle pieces, and every time they were together, I knew that it was meant to be like that.

--------

A few hours later, I awoke to laughter. And not just some small talk induced laughing, I'm talking full out laugh attack. I couldn't make out what they were laughing about, all I heard was ducks.

Seriously, they were laughing about ducks.

"What's going on?" I asked. Everyone stared at me, and then, the laughter began again, but this time, they could hardly speak. I wasn't really in the mood to laugh back with them, but I couldn't help but shake my head and smirk when Brian snorted.

When everybody calmed down, I sat and sipped some tea, that I was currently addicted to. Liz sat next to me. I told her about my dream, and why I wanted to sleep next to her. She nodded and smiled when I told her, and then pulled me in for a hug. Her hugs were always the best part of my day. The part of my day where I held my entire world. The part where everything was perfect. The part where, even for a moment, Liz was mine.

"I'm always here," she whispered, "Always."

For a second, she pulled away, and my heart dropped. But instead of letting go, she just let her face curl into a grin. I put my fingers around her waist, and drew circles into her back.

I pulled her in closer to me. We were eye to eye, our noses touching. That could have been it. I could have kissed her. But for once in my life, I thought that it wasn't the right time.

So we walked down towards the merch table, hoping to waste some time, because we were seriously early for the show. Halfway there, my eyes met Cameron's. I glared at him, and held Liz even tighter. He had followed the instructions that's for sure.

We were about to pass him, when Liz starting laughing uncontrollably. I looked down at her with a shocked face.

"What? I just don't like that guy," I said, attempting to sound less protective.

"You're crazy Gomez. You'll be the death of me," she replied, giggling and punching my arm.

Her grin was impeccable. It was the biggest smile I have ever seen. I was really appreciating it, when she put her head down, and turned bright red.

"What's wrong?" I chuckled, hoping it wasn't something about me.

"Nothing," she answered abruptly. She was looking back up at me, a grin creeping up on both of our faces, "Nothing's wrong at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW. this took me an hour to write. I'll make another one later tonight okay? okay.

alksjfdlaskjfkj